NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Jerk

Bruce- "WE" all think that these boards are the wrong place for your nonsense. Why not post over at the Rush Limbaugh forums?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Bruce- "WE" all think that these boards are the wrong place for your nonsense. Why not post over at the Rush Limbaugh forums?
Does anyone know What Rush collects?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default going against the grain.....again

Well, I was out yesterday when this thread started. I am going to go against the grain here. I think Bruce was within his rights to post the thread and comments he posted. While I don't want to get political, or have the board get political, Keith O is a great collector, regardless of his political views and this is certainly newsworthy stuff in my opinion. I will probably get lambasted for my thoughts on this subject but that is ok. Folks will know how I feel. I feel that as long as it has to do with vintage cards then it can be talked about on the board. I probably wouldn't have even moved this thread but since another moderator did, then so be it. I won't reverse that decision by a colleague.

How freaking stale of a place would this be if the mods were censoring stuff all of the time. How can you know if you disagree with someone, or think they are an idiot , if we don't let them express themselves? "Disagreement" makes the world go around, and there will be a lot of it in this thread, no doubt. If someone thinks this board sucks because this thread is let go, well, that is their right to say that too. In a thread like this I doubt the participants can stay private if they make strong statements, but other than that, I see no big problem with it. As far as Keith making contributions to a political candidate that is between him and his company that he is contracted to work for. I have always had good dealings with him and consider him another fine collector. I have different political views than many of my good friends on the board but that doesn't mean we aren't friends. Friends can disagree with each other and still be civil. I hope that is the way the thread goes. Those are my thoughts as of now but I reserve the right to hear arguments and change my mind if I am persuaded to. best regards

BTW, I do disagree with Bruce's thoughts, I just prefer to let him express them.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Jim VB

What kind of a weak-ass, "I disagree" post is that? Your entire post is missing all the spit, all the fire, all the venom!

You need to take a serious lesson from Bruce. You didn't issue one death wish, one financial collapse wish, or even a wish for failing health!

Against the grain... my ass.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I agree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
What kind of a weak-ass, "I disagree" post is that? Your entire post is missing all the spit, all the fire, all the venom!

You need to take a serious lesson from Bruce. You didn't issue one death wish, one financial collapse wish, or even a wish for failing health!

Against the grain... my ass.

I know...I need to be more of an a-hole. I am working on it though!!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Barry Sloate

I might be more tolerant of Bruce's right wing views if he could at least spell Kalamazoo Bats correctly. I mean, if you own one, you have to spell it right.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 AM
R@y H0lmes

Bruce's post had nothing to do with vintage cards, and any defense of him is flat-out weak. He is basically the playground bully that no-one has the guts to get rid of. I don't know for sure, but I think it possible that KO is a member of this board...non-participating, but at least signed up. So wouldn't Bruce's original post be considered an unprovoked attack on another board member? And even if KO isn't a member, the post was merely an excuse to spew the same crap he is always spewing. Doesn't take a genius (or maybe is does) to see it.

Really. Weak.

Ray Holmes
Old 11-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Rich v@n He$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Does anyone know What Rush collects?
Vicodin.

(sorry - low hanging fruit and this thread has already ...uhhh... been tarnished)
Old 11-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default punishment

I am soliciting private opinions on this situation since I seem to be in a very minor subset on my thoughts on this subject. I have emailed a few of my member/friends privately, already, to get their feedback but am interested in anyone that wants to let me know your feelings on banishment or suspension, pertaining to Bruce starting this thread. I still don't see the severity rising to that level but I have been wrong before. Please email to leonl@flash.net if you would like to give your opinion. I just think this will be a more stale place if we start censoring very much....but what do I know? If we don't let folks hang themselves how will we know what they think?

Thanks to anyone that wants to give your opinion to me...I appreciate the help and insight. best regards
Old 11-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Craig

I say let it ride Leon,
I have to hand it to Bruce; I almost never read this section of the board but this post got me over here.
Good. bad, or ugly Bruce starts entertaining threads.
Personally I thought his post was ironically hilarious on so many levels.
I'm pretty sure Keith would never need to squeeze two nickels out of Bruce. Bruce would also probably be the first one to wet himself if he ever got the chance to see Keith's collection.

BTW I'm also sure Keith probably receives a lot worse, hateful comments than what Bruce said.

Last edited by benchod; 11-07-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Knowing that the groundlings are being solicited to help decide his fate might be punishment enough for Bruce.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Barry Sloate

I'm not going to say publicly whether or not Bruce should be suspended; that's not my call. But I will say that Bruce's sole purpose for linking the news story about Keith was to mock his liberal politics, and to make a political comment of some sort. Although Keith is a major collector and has posted on this board, the only hobby connection Bruce made was he hoped this would cause Keith financial hardship, and in some convoluted thought process, Bruce hoped to be able to buy his collection on the cheap (which of course he wouldn't, since many others would offer far more than he would).

Suspension is up to the moderators, not me. But the thread was not cool.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Jimmy

How about a poll?
That should be fun.