NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Reprint Madness! Now it's Cabinets!

Posted By: Bob Beyerle

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdiamondstars-2008

Seller's listing's say it all.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I've have it with these idiots. I wish ebay would come up with a rule that simply states that if a card cannot be guaranteed (by the seller) to be original then they should only be allowed to sell it in a section that is called REPRINTS (or something similar to that). It's bad enough to see the scans but when the item description states it's being sold as a reprint per ebay rules then that tells me that the ebay rules need to be changed to indicate that the card can only be sold and advertised in a REPRINT section. I know that people will sometimes put non-sports cards in the pre-1930 section but usually the cards are original and not being sold as reprints per ebay rules.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Fred- And I know you love the seller soiling the cards to make them "look old".

Old 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

i just hope his feedback hurts him in the long run. Its just amazing that most buyers have been giving him positive feedback for this junk. When you think it can't get worse, he comes up with new reprints.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Neal

Sick and tired of all the damn Reprints on Ebay!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

I don't see how the w551's are getting a lot of action. A lot of fake w551's on ebay right now.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

I'm sick and tired of ebay reprint threads on this board. (yes, I know I started this one). How many of these will be re-sold 3 years from now as original? ( A bigger threat to long term value than the economy IMO). The real question is WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Do any of us know anyone at ebay with both a first and last name (not "Tiffany in customer service") that we could lodge some sort of formal complaint with, on behalf of the Net54 forum? Collectively we represent a lot of buyers and sellers and dollars to ebay. I've never gotten anything more than a boilerplate non-response from a one-named flunky, but maybe they would listen to us collectively if we reached the right person. Any thoughts?

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Where does this guy get the originals to make these reprints? The Just So Cy Young is owned by Corey and he hasn't given anyone permission to use the image commercially. I think this garbage crosses the line.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am shooting you an email of the contact info of the guy I used to work with up until a few months ago in the ebay fraud dept. There is so much of it I have given up. I wanted to help but at this point it's too overwhelming. Ebay should take some of their millions in new found profit (large fee increases) and invest it in some help. Just getting rid of the reprints and having their own section would of course be a big start......regards

Old 03-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

Ebay has created a section for reprints, but no one is forced to use it. Funny, but if you attempt to list a stamp or coin, you are led to a series of agreements that the item you are selling is real and not a reproduction or fake. Why is this not so in the Sports cards category??

As these continue to be posted, fewer and fewer people will use Ebay for a buying or selling tool as the fakes will outnumber the real items.

Scott

Old 03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

Now I am seeing reprints of Zeenuts, Exhibits and cabinets. So far most are labeled as reprints but that won't last as the items float from hand to hand. Personally, I am about done buying raw Zeenuts on Ebay unless I know the seller.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CoreyRS.hanus

Scott,

That's a good point. Maybe when eBay learns that nobody wants to use them anyone to sell the real ones will they take action to stop the flow of reprints.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Galovich

In the coin industry any coin that is a replica/reprint it has to have stamped on it wording to indicate it's a Copy so the consumer will realize the Gem BU 1804 silver dollar he has is worth a few $$ not Millions of $$

Does anyone here remember Charlie Brooks from Motown?

Back in the 70's he showed up at a card Show in Anaheim with his 33 Goudey reprints
He was selling them as reprints
BUT many veteran collectors were upset as they realized scammers would eventually try to resell them as originals down the road

he was asked why didn't put the word {reprint) on the card to avoid problems as to authenticity

His classic reply was the printer forgot to add that as he requested

But the 2nd printings did have "REPRINT" added to the reverse side of the cards.

But the shysters cleverly tried to erase the "Reprint" from the card

You still see these for sale occasionally