NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM

Default FS: Two signed 1920s Yankee baseballs SOLD!

In order to help finance my 1927 Yankees ball, I've put two signed balls up on eBay:

c.1927 Ruth/Gehrig signed barnstorming ball
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160803089082...84.m1555.l2649

1928 Yankees signed OAL baseball
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160801761324...84.m1555.l2649

Check 'em out!

(PM me if interested--perhaps we can work something out.)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Graig Kreindler

Not for nothing David, but those are some great photos. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous, but I'm always amazed at how bad the images look in eBay auctions, especially for high-priced items like these. Granted, I'm sure many of them are fakes anyway, so the bad photography becomes necessary to fool people. But either way, yours are EXACTLY the way they should be done.

I hope ya get a lot of bites.

Graig
Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

David,

Those are absolutely beautiful. Best of luck with the auctions!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Jon Canfield

David- Did the Ruth/Gehrig sell?

Thx.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post

Thx.
IMO, he wasn't asking enough for the 1928 ball.

Last edited by mschwade; 05-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Christopher Williams

I was curious about this thread, so I removed Mr. Atkatz from my ignore list.

I'm a bit puzzled, Mr. Atkatz. Did you sell the Ruth/Gehrig baseball after Ebay removed it? Evidently that auction was removed by Ebay, this afternoon.

The link to that auction goes to a page that states the auction was removed.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Actually it says removed or no longer available. Sounds like it may have been sold.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Actually it says removed or no longer available. Sounds like it may have been sold.
Mike, Ebay removed it. If a seller cancels their own auction, the auction is still visible. If Ebay removes an auction you get the following:

RG-Removal.jpg
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

That was an ebay removal. Need one of the alphabet boys to give a letter before ebay will let you sell something like that. Ebay sucks.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Christopher Williams

This is what you see if the seller cancels their own auction. As you can see, the auction is still visible. I'm just curious why Mr. Atkatz modified the title to this thread with "Sold."

RG-Removal-3.jpg
Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
That was an ebay removal. Need one of the alphabet boys to give a letter before ebay will let you sell something like that. Ebay sucks.
True - that was an ebay removal.
False- needing an alphabet boy letter to sell that type of item. Was there a letter with the ball?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
This is what you see if the seller cancels their own auction. As you can see, the auction is still visible. I'm just curious why Mr. Atkatz modified the title to this thread with "Sold."
I marked it "SOLD!" because the ball has been sold.
The buyer is fully aware that the auction was removed by eBay. He has been in touch with PSA, and is satisfied the ball is genuine.
He also has my full money-back guarantee.

So, Chris... Mind your own fuc%ing business.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Richard Simon

PT Barnum lives.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
I marked it "SOLD!" because the ball has been sold.
The buyer is fully aware that the auction was removed by eBay. He has been in touch with PSA, and is satisfied the ball is genuine.
He also has my full money-back guarantee.

So, Chris... Mind your own fuc%ing business.
Mr. Atkatz, your pleasant reply is refreshing.

I could give a hoot why it was removed, I was just curious why you commented it was Sold after Ebay removed it. Just curious.

Thank you for your explanation.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
PT Barnum lives.
You can mind your own business, too, schmuck.

I challenge you to find anyone who's ever purchased an autograph from me who was dissatisfied, or who was stuck with a forgery. I stand behind what I sell, as I imagine you do.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Richard Simon

Sounds like 1927 ball redux.
Maybe Jodi should be asked about the ball.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Phil Nap

Quote:
I was curious about this thread, so I removed Mr. Atkatz from my ignore list.

I'm a bit puzzled, Mr. Atkatz. Did you sell the Ruth/Gehrig baseball after Ebay removed it? Evidently that auction was removed by Ebay, this afternoon.

The link to that auction goes to a page that states the auction was removed.
and from another thread

Quote:
Travis, you and I have major differences of opinions when it comes to the hobby, and at this point, we probably don't like each other.

