NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Are you crazy, Steve? The "tax and spend Democrats"
My point was the DEMs had a very low, negative image at one point (tax and spend) and one charismatic figure transformed the image of the party. The GOP can do the same thing. So I wouldn't start shoveling dirt on the party of "nearly extinct old white men" just yet.

We could debate the other issues you raised but I suspect neither one would convince the other, so why bother?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
My point was the DEMs had a very low, negative image at one point (tax and spend) and one charismatic figure transformed the image of the party. The GOP can do the same thing. So I wouldn't start shoveling dirt on the party of "nearly extinct old white men" just yet.

We could debate the other issues you raised but I suspect neither one would convince the other, so why bother?
In my personal opinion, I do not like the new blood of Rebublicans out there. Ryan is crazy conservative on social issues, Rubio is very bland but has Hispanic vote, Christie is insanely over the top but I respect his Sandy reactions, and Santorum, who..... Yea.

I may vote for Christie depending on who runs from the left side, but the dems have far more qualified candidates, IMOP
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Here ya go, Chris. A few rock n roll autographs:

The Beatles:

John Lennon:

Bob Dylan:

Rolling Stones:

The Band:

Sam Cooke:

Incredible, David!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks, Scott.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM
mike kilo

yeah, back on topic please....
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 AM

Default m

Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Love the Beatles postcard. That's the sort of item that keeps me buying lottery tickets.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
yeah, back on topic please....
Yep.. Let's get back on topic...

Kid Rock and Mitt Romney signed guitar. Sorry! I had to

Last edited by mschwade; 11-09-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post

Nice door mat!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM

+1
Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post

Love it!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Very sorry indeed...

A little rubbing alcohol can remove those unfortunate scribbles from that plastic.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Can anyone

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone that definetly has real Jerry Garcia Autographs for sale. I do not know a lot about them but have always really wanted one. If you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default My First Post

Hi All,

I have been watching and reading most of the threads for quite a while. Never felt I really had anything to contribute. I have no expertise on many of the signatures that are posted. My knowledge is Olympic signatures and Olympic photography. I buy and sell Olympic signatures and collect photos of American Olympians. I have over 5,000 images of Olympians, being press photos, personal photos, glass plate negatives, negatives and slides. You will also see me mentioned in the Hauls of Shame posting on the Recovery of the Babe Ruth will, both in the article and a long comment at the bottom. That being said I thought I would share a few music signatures now that this off topic topic as gotten back on track.

I am sorry, but I do not know how to put the writing between each image so I am listing the names and then the images.

David Bowie
James Burton - guitar on 'Suzie Q', Elvis Presley's guitar player in the 1970's
Paul Butterfield - legendary leader of self names blues band
The Clash - Joe Strummer and Mick Jones
Miles Davis

I will post some more later this evening.
Cheers,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowie.jpg (87.9 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg burton.jpg (79.4 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg butterfield.jpg (81.9 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg clash.jpg (82.1 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg davis miles.jpg (90.9 KB, 273 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default A Few More Music Signatures

I thought I would add a few more. Going in alphabetical order from the ones previously posted.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Brian Eno
Carole King
George Martin - Beatles Producer
John McLaughlin
Bette Midler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elp.jpg (83.6 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg eno.jpg (82.1 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg king carole.jpg (89.7 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg martin george.jpg (79.2 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg mclaughlin.jpg (84.7 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg midler.jpg (73.2 KB, 257 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Scott

why would someone have Mitt Romney sign a guitar? Kid Rock, at least is sorta in the music business.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default A few more

Steve Miller
Ted Nugent
Robert Palmer
Carl Perkins
Johnny Rotten - Lead singer of the Sex Pistols
Carlos Santana and Tom Coster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miller, steve.jpg (109.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg nugent.jpg (85.0 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg palmer robert.jpg (92.4 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Perkins.jpg (95.6 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg rotten j.jpg (93.5 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg santana - coster.jpg (99.8 KB, 228 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Default bruce

Michael Those are great ! Are those all in some type of history of rock n roll book ? Did you purchase the book that way or obtain the signatures in person.

As for me met Bill Cosby the other day and added these to my non sport collection.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFautosChris View Post
Michael Those are great ! Are those all in some type of history of rock n roll book ? Did you purchase the book that way or obtain the signatures in person.

As for me met Bill Cosby the other day and added these to my non sport collection.

