NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Chris Counts

Default Is it possible to delete a seller from an Ebay search?

I'm wondering if it's possible to delete a specific seller from an Ebay search. One of my favorite categories is "snapshot" and there is one seller who has flooded EBay with overpriced snapshots (he currently has about 3,100 out of 3,200 listings in the category), thereby complicating my searches. Even if I could get his prices down, I'm not interested dealing with him because he has too many negatives. Is there a way to hide this guy from my searches? I'm tired of looking at his stuff every day ...
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 PM
David McDonald

I wish there were a way to omit specific sellers from eBay searches, too. Some of my searches are sometimes flooded with one seller's stuff and it is tedious to wade through. I don't believe there is a dedicated way to delete a seller but sometimes the brute force method works. Try "snapshots -3.5x3.5" and see if that is any better.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 PM

I think you can do it by going to advance search. I believe it will allow you to omit that seller. Hope this helps
Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Chris Counts

Thanks, David. There's still about 400 of his snapshots left, but it's a lot better than looking at more than 3,000 of them ...
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Chris,

Funny you should bring this up, because I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago. Did my snapshot search, looked at a couple of listings, then hit his listing of photos and immediately began searching for other items. He does have some nice snapshots, but definitely overpriced on many and has had them on there month after month....I guess not too different from some card dealers.

As for your original question, I don't know of any way to delete this seller when searching. I wish I knew how.

Mike
Old 12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
I think you can do it by going to advance search. I believe it will allow you to omit that seller. Hope this helps
I think Tony the New Guy is on to something. Click "Advanced Search" then fill in "Keywords" field with "snapshots", scroll to "Sports Mem, Cards & Fanshop" in the "In this category" field and in the "Sellers" section checkmark "Only Show items from:" and click "Specific Sellers" at which point you can toggle to exclude the desired seller sportslot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Search1.jpg (16.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg Search2.jpg (11.3 KB, 173 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Chris Counts

Awesome, David! It worked like a charm ...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Jeff

This is excellent info. Thanks David!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
David McDonald

Thank Tony, not me. I've always wished I could streamline my baseball card search when one of the big dealers is doing a mega-listing eBay dump of the same stuff I've seen many times already. Looks like the means have been available all along.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Robert Williams

Yes! I have used that feature numerous times! When I was building my 1952 Berk Ross set, I had to exclude yepbg to get to see all the NORMAL priced stuff....
Old 12-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Big League Baseballs

That's great advice. But, I just realized the seller you're trying to eliminate.

Just from my experience - the listed prices on everything from sportslot seem high. But try making an offer. I've bought a few hockey and baseball items and sigs from this seller, always well below listed price. Sometimes with offers more than 50-60% off of the BIN price.

Maybe it's still not worth it to deal with all those listings, but if you see something you really want, I'd start low on an offer and go from there.