NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Default (off-topic) seller claims PSA switched the goods

Posted By: Larry

Ran across this bizarre rambling in a live eBay auction. Seller claims PSA pulled the old switcheroo on him.

"THIS CARD SHOULD BE GRADED A PSA 10 OR A STRONG STRONG STRONG PSA 9. ITS A RESULT OF AN ARGUMENT WITH PSA OVER THEM STEALING MY CARDS AND GIVING ME GARBAGE BACK. I SENT IN A AROD SP FOIL ROOKIE THAT WAS IN GEM MINT CONDITION AND GOT BACK A CARD GRADED A 6 WITH 4 YES 4 BENT CORNERS. I TRIED TO BE NICE ABOUT IT AT FIRST BUT AFTER BEING IGNORED FOR THE FIRST 15 EMAILS I DECIDED TO CONTACT A LAWYER AND HAVE IT SETTLED IN COURT. THEY WERE THEN CALLED BY MY IDIOT LAWYER AND NOTIFIED OF THE PROBLEM AFTER I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TO WAIT UNTILL I GOT ALL MY CARDS BACK. ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS I WAS GIVEN THIS GRADE FOR THE REASON OF PRESSING CHARGES AGAINST THEIR COMPANY. LOOK AT THE ENTIRE CARD. I WILL SEND YOU 5O PICTURES OF IT IF YOU WANT THEM. I GAVE PICTURES OF THE WHOLE CARD IN THE LISTING SO YOU CAN SEE THAT IT IS A GEM MINT OR ATLEAST A VERY STRONG MINT. I HAVE COMPAIRED IT TO 3 OR 4 OTHER RED DIE CUT ARODS ON EBAY AND THIS CARD IS IN BETTER SHAPE BY FAR AND THEY WERE GRADED MINT 9s. IF I DONT GET THE PRICE IM LOOKING FOR ON HERE ILL JUST SEND IT INTO BGS FOR THE PROPER GRADE LIKE I SHOULD HAVE DONE FROM THE BEGINING. PSA THINKS THEY WILL GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO PEOPLE FOR YEARS BUT THEY HAVE MET THIER MATCH. I TAPE RECORDED THE ENTIRE SUBMISSION FROM WHEN I CHOOSE THE CARDS OUT OF MY COLLECTION. TO PUTTING THEM IN THE HOLDERS THAT WERE LABELED, TO FILLING OUT THE FORM, TO PUTTING THEM IN THE BOX AND SEALING IT AND ALL THE WAY TO THE POST OFFICE AND EVEN HANDING IT TO THE LADY TO BE SHIPPED AS SHE TOLD ME NO CAMERAS ARE ALOUD IN THERE. THE AROD FOIL IS ON TAPE AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IT HAS 4 SHARP CORNERS AND IS IN GEM MINT CONDITION. I TAPED THE ENTIRE CARD FRONT BACK BOTTOM TOP SIDES AND EVERY SINGLE INCH OF THE CARD WAS GEM MINT. WE WILL SEE WHAT THE JUDGE THINKS ABOUT THIS. I WILL NOT EXCEPT THEIR PAYOFF EITHER WHICH IM SURE THEY WILL TRY ONCE THEY SEE THE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE. I AM GOING TO BLOW THIS THING UP IN THEIR FACES. IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY PSA PLEASE EMAIL. I WOULD LIKE TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN TO EITHER TESTIFY OR WRITE A LETTER ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE. THANKS. AS FOR THE CARD PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 7 DAYS. REMEMBER I WILL SEND IT INTO BGS FOR THE PROPER GRADE IF I DONT GET THE AMMOUNT OF MONEY IT DESERVES TO BRING.. THANKS."

Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Moss

Too many idiots, not enough bullets

Old 12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

I wish I had an Arod SP rookie.

13057 graded by PSA
9841 graded by BGS
3182 graded by SGC
...and who knows how many by the other companies.

WHAT A CARD!

Edited to add wouldn't it be in this dude's best interest to retain the card that is subject to a potential lawsuit? Argh.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Moss

"I WILL NOT EXCEPT THEIR PAYOFF"

Except? How about Accept?

Are you honestly thinking that this nimrod has a modicum of intelligence enough to retain evidence?

See my above post.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Awesome. Thanks for the morning humor.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Overheard at the PSA grading dept, "Cobb, Wagner, Gehrig, Jackson, Ruth, Anson... Nahhh, those have rounded corners. I know, lets steal one of those shiny Arods'!"

Old 12-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

What I want to know is how do you get PSA to give you a grade of 6 if your card has 4 bent corners????

Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

I found his reference to "NO CAMERAS ALOUD" at the post office thought provoking.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Why would you tape record the entire submission process???

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

MY IDIOT LAWYER AND NOTIFIED OF THE PROBLEM AFTER I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TO WAIT UNTILL I GOT ALL MY CARDS BACK.

This guy seems like a real wacko.

............IMO

Steve

Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

Well the guy does seem off his rocker, but a PSA 10 AROD SP rookie is a sweet card - I don't care how many of them there are graded.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

You scored. You landed a 10 today!

best except it!

BcD