NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Everyone: Keep A Good Thought...

for someone who is battling a tough opponent at the most inopportune time:

Mr. C.C. Sabathia has his priorities straight...saving his life and his family relationships carry more heft than even the New York Yankees.

I applaud his bravery and integrity and wish him all the best...

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Rich Nelson

Have to agree with you. He has his priorities right.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:19 AM
qu@n nguy3n

i feel sorry for mr multi-millionaire who abuses in excess...yea yea it's a disease, whatever. this is a guy who even at his absolute peak was always undisciplined.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Classy response, Chad

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 10-06-2015, 09:22 PM
qu@n nguy3n

yea, a guy gets drunk during his work time...encouraging his fellow coworker to take a sip, and i'm the one that needs class. the yankees prolly told him to hit rehab since he wasn't going to be on the playoffs roster anyway.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

By all accounts, he has always been a great guy, unlike so many of the jerks that populate sports these days. I hope he beats whatever his demon is.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
je.sse @rnot

I have to agree with Chad on this one. If he really had his priorities straight he would have sought help in the off season and been there with his teammates trying to win a world series.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:02 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I have to agree with Chad on this one. If he really had his priorities straight he would have sought help in the off season and been there with his teammates trying to win a world series.
Maybe his problems surfaced only recently? Maybe they were under control? Maybe -- probably -- there are things we don't know about. Who here knows enough about his situation to sit in judgment of him?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-08-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:28 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Judging how he pitched this year,,he was helping them by not pitching in the postseason.....
Old 10-08-2015, 01:03 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe his problems surfaced only recently? Maybe they were under control? Maybe -- probably -- there are things we don't know about. Who here knows enough about his situation to sit in judgment of him?
A problem this severe typically doesn't happen over night and has probably been going on for years in various stages. I wish him the best and hope he gets the help he needs. If he did just fall off the wagon again the timing certainly is unfortunate.

However, I feel a professional athlete making millions of dollars per year should be held to a higher standard. It would have shown a lot more integrity and bravery to handle this during the off season. But better late than never.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 10-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:44 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I think it's possible to wish him well and criticize his irresponsibility toward his job and teammates at the same time.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Peter Spaeth

It often takes an extreme situation for an alcoholic or other addict to realize he or she has a problem. That is part of the whole syndrome. I give him credit for stepping forward and would not presume to criticize him.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It often takes an extreme situation for an alcoholic or other addict to realize he or she has a problem. That is part of the whole syndrome. I give him credit for stepping forward and would not presume to criticize him.
Well said - That's exactly what I meant! I'm kind of going through the same thing right now albeit on a much smaller stage...which allows me to be braver than one would expect someone to be on that larger stage.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:07 PM
qu@n nguy3n

imo it's not by his choice to enter rehab 1 day before the playoffs start, i guess that's where my view differ...wasn't some courageous realization or by his choosing. but we'll never know the real truth anyways so not worth it to speculate. you guys can prop him up anyway you want to fit your narrative.