NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The ball is in your court. What do you think now?
I think the postmark is dated for the same day this thread was started at 8:30 PM. So I think without question the check was mailed before this thread was started. Unless you know of a post office open that late.

So now please tell me what does Al gain by not sending out a lot of common T206 cards. And I can only think that with you keeping this conspiracy going that you, Orlando and perhaps the OP who is sending you scans of the envelope must think he was getting a brown Old Mill card in that lot.

Edited to add: I didn’t include Jake Lieberman because I’m not even sure he knows what he thinks. What law school allowed that guy to graduate???

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 01-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I think the postmark is dated for the same day this thread was started at 8:30 PM. So I think without question the check was mailed before this thread was started. Unless you know of a post office open that late.

So now please tell me what does Al gain by not sending out a lot of common T206 cards. And I can only think that with you keeping this conspiracy going that you, Orlando and perhaps the OP who is sending you scans of the envelope must think he was getting a brown Old Mill card in that lot.
But wait just a minite, Dan. In Al's initial response, he said he mailed out the check on Decemver 29th. When you start off with a lie, everything else gets discredited.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
But wait just a minite, Dan. In Al's initial response, he said he mailed out the check on Decemver 29th. When you start off with a lie, everything else gets discredited.
The check was mailed from a USPS mailbox. Who knows when that mail got picked up. Either way the check was still mailed before this thread was started. Now please tell me what you think happened. What did Al have to gain?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The check was mailed from a USPS mailbox. Who knows when that mail got picked up. Either way the check was still mailed before this thread was started. Now please tell me what you think happened. What did Al have to gain?
I am not seeing the conspiracy either, but just to be OCD about it, don't letters get postmarked at the all hours sort facilities and not the local PO? And in any case people at the local PO work long past when the counter closes. And Dan come on, are we really to add to the chain of crazy events here a letter sitting in a mailbox not picked up for 10 days? I guess anything is possible.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Letter

Most Post Offices do not cancel or date the mail. The mail is sent to a sorting facility. In the case of my former PO (I am now retired), the sorting facility was 120 miles away. If I mail a letter on the 8th, it will be postmarked on on the 9th. In this case, the 7th was a Sunday. I would guess the letter was mailed on Fri the 5th or Sat the 6th in order for it to receive a postmark on the 8th. It is possible that it was mailed and postmarked on the 8th, but not likely.

I wonder what date is on the check?

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Most Post Offices do not cancel or date the mail. The mail is sent to a sorting facility. In the case of my former PO (I am now retired), the sorting facility was 120 miles away. If I mail a letter on the 8th, it will be postmarked on on the 9th. In this case, the 7th was a Sunday. I would guess the letter was mailed on Fri the 5th or Sat the 6th in order for it to receive a postmark on the 8th. It is possible that it was mailed and postmarked on the 8th, but not likely.

Rick
Well just to continue in OCD mode, the check easily could have been backdated so the postmark is more reliable.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post

Rick
In a densely populated area like North Jersey isn't it likely there would be a number of sort facilities in a smaller area, such that there is a reasonable chance a letter mailed on the 8th would get postmarked on the 8th? In any event, it doesn't seem to make sense that a letter mailed on Dec. 29th would not be postmarked until Jan. 8th.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

If no one else is going to say it dammit I will:

AL SHOT JFK!!!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In a densely populated area like North Jersey isn't it likely there would be a number of sort facilities in a smaller area, such that there is a reasonable chance a letter mailed on the 8th would get postmarked on the 8th? In any event, it doesn't seem to make sense that a letter mailed on Dec. 29th would not be postmarked until Jan. 8th.
Hi Peter, you are correct. I'm sure that things are much different in NJ than they are out here in the boonies. Dealing with several larger cities that are located in a small geographical area is much different than dealing with the small towns that are dozens of miles from a large sortation center. I also agree with you about the date on the check.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am not seeing the conspiracy either...
Last night, a board member emailed me a pic - a pic they said would corroborate Al's story. They asked me not to share it publically. Well, I'm a man of integrity and I haven't shared it publically or privately - not even a description of the pic. I kept it totally to myself. Here's the kicker. The pic that was supposed to corroborate Al's story, actually shreds it to pieces.

Post the damn pic and let's end this.

It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?

Again, post the damn pic.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Quote:
Last night, a board member emailed me a pic - a pic they said would corroborate Al's story. They asked me not to share it publically. Well, I'm a man of integrity and I haven't shared it publically or privately - not even a description of the pic. I kept it totally to myself. Here's the kicker. The pic that was supposed to corroborate Al's story, actually shreds it to pieces.

It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?

Tell me in PM exactly how you’re going to “shred” this story. And the only people who find this story odd are you, Orly and Jake. I don’t know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54. So I’m through answering to you if you’re not going to let us in on the conspiracy.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Tell me in PM exactly how you’re going to “shred” this story. And the only people who find this story odd are you, Orly and Jake. I don’t know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54. So I’m through answering to you if you’re not going to let us in on the conspiracy.
I wasnt going to mention your name, but since you basically just admitted that you're the one that sent me the pic, just post it.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I don’t know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54.
Peter Chao says hi.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
I have to agree with David on this one. Al states both are posters here and both innocent so I fail to see any harm in their contribution to this drama. If they have done nothing wrong why not pipe in to set the record straight since it seems every other aspect of this conflict has been put out here.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
I have to agree with David on this one. Al states both are posters here and both innocent so I fail to see any harm in their contribution to this drama. If they have done nothing wrong why not pipe in to set the record straight since it seems every other aspect of this conflict has been put out here.
I honestly wish they would chime in because this is becoming exhausting. I’d still love to know what Al had to gain by keeping a lot of common T206 cards. I honestly believe that David thinks that card graded a PSA 1 was an actual brown OM. Lol.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Steven

Quote:

So who has the pic?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default SlideKelly

Quote:

Edited to add: I didn’t include Jake Lieberman because I’m not even sure he knows what he thinks. What law school allowed that guy to graduate???

Hold up. I posted the scan of the check in the thread. Because that is what I said I would do. If you have something to say about me, at least be right about it.

Frank Horvath

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Dan Bretta

Frank, I apologize, I did not see that you had posted the envelope back upstream where you placed a holder.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:53 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:

If you stamp your own mail at home or office you can manipulate the time pretty easily for backdating etc. Not saying that happened but just general knowledge in those situations when not done at the post office.

Thanks for not including me. Like i stated earlier, sorry for questioning the process early on.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-13-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Closed Thread