NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-19-2017, 07:07 PM
C@rl P@rk

Default Lotto tickets from Japan

Should be fun to see how this guy fares in the majors and to what extent he actually plays two ways. Got these relatively cheap before the prices started rising on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 AM

Boom or bust really. I remember when Daisuke cards were exploding. Now you'd be lucky to find a buyer.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

It will be interesting to see how his future unfolds. Not that I believe this would happen, but if he can hold the type of numbers here I would love to see him be a relief pitcher with a regular fielding position so that you can effectively use a double switch in later inning games and not lose his bat.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:56 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Boom or bust really. I remember when Daisuke cards were exploding. Now you'd be lucky to find a buyer.
Yep - hence the "lotto tickets" heading. I got these for $15 each right before sales started closing in the $75-$100 range for the cards on the left and right in my picture. Not much for speculation, so $15 seemed about right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
It will be interesting to see how his future unfolds. Not that I believe this would happen, but if he can hold the type of numbers here I would love to see him be a relief pitcher with a regular fielding position so that you can effectively use a double switch in later inning games and not lose his bat.
That would be cool - I imagine he'd want to play on the west coast, and I assumed he'd end up with an AL team like the Angels or Mariners, that could theoretically DH him four days a week and let him start the fifth day. What's interesting from what little I know is that his move to MLB is predicated on being allowed to play both ways. So it seems that, at least at first, he'll definitely play two ways. That'll certainly inject a little fun into the old ballgame if he does it and is successful.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Sean McGinty

Man, those are going for 75-100$ each now? I gotta go through my shoeboxes of BBM and Calbee cards for Ohtanis now!

Personally with that money I would just go for one of Ichiro's early Japanese cards, like his 1993 BBM rookie card or his Calbee cards from the early to mid 90s, which can all be had for that much or less. The cards are probably harder to find, plus Ichiro has already had a Hall of Fame career so no worries about him fizzling like Matsuzaka in a couple years.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 AM
C@rl P@rk

Agreed - this is really just a speculation play at this point. The Ichiros available are expensive and I am content with my American rookie card for him, which seems to have taken off in the last year. But yeah, check out the sold listings on ebay those BBM Ohtanis - graded ones are going in the hundreds. You may be sitting on a gold mine!