NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-28-2010, 05:42 AM

Default 1949 Leaf Pennant Offer - what do they look like?

The back of Leaf cards advertise HOF portraits, an album for your cards, or pennants that can be obtained by redeeming wrappers. The back scan below(not my card) advertises the pennant offer. Does anyone know what the pennants looked like? Does anyone have any to show? I really don't know if I've seen them before or not!

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 leaf Casimer Michaels-Back.jpg (49.8 KB, 182 views)
Old 11-30-2010, 04:29 AM

Default anyone?

Ok, this thread has now hit the century mark of viewers with no replies. I thought that might be a milestone but surprisingly there are a lot of threads that get more than a hundred viewers where no one posts again. So, now I am wondering why no one has replied. Is it...

a) the pennants DON'T EXIST?
b) NO ONE has seen any '49 Leaf pennants?
c) the pennants have been seen, but NO ONE has any to show/post?
d) EVERYONE has seen said pennants, its common knowledge, and no one wants to be the first to tell me they are as common as '83 Fleer Ron Kittle rookie cards?
e) Its been discussed before at length and don't want to re-hash this one?

Is this a hobby mystery or is this old, uninteresting news?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Max Weder

Jason

This should be posted on the card side too, as many card collectors don't look at these threads.

(and to add, I don't know the answer to your question and am very interested to see what the pennant premiums were)
Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I'm curious to see the answer as well. Although I'm a pretty advanced long-time pennant collector, I have no idea what these look like. Hopefully someone will respond with some good images of the Leaf Pennants. It's certainly not for lack of interest that I didn't reply...

Great post, btw!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Scott Gaynor

My guess is that they are similar or identical to the generic mini pennants that you see all of the time and there is no way to identify them as being issued by Leaf.

Now if some would turn up in the original shipping envelope.....that would be pretty cool.

Scott
https://www.ebay.com/sch/estate-find...1&_ipg=&_from=

Find my monthly auctions on auctionninja
https://www.auctionninja.com/gaynors-fine-consignments/