NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Default HOYCE GRACIE vs. MIKE (STEROID) TYSON!!

Posted By: 2seamer

I a celebrity death match my $$$ would go on Gracie!! As far as my one and ONLY experience with KOOS:

About 2 years ago I bought a couple of Mantles from him BEFORE he went PRIVATE with his auctions. FORTUNATELY for me he sent the cards before my check was posted. I got to the bank and cancelled payment when I noticed the cards were restored! After I did that Koos sent me vulgar emails threatening that I would be in prison eating my captain crunch and washing it down with fresh ejaculate for not paying him. I just sent the junk back and moved on. I would say that no doctor of any profession would send emails like that. Then he has one of his hookers call me and gripe about the $$$. Anyway........my one time experience. The ONLY kind of Doctor Koos may be is a CARD DOCTOR if anything! I enjoy the threads on hear that are educational......not the obvious. It is all OBVIOUS what KOOS does and it takes no rocket scientist to figure that one out. As far as Daniels......I have had my deliberations with him.....we are on the same page now and he is very helpful. Atleast he admits what he does and hides behind no fake name or #. The point is that I have enjoyed his knowledge on vintage. Koos has not helped out the board.....other than enternaining us with his threads.

regards,
Jason

Old 08-26-2002, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DaveP

i've been reading this board for a while, referred here by a friend. i am not a new collector, but i am by no means a professional at a lot of the technical stuff ou guys talk about. i appreciate the wealth of info, but... for example, i have two sons who are also intereted in card trading. one starting 7th grade this year, one starting 9th grade. i hope they never find this board, solely because of the postings which the koos fellow puts up here. the last thing i would call koos is entertaining. i certainly will not show this board to my boys. i would be embarrassed to have them read what he posts here. i have not read one thing he posts which is informative; just argumentative, antagonistic and often x- and xxx-rated.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

It is true that to the new collector this board will wipe the shine of the hobby halo but issues about eBay scams, restoration, trimmed cards, new grading companies, rerpints, "fishy" selling tactics, etc. are all issues collectors HAVE to contend with and should be informed about if they want to protect themselves. There is too much money at stake these days.

It is a free-for-all at times and the mud slinging does get down and dirty at times but all of the non-card issues presented on this board are legitimate ones that we encounter in this so called hobby. Unless your sons are getting into the vintage area I don't think this board would be too much help to them anyway.

I wouldn't recommend this specific board to a young, new card collector and I don't have kids. I'm sure there are chat boards and sites for younger collectors who discuss what IS important to them and what I hope is still important to us on this board: collecting Baseball cards for the fun and enjoyment of it.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DaveP

my sons and i are interested in vintage cards and players. i fully agree that everything you stated should be brought up, discussed, and exposed. exactly as you have said. i don't aagree that koos should be allowed to post the crude and vile insults that he does. even if they get removed later, they've already been up for many to see by then. too bad there isn't software that could keep him off. this would be a much better discussion area without him.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

DaveP, most your thoughts concerning you-know-who are either shared or understood by board members. I've learned the best technique is to ignore him, as he eventually calms down and does, on occasion, say something with insight. We've all met people in this world where, after a while, we realize there's no point in arguing with them-- it's not even worth the effort.

Also, as most on this board will testify, there have always been heated arguments on this board, though rarely of the X rated kind. Though occasionally rowdy, this type of board (and CU too) are overall healthy, as they cover issues that the sanitized Beckett, Tuff Stuff, SMR, etc won't touch. I wrote a few articles for Beckett, and while I have essetially nothing but good things to say about the way they treated me and they let me choose my subjects (they got final approval), I was specifically told not to say anything bad about their advertisers. I tend to believe that it will be a cold day in Haiti before some of those popular magazines will tough subjects like PRO, AAA et al-- which really is a shame.

Old 08-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...RUBBER check (YES..BANKS don't STAMP stopped checks with the letters 'NSF'..non-sufficient funds) identify herself as a "Hooker" or is this an assumption? I still have a photocopy of your bounced check with the letters stamped prominently across it if your memory needs refreshing. YOU told MY SECRETARY that "someone bounced a check on you and it threw off your whole account" and that you would "send ANOTHER check as soon as the matter was rectified". WHO are you kidding? Maybe your buddies here, but lest we forget, I was the one on the opposite end of your attempted theft. If these cards were "restored", why did you delay sending them back for so long (2 months), that I had to get my lawyer to contact and urge you to do so? Did my lawyer give you the impression of being a "Hooker" as well? You and Brian so share something in common..you both perceive 'hookers' and 'prostitutes' wherever you look, and you both worship on Sunday, asking the God to give you the strength to put your thumb on the scale come Monday.

Old 08-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Administrator

...about certain components of the English language. I was under the false assumption that we're all adults here. I've never heard someone say, "Watch what you say in front of the adult". Usually, the saying is, "watch what you say in front of the kids".