Gotta love those early Cosby albums! They're definitely classics!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
why would someone have Mitt Romney sign a guitar? Kid Rock, at least is sorta in the music business.
Is this any different from having someone who has no connection to the game sign a baseball? I've never much understood that. Why not have them sign an item relevant to their own field or, if nothing appropriate or available, then a photo?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default My Rock Book

Hi Bruce,

I have this book called "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock" published in 1976 and authored by two writers from NME - New Musical Express, the British rock newspaper. Every signature has been obtained in person by me with only two signatures not signed directly in front of me. One person signed on their tour bus, which is their standard way. One person was obtained very early on by a friend that worked for his crew. I never say which two as it is not important as they are both genuine. I started getting it signed in 1979 when I was a poor college student. I brought it to an in store signing for Iggy Pop. His guitar player was was standing there and he was a member of legendary punk band The Damned - Brian James. He was number one. Iggy was number two. There are currently about 450 signatures in the book. There are plenty more I can add. The beauty of the book is not the big names, but all of the lesser known bands that have signed it. Some people I have gotten other items signed over the book but for the last 10 years or so the book has been primary over all other items. I have a database of when and where every person signed it. As I was not thinking about it early on I am missing some dates, but still knew most of the places once I started keeping a log. Would I sell it? Yes, for the right price. It is just an item. The memories are more than the book. 'Things exist whether we own them or not" - Chairman Mao.

The scans for many of them are too large to show (Ramones, Yes, Ten Years After, Genesis, Four Tops, The Jam, Rod Stewart). But here are a few more items.
Carly Simon
Robin Trower
Cher
Gene Clarke - The Byrds deceased
Link Wray - deceased. The day I got it was the only concert he did in the U.S. that year and his last U.S. appearance.
Frank Zappa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simon carly.jpg (82.7 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg trower.jpg (84.0 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg cher.jpg (86.2 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg clarke.jpg (75.6 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg wray.jpg (89.1 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg zappa.jpg (78.2 KB, 309 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
Is this any different from having someone who has no connection to the game sign a baseball? I've never much understood that. Why not have them sign an item relevant to their own field or, if nothing appropriate or available, then a photo?
Hello Mark,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think it is silly to get figure skaters, authors, politicians and other non-baseball personages on baseballs, bats, hockey pucks, golf balls and any other item not related to their field. I have yet to see someone refuse to sign a baseball, but I am sure there are some who do. The philosophy is that it is different, but so many lemmings are doing it that it has become pedestrian. It is also not 'unique'. An overused and misunderstood word. Unique means there is only one of that item ever and at all. Though I have never really signed my name for anyone if I was put in that position I would refuse such items. Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Michael
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Default book

Michael That is great that all the graphs were obtained in person by you. There must be some fantastic stories with that item. Thanks again for showing it to us.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
For a while in the early 1990s I was getting baseballs signed by non-sports people. To me it was a novelty, and they made interesting display pieces. Some of the names I got on baseballs were George Plimpton, Phil Donahue, Maury Povich, Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics), Curtis and Lisa Sliwa... and Rush Limbaugh, who does have some kind of a baseball connection in that he worked in the Kansas City Royals' front office for a while.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Great stuff, Michael, love to see more of it and hear some details of the more memorable encounters.

Or not...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Stories

Hi Adam,

I will try to post a few stories about 'The Book' over the next few days whenI I have a chance to think about them.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Adam,

In the interim you can check out some of my concert photography at www.fanseyeview.net. Click on the portfolios.

Here are a couple of concert photos from 33 years of shooting. I don't keep many on my computer and the few that are are too large.

Joe Strummer - 1981 Clash on Broadway. They did 14 days at Bond's in Times Square. I shot the first two nights.

Kenny Aaronson - Was a member of Stories when "Brother Louie" went to #1. Played with Rick Derringer on 5 albums. Has played/recorded with Bob Dylan, Brian Setzer, Joan Jett and many others. This is him with John Eddie at a small club in Vienna, VA

Tim Bogert - member of Cactus, Vanilla Fudge and Beck, Bogert, Appice. This is him playing at a club in Springfield, VA, where I currently live. This was a Cactus/Vanilla Fudge show so he was with the opener and headliner. Rarely tours due to health problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strummer 1-1.jpg (67.3 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg aaronson2-1.jpg (35.6 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg bogert 2-1.jpg (71.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM

Default my latest Rock autographs

Here is my latest score from Monday concert. 2/3 of Green Day Mike Dirnt and Billy Joe.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Default Doors !

