NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Richard Simon

Emmylou Harris, Carlene Carter and John Mellencamp at Forest Hills Stadium in NYC on a hot night July 11.
John really rocked as always.
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room. I turned around to the woman behind me after she was very loudly talking non stop for 10 minutes and I just said "Are you going to talk through the entire show?" That did get her to STFU.
Why do these people spend $100++ to see a show and just yak away??
Half an hour after that two women two rows behind me could not shut up. They scream louder so they can hear themselves yammering away over the music. I said to them "Some of us would like to listen to the music, not listen to you screaming" and they also STFU.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 07-12-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:36 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Amen to what Richard said.

We went to see America at the Alameda County Fair during the Fourth of July weekend, and the 2 idiot ladies in front of us (probably in their later 30's) spent the entire time taking selfies -- we're talking untold numbers of selfies -- and then posting them to facebook and continually checking to see if anyone was posting comments. Not once did I see them even look towards the stage. The light from their phones kept going on and off, on and off. It was stupidly ridiculous how self-centered these d-bags were, so each time they posed for another selfie I got closer to them and put my middle finger right behind their stupid heads and into their pictures. They finally noticed, turned around to 'stare me down,' and I just smiled broadly and laughed at them. So they got up and left and the people around me gave us high fives. Man, that felt good. Watch the goddamn show, people!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Richard Simon

And also another real douche bag stunt,, one clown to my right and two rows in front of us was holding up his cell phone to Facebook live the show to what were probably his two adoring friends. People were screaming at him and he seemed totally oblivious to them. Eventually his arm got tired and he put it down.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-13-2017, 05:29 PM
pete ullman

im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?
They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertain...t-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8
Old 07-14-2017, 06:47 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertain...t-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8
thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:49 AM
pete ullman

As soon as Ray Manzarek died...I regretted never having seem the surviving Doors play...jus to hear the music!!!!
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!
I am not sure either, Pete, or to what lengths they went to to find another singer, but if memory serves, they seemed to pick Adam quite quickly after his American Idol run.

Like I mentioned, he just sounds too soft, unable to reach the high notes, lacks enthusiasm, imo, to be Freddy's replacement.

Maybe I am being too harsh and I'm expecting to hear Freddy in every song, but, imo, Adam has a lot of room for improvement.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room.
This brought back a memory I had forgotten... in the 90's I saw Tori Amos in a theater. It was just her with her piano. I was in the balcony and could hear two girls in floor seats yapping away over the music. Tori stopped playing and said, "hey girls, if you move your conversation to the lobby I promise not to bring my piano out there and bug you". The whole crowd cheered and they STFU for the rest of the show.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Todd

Default Rock Allegiance...

Fun day. Ded, Mastodon, Greta VanFleet, Gojira, 5 Finger Death Punch, In This Moment, Rob Zombie, among others.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantmorecards77 View Post
Fun day. Ded, Mastodon, Greta VanFleet, Gojira, 5 Finger Death Punch, In This Moment, Rob Zombie, among others.
I met the bass player of Mastodon sort of when he was a little kid. His father, Barry Sanders, is a member of my Olympic collectors group and he is also one of the board members of The National. He sets up there every year.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 02-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Todd

Default Good stuff!

That's pretty awesome, Michael!

...Marilyn Manson put on an amazing show in Sayreville, NJ last night (2/16.) Extremely loud and great energy all around.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Jim H

Saw Loverboy last night. Had great seats, first row. During the show the guitarist handed my wife his pick. Two minutes later this guy behind us asked to see it. “It’s autograph” he shouts. I will give you $50 for it? My wife laughed. Are you serious? The guys then says $100. My wife said if it means that much to you you can have it.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:49 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtigers65 View Post
Saw Loverboy last night. Had great seats, first row. During the show the guitarist handed my wife his pick. Two minutes later this guy behind us asked to see it. “It’s autograph” he shouts. I will give you $50 for it? My wife laughed. Are you serious? The guys then says $100. My wife said if it means that much to you you can have it.
Awesome!!! Id have atleast taken a drink!!!