NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default Only certain people can post here

Posted By: Robert

I guess only certain people can post here. I posted about an item yesterday that was not vintage but it is a rare card {Frank Thomas NNOF}so every body could see what that seeler was trying to do but it looks like my post was deleted. I bet if one of you guys would have posted it that it would still be there. I guess I am not in the click.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Your item just wasn't "Vintage."

Anything Non-Vintage gets zapped no matter who posts it.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Administrator

I just wanted people to know what that seller was doing.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris (the illini)

People have posted items about unique ebay sales before that were not related to cards, and if you want to get picky, a post about Barry Bonds passing Rickey Henderson in walks isnt exactly vintage either.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Administrator

So why didn't the Bonds/Henderson one get zapped? But the one where I wanted people to see what a seller was doing did.  

Old 07-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

Robert-

The Frank Thomas card listing you linked to was pulled down by eBay after a few hours, so anyone reading the thread who hadn't seen the listing wouldn't know what was being discussed (a seller trying to avoid paying fees).

Bill

Old 07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Oh I didn't realize it was pulled. Now I can understand why it was zapped. Rob 

Old 07-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: murcerfan

.........it is a "clique"

clicking is what Alice in wonderlanmd does with here heels three times to make threads like this go away.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

of course typing skills and sentence structure is always optional, as per my eloquent post above.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

...typing skills and sentence structure ARE always optional....

Old 07-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

please don't delete this thread!! it's all i have (except for an under-achieving football team that plays in a half-empty stadium that i ruined in front of a bunch of drunk and illiterate fans that hate me and everything i stand for).

Old 07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Wasn't it Dorothy who did the heel-clicking?

Personally, I'm not at all interested in all the eBay-related posts that are about sellers of VINTAGE cards, but I can't even begin to express I how uninterested I am about an ebay seller of Frank Thomas cards.

Yes, I can choose to ignore all of the "Look at this silly ebay auction" and "Look at the shipping fees on that guy" posts, but sometimes I miss legitimate discussions about vintage cards because I think the posts in one of those threads are all relating to some ebay scam that I've read 500 posts about earlier.

I wish we had two standing threads that existed:

1. Buy, Sell, Trade

2. eBay: scams, mislistings, curiosities, spelling mistakes, outrageous shipping fees, bad scans, etc.

That way people could still feel like they're helping newcomers out who might get taken, and everybody else can skip the eBay threads knowing there probably isn't anything they'd be interested in reading.

And deleting posts or threads that point to now-defunct eBay auctions isn't rigid police work, it's forum janitorial work and is appreciated by most of us.

We should thank Bill for doing it, but if nothing else, we're at least showing Elliot we're equal-opportunity complainers and he must realize it was never anything personal we he was attacked. Hopefully Bill realizes the same.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Old 07-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: murcerfan

..I'm going back to Kansas to get my story straight.
click
click
clique

Old 07-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Ruth held it before Henderson; it goes back into vintage times as a contunuum. My 1/2 cent.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Hey Murcerfan what are you stupid, does it matter how click, clique, was spelled? That was not what the post was about. If you have nothing better to do but check peoples spelling I fell bad for you. Oh boy I misspelled your name I was supposed to use a lower case {m}. What a mistake that was. Forgive me next time I will use a lower case {M}. I guess for you it does not matter what the post is about just that the spelling is correct.  You should really get a life. Oh maybe you were an English teacher way back when.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I fully agree with Ryan that it would be helpful to many if there was an ongoing thread on here titled "eBay: scams, mislistings, etc." so that:

i) novices could check with (any willing) experts as to the validity of vintage cards offered for sale on ebay; and

ii) people could list scrupulous sellers (they are not always so obvious as the ones who refuse to guaranty the cards handed down by their grandpappies).

Vintage card prices are a function of demand and supply. Our cards would go up in value if there was more demand. There would be a more demand IMHO if novices did not consistantly get ripped off by ebay scammers and, as a direct result, stop collecting/investing. So it may be in teh best interest of even those who know more than enough to avoid the scams to care about helping others avoid the scams for the sake of the industry. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. What's all this discussion of 1946 Cuban cards - doesn't everyone know that the "war" ended in September of 1945 when Japanese Foreign Minister Mamoru Shigemitsu signed an agreement to surrender abourd the U.S.S. Missouri, thereby defining the parameters of this board, and that cards from 1946 are clearly offlimits? Geez.