Another great day in Rock N Roll collecting. Legendary Drummer John Densmore of The Doors was in town promoting his new book (The Doors Unhinged). Would recommend checking out the tour if he is in your area. John was very personable and showed up early and stayed late. Signed item for everyone. Ended up with 4 drumsticks 2 DrumHeads 3 Record flats and of course his awesome book.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Don Felder of the Eagles sells his new CD signed through his web site:

Picked up some recently at a vintage paper show:

Or not...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFautosChris View Post

Great Stuff! I've been collecting comedians for a while:

I met Eric Idle in Los Angeles; most nervous I've ever been meeting a celebrity or athlete:

Got this almost 20 years ago at a MADD fundraiser:

Woody Allen endorsed check

Martin Mull. In 1988 Martin Mull stole the show at the Improv. The event was an All-Star Toast to the Improv shown on HBO. On stage were Mull, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Robert Klein, Paul Rodriguez and Richard Lewis. Unlike most comedy shows, the comedians were actually sitting on stools behind whoever was at the mike, which gave the sitting comedians the chance to interfere with whoever was supposed to be speaking, which Williams and Crystal did repeatedly. Martin Mull got up there and quietly, calmly cut every one of the others to shreds with a low-key zinger arsenal. He even had Robin Williams sputtering with nothing to say in response. He hit Robert Klein for that "rehearsed spontaneity" that he is so well known for, embarrassed Paul Rodriguez on using his ethnicity as a fountain of jokes by showing how racist they would be if a white man like Mull told them, and shut Williams down by pointing out how he parlayed his otherwise debilitating mental illnesses into a career. It was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

Desi Arnaz:

Or not...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Rock

Here are some of my music autos:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 172A_JOHN_LENNON.jpg (49.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 173A_GEORGE_HARRISON.jpg (27.7 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 176A_BOB_DYLAN.jpg (59.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg 175A_ELVIS_PRESLEY.jpg (60.0 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg morrison.jpg (19.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg BUDDY_HOLLY_INDEX.jpg (17.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg cash.jpg (44.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg ROY.jpg (48.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg mj_receipt.jpg (40.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg MICJAGGER.jpg (44.7 KB, 275 views)

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Ben, who is the one on the big white page in the middle?

Or not...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Ben, who is the one on the big white page in the middle?
Are you referring to the Elvis Presley?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Did someone say comedy?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Did someone say comedy?

Awesome

Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Richard Simon

My favorite comic of all time. I saw him at the Beacon Theatre in Manhattan a few times and he was hysterical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carlin.jpg (69.4 KB, 251 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Baseball vs Football...one of Carlin's best in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Are you referring to the Elvis Presley?
Yes, I did not know who it was.

Or not...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Graig Kreindler

David,

I said it before and I'll say it again: that W.C. Fields is top notch. For serious.

Graig
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Baseball vs Football...one of Carlin's best in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0
Tough to beat George but no one quite like this fella. Below is my collection contribution.

Since we started with rock..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zXsQ5QBfk

Love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0q4o58pKwA

On Carson...CLASSIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJKg4...F9F559FCD7F85C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg samk.jpg (58.7 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg samk2.jpg (44.7 KB, 401 views)

Last edited by Forever Young; 04-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 PM

Default Lou Gramm

Went for Local Rock and Roll Legend Lou Gramm of Foreigner last night. He has a new book out on his life. Quick and easy event signed my book and 5 albums first time through the line. Handler told me I could get the rest done if I got back in line again and he had no problem finishing off the albums and adding Juke Box hero to one. Great guy and I will be going for him again later this month. All items are up for Sale or Trade.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 PM
randy ruble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Awesome, totally awesome! To meet the Boss and get the signature yourself...I envy you!

I only have a couple of rock n roll items:

very sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Richard Simon

I might have mentioned this before but Johnny Ramone was a baseball autograph collector. He would regularly attend the Armenian Church shows in Manhattan and almost always bought item(s) from me.
I never did ask for his autograph since I was not a fan of punk and he seemed reserved and quiet.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Kenny

Here are a couple of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (8).jpg (33.2 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg photo (9).jpg (30.0 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg photo (10).jpg (38.9 KB, 280 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Default Some of my latest additions

Have scored some pretty good acts this year.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I commissioned a custom card from the Eric Idle autograph, PC sized:

Or not...
Old 11-27-2013, 12:10 PM

I really like that card.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Default more lou gramm

Was able to meet up with local hero Lou Gramm for a few more autographs
All are for sale or trade.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Default natalie cole

The lovely Natalie Cole was gracious enough to sign these 3 records for me after her show yesterday. The white album is for sale for $75 dlvd if interested

Last edited by HOFautosChris; 01-03-2014 at 11:41 AM.