Approximately a month ago I stopped myself from allowing you to bait me into those petty squabbles that we would go back & forth on (the ones that would piss off the other members and I don't blame for being pissed) and I would like to keep it that way. The other two members here that used to bait me, are on my ignore list, so I can no longer see their comments.

So, with all due respect, if I address a certain member with a question, please don't reply to it. I have no idea why you continue to bait me, but I ask that you stop for the sake of the other members.
What a hypocrite!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilNap View Post
and from another thread

What a hypocrite!!!
Phil, in this instance, absolutely!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Phil, in this instance, absolutely!!!!
He's talkin' about you, you moron!

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Richard Simon

Fu--ing, moron, schmuck,,,David, do you kiss your kid(s) with that mouth ?
Name calling has been started here by Mr. David Atkatz.
Anyone surprised he is at that level?
Why would ebay have REMOVED the ball?
Another dud bought by Atkatz?
After ebay pulled the ball did David go to his guru, Jodi?
Don't know but would be interested in the answer.
He says he sold it, after ebay pulled it and uses PSA as his authority to sell it. Works for me .
Never worked for David before but what the heck. He has to pay for that new 1927 ball, which does seem to be good btw.
Night guys, fun as always David.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Do you ever speak in anything but inuendo, Richard?
You don't have the balls--or the evidence--to come right out and accuse me of cheating anyone.
There are Net54 members who asked me about that ball, and I told every one of them that eBay removed it.
Put your money where your mealy-mouth is. Find someone I've cheated. Or attempted to cheat.
Til then, keep your fuc$ing mouth shut.

(Yeah. I started the name-calling. After you and your little lap-dog used your cowardly posts to imply I'm dishonest.)

You truly are an asshole.

(And if Leon wants to ban me for this, so be it.)
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM

I came on this forum to let all know that the centerpiece of my collection was a forgery. In doing so I all but guaranteed that the $16,000 hit would be taken by me. I made sure that anybody interested in a '27 Yankees ball would never be stuck with that one.

I think I've shown my honesty. I don't need shit from assholes like you and your little friend, Richard.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I came on this forum to let all know that the centerpiece of my collection was a forgery. In doing so I all but guaranteed that the $16,000 hit would be taken by me. I made sure that anybody interested in a '27 Yankees ball would never be stuck with that one.

I think I've shown my honesty. I don't need shit from assholes like you and your little friend, Richard.

I hope you guys quit the arguing and you need to be careful with the cursing on the board but I don't see anything to ban anyone for.

Last edited by Leon; 05-17-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
He's talkin' about you, you moron!
I am quite aware of that. That's why I wrote "Phil, in this instance, absolutely."
Old 05-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

David,

I commend you, as did everyone else at the time, for exposing the 1927 ball in your collection as a forgery. Regardless of what one says, I seriously think very few people would have done what you did, and publicly out that ball, especially with the PSA/DNA certification. Most would have passed it on, regardless of what they may have stated on here publicly. I also think it is low to use your honesty in that matter, to attack you. Regardless of what others may state, this hobby of autograph collecting has become a dismal, unenjoyable, cesspool, of thieves, liars, politics, back stabbing, garbage. Even when someone does something right, a lot of people find something negative to say.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
David,

I commend you, as did everyone else at the time, for exposing the 1927 ball in your collection as a forgery. Regardless of what one says, I seriously think very few people would have done what you did, and publicly out that ball, especially with the PSA/DNA certification. Most would have passed it on, regardless of what they may have stated on here publicly. I also think it is low to use your honesty in that matter, to attack you. Regardless of what others may state, this hobby of autograph collecting has become a dismal, unenjoyable, cesspool, of thieves, liars, politics, back stabbing, garbage. Even when someone does something right, a lot of people find something negative to say.
Dave, Mr. Atkatz knows the truth about that ball. Back in August 2011 I was suspicious of David's avatar (photo of the '27 ball). I then asked Mr. Atkatz if he wouldn't mind sending me photos of the ball, which he did.

