NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default undervalued cards?

Posted By: scott

with the explosion of the caramel card market ,what other types of cards do you feel are undervalued?does the 18th century cards share the same potential as caramels?do goudeys have that potential?
thanks,
scott

Old 06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott

oops i meant 19th century!

Old 06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I don't think Goudeys have the potential of going sky high simply because of the number of the available on the market. Even though they are still caramel I think that the 1920's american caramel and such will continue to rise as people I think are just now starting to really collect them. Even though this sounds strange I think the strip card market will rise as well - but I have nothing to back that up.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

Not sure too many people are going to divulge too much info here, because they are probably currently buying the stuff they think is "undervalued". I will venture to say that PSA/SGC 8-10 cards are NOT "undervalued", but that is just my opinion.
-Rhett

Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

In the last Mastro auction, they had several lots of PSA 7s, 8s and other mixed grades. In general, they sold for about 40% over SMR (after including the buyer's fee). So it may be too late to get into Goudeys if you are looking to make a quick buck. Unfortunately for me, its too late.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard LLOYD

Regional and food cards are significently under priced and over the last several years Krause(Lemkee) has shifted there prices UP UP!!!.. In many cases these cards are near impossible to find, for the simple fact they were attached to a food products or a give away at a minor league game durning the 1940's-60's.. For example, I am currently in the process of writing an article about Spokane Indians Darigold Farm cards attacked to milk cartons...I found out the volume of milk produced and found that there were only about 2400 cards made of each player ... Now,the number of That cards survived over 40+ years is probably several hundard at most. Tis is just one example of many regional food issues...

If you want to know more about regional food cards I have written an artice about regional food cards for SCD weekly magazine and it should be out any time in June. maybe today??
Best
Dick
PS: Right TS !!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

strip cards have already been making a strong a move. Used to be you could pick up a nice Ruth or Cobb for under $100. Those days are long gone. And Joe Jax under $200 in nice shape is nothing but a pipedream now. They will pretty much be like caramel cards with a snowball effect of slowing building up steam over 3-5 years then getting to the point where it is today. You won't see strip cards command the prices caramel cards do, but they will keep going up for the foreseeable future.

30s caramel cards was an area I used to pick up a lot baragins, but those have pretty much dried up too. There really aren't any segments that aren't scoured for good deals. Hell, even MP&Co cards pulling silly prices and those are the last cards I'd expect to start going up in price.

Jay

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

I always thought there was no way that game cards could catch up with regular baseball cards--after all, they came in PACKS, not singly. But Fan Craze are getting very expensive, and I have never actually held a WG1 in my hands...
Generic cards, although they get a little more expensive every year, SHOULDN'T ever catch up, because they aren't of particluar players...but who'll rush out and buy one?

(E and R Williams game card, 1889, Anson and Ewing; Fan Craze Waddell and Plank; 1884 Lawson's catcher; 1936 (Americam Game?) Waner).

Oh, I just did (R and S Chicago, 1889).

Seriously, off the subject of game cards and generics, does the original poster in this thread think Old Judges, Mayos, Goodwin Champions, Peck and Snyders, Jos. Halls, Just Sos, etc--are CHEAP?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

I've always thought the Tom Barker and National Game cards were a great buy and look great.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

BCD, you had better sell me yours before it is worthless. This is one time I will buy the holder and not the overgraded card!