Old 08-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hans

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw insults..
Hans

Old 08-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Administrator

You have a secretary and work in a hospital? That is a first. I just posted my experience with you that is all. Why the personal attacks about being a Christian? Is gone giving you conviction? I spend lots of coin on cards.....so I assure you the few hundred I spent on your altered garbage I had the bank cancel or withdrew from checking.......it really doesnt matter. The fact remains that I was lucky enough to receive the cards and spot them and stop funds to you!! Your bogus lawyer pal did not scare me a bit. My question to you is: With your benzes and $500k salary....why do you deal in altered junk? If I had that kind of dough I would be buying the real thing! Seriously? If you have that kind of jing......why deal in altered stuff? I have no personal problem with you opther than your dumb juvenile emails you sent at that time threatening me eating CC and fresh ejaculate! You are definitely a class act!!

Old 08-28-2002, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

..at the computer screen. I think the bigger issue, though, is that people pop in here to learn about or discuss cards - when they see a bunch of personal bickering, they are turned off and view this board as a waste of their time. When I catch myself fighting with people, I just stay away from the board for a week or two until I cool off and the other people forget about what we were fighting about - it seems to work okay. Heated arguments seem to be okay, but when you get into obscenity and bigotry you cause hatred that doesn't go away - the recipients don't forget about it, which means the fighting keeps coming up even when there's no fight. Personally, I forgive and forget easily - most of you are virtual friends that I will never meet physically, so it's easy to forget a virtual fight and move on.

Old 08-28-2002, 04:48 PM
Administrator

...just what you did, and there IS a BIG difference between a stopped check and a rubber one. I have an office secretary to handle paperwork that must be filled out, and keep the office running smoothly. She is an RN as well. Let me ask you several questions:
1) Why do you assume that I KNEW you're a Christian, let alone that I am hurling barbs at you for your choice of Faith? I quoted a "SAYING", that's all.
2)Why do you assume that the call you received was from a "bogus lawyer" and not a very proficient and prominent attorney?
3)I don't "deal in altered junk". I bought 2 cards graded by Pro, I held them for 2.3 years and I'm now trying to recoup my investment. Prior to these two, in the past year and a half, I've auctioned possibly 75 cards on Ebay, 72 of which were Brian's E, T, and Egg cards which to my knowledge WEREN'T restored because we had a pre-agreement that he would "NOT SEND ME ANYTHING TO SELL FOR HIM THAT WOULD EMBARRASS ME".
4)Like it or not, I shoot straight from the hip, mean what I say, and say what I mean. You wouldn't answer ANY of my emails BEGGING you to return the cards for over TWO weeks. When you did finally email me you told my secretary that, "you would be getting a new check out to me and that it was an error because someone bounced a check on you that threw off your entire account". Two months after they were sent, and following a call from my attorney, I was finally in possession of my cards once again.

Old 08-28-2002, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...will stamp NSF onto a check which is cashed by someone, but a stop payment has been put on it by the issuer after it was written. Some others will put "canceled" (or whatever is their internal policy). Just because it said NSF means nothing. That means (even for a stoppped payment) that there are not funds available for the draw to the check. Many will not classify the reason for the NSF on the automated stamp, even when it is a customer requested stop payment.

LOL. Most "big business" people know that already...so don't try to make some huge earth shaking point out of it.

Old 08-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Administrator

....in every word I say, even if nothing IS wrong. How about THIS email that 2Seamer sent to BCD right from my files:

Dateline: Nov15,2001 JDBaseball08 writes about Brian Daniels:

"this guy appears to be a loose cannon and is trying to ruin my good name by emailing all you folks about my vintage cards. I am not a dealer but only a collector of Vintage cards who enjoys the hobby. I hope you all have enough sense to ignore his childish remarks. The bottom line is that I guarantee any vintage card I sell with refund, and will do the same with the Cobb. I do not prefer grading companies because that is the way I am especially since PSA burnt me on a 51B Mantle they returned and the person that I sold it to got an onsite graded PSA 7 for it.I just prefer collecting. I hope this does not put a bad taste in my mouth about collecting online, but if this jerk (BCD) keeps it up, it may. He just keeps harrassing me and will not let his opinions be heard and die. UNDERSTAND, that I am not out to scam or rip off anyone. ALL my cards are 100% authentic and 100% unaltered in every way. If the Cobb is indeed short could it not be a cut short card? As some T206s are? I have all this jerk's (BCD) emails saved and any of you who request may read them....then see who is the REAL LIAR!"

thanks,
2seamer,
Jason

Old 08-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Administrator

...or is this your email content, word for word about BCDs constant haranguing of you? You flip-flop very easily if these are your words.

Old 08-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...and, that has WHAT to do with my post about stop-payments? Or did you address this to me because you thought I would actually be interested in more of your Brian-bashing? (Which I am not...it's just more of your smoke-screen, trying to keep everyone's eye off the real ball they should be watching...)

Old 08-30-2002, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Koos-

I have no more debate with you. I need not to explain for it does not matter. The fact was that I protected myself when i saw the cards were altered plain and simple. I dont care what your bank stamped it........and yes I have had people bounce checks to me. I probably gave you that excuse to buy myself some time to get a professional opinion that in fact they were altered.which they were! I have no further beef with you. Everyone has been made aware of the person you are. I really could care less if you are a doctor, pimp, TV evangelist or whatever! I shoot from the hip as well and have nothing to hide as my feedback reflects. Take care and good luck on your Mantle.

Jason