NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Default Kevin and Jim C.

My recollection is that the last time Jim C. spoke on the subject he said Kevin had NOT actually reviewed any cards for him.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
My recollection is that the last time Jim C. spoke on the subject he said Kevin had NOT actually reviewed any cards for him.
For the record, I have received confirmation from Jim C. that none of his cards were ever reviewed by Kevin.

Last edited by MikeU; 05-13-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Tim

I take the stance on forgers and scammers in our hobby that MLB does with gamblers.

You don't scam anyone or forge baseball cards ever. You don't associate with know scammers or forgers.

This is the cardinal rule and if you break it you lose all credibility and are not given a second chance.

I would never, under any circumstance claim to have stolen from anyone, even my worst enemy.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Jim R

Dan B -I am not really sure what Scott has done to you and I only know some of the history with him and Leon but as far as I know he has not comitted fraud or cheated anyone in a deal. He does write harsh things on his board and he has said enough to be kicked off this board and does that mean he has no integrity?
He may threaten you but not your collection like the Museum-I would say that is no integrity.

My dealings with Scott have all been good and he has added very nice cards to my collection. He is very knowledgable with vintage cards and did help me with my research on the bar Old Mills.
I know many on here don't like him but he is not as bad as he is made out to be. At least not to me.

I guess we disagree on this one but that is part of a chat board
JR
Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Jim

Yes we can agree to disagree on how bad Elkins is. NO good person raises animals to kill each other in the manner of which idiot Elkins did. Sorry, it's never been ok with me. Also, maybe you don't know but Scott bought a card from me on ebay then stopped payment on it after he got the card. I still have the stopped payment check. After about 6 mos, with enough people calling him a thief, he finally reimbursed me. He said he was teaching me a lesson for BCD supposedly ripping him off. I guess that is ok too? Saying on his stupid board that I have sold drugs to children is something I really should press charges on as it is complete fabrication. It's an open and shut case and I am contemplating doing it. I am not sure what I could get though as I hear double wides don't hold good resale value. And the fact he is a deadbeat means there probably isn't enough in a bank account to really go after. I guess those lies are ok too? Really now....if ya' hang around with lunatics long enough people can get the wrong idea. But to each their own. I won't talk about it anymore but when I hear someone saying he's not so bad it sort of makes me puke. He is actually much, much worse than he is made out to be. Take care now...
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Rawn Hill

Ease up on the double wide stuff, I have to live somewhere and I do own the land. I'm kidding of course, I do have a house with no wheels, but the car is on blocks. With you 100% Leon.

Rawn
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rawn

Very honestly it's not the double wide that upsets me at all. Heck, I think if it were out on some land of my own I could almost live in one. I am sure there are good people that live in them too. Elkins isn't one of them.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Jim R

I agree not paying for six months is not good. I have never meet Scott in person and I understand what you are saying. I enjoy 54 and I wont say anymore. My posts will be about vintage cards, unless I find another bad Museum