The moment I received the photos I believed it was not authentic and that I had a feeling who did the signatures as I recognized the work.

It wasn't until we began being testy (during the Prisco incident) with each other that I was throwing Mr. Atkatz hints that his ball was no good. From what I recall, Mr. Atkatz went to a former authenticator and he confirmed to Mr. Atkatz that his "1927" ball was not authentic.

The fact is, it was me who first informed Mr. Atkatz about his '27 Yankees ball. This is not bragging, this is fact.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I hope you guys quit the arguing and you need to be careful with the cursing on the board but I don't see anything to ban anyone for.
Leon - please bear in mind who is cursing and who has turned this conversation vulgar and who is trying to handle this like a normal disagreement. Who is making this personal and making disparaging remarks?
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Do you ever speak in anything but inuendo, Richard?
You don't have the balls--or the evidence--to come right out and accuse me of cheating anyone.
There are Net54 members who asked me about that ball, and I told every one of them that eBay removed it.
Put your money where your mealy-mouth is. Find someone I've cheated. Or attempted to cheat.
Til then, keep your fuc$ing mouth shut.

(Yeah. I started the name-calling. After you and your little lap-dog used your cowardly posts to imply I'm dishonest.)

You truly are an asshole.

(And if Leon wants to ban me for this, so be it.)
The question about the ball was asked on the board by Jon Canfield. You never answered on the board so we don't know of anyone who asked you about that ball privately. No balls to answer Jon Canfield on the board Mr Atkatz?? Wonder why? It is easy to say I did it in private. It is easy to say I never got a letter from Frank Prisco's attorney.
Prisco attorney letter redux= no balls.
We don't know if you told anyone about what actually happened to the ball.
"I did it in private" you say.
Just like you never got an attorney letter from Frank Prisco's attorney.
Typical David, why be surprised. Alleging facts that nobody can prove or disprove except David. And we are expected to believe him?
And how does anyone know what you did with the ball David?
What proof could I have that you sold or did not sell a ball that was removed by ebay.
Your word?
ebay removed the ball. Most people consider that a huge warning sign when it comes to autographs. But did you try to find out anything further about the ball. Did you try to get other opinions? You allegedly left it to the buyer who allegedly went back to PSA about a decade (?) old cert. What did he do, go to the PSA website and type in a cert number?
I have to laugh about David justifying, in part, a sale of a ball because it has a PSA cert. One of the leading attackers of PSA now using their name to defend himself. Hmmm,,, what do they call that ?? Hypocrisy?
Redux a whole lot of stuff.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Not gonna lie, this is better than prime time television....
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 05-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Not gonna lie, this is better than prime time television....
We do try to enhance the Net54 experience for one and all .
--
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
David,

Dave-
Where did anyone say something negative about David exposing the 1927 ball?
I cannot find such a post but correct me if I am wrong.
The focus of this thread is that David says he sold a ball that ebay removed despite the ball having a COA from PSA.
Usually when that happens on ebay there is a serious reason. A very serious reason. PSA certs are almost never removed by ebay. Like I said a very serious reason.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post

Thx.
That was the original question by Mr. Canfield.

Quote:
The question about the ball was asked on the board by Jon Canfield. You never answered on the board so we don't know of anyone who asked you about that ball privately. No balls to answer Jon Canfield on the board Mr Atkatz?? Wonder why?
He changed the title to "FS: Two signed 1920s Yankee baseballs SOLD!" meaning, yes, they sold.. In Public, he told us all.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
That was the original question by Mr. Canfield.

He changed the title to "FS: Two signed 1920s Yankee baseballs SOLD!" meaning, yes, they sold.. In Public, he told us all.
Jon Canfield asked the question after ebay removed the ball.
You can click the link in David's first post and see that the ebay sale was removed by ebay.
I guess Jon clicked that link.
David then added the word SOLD to his post, AFTER the question was asked.
Jon seemingly had the same problem I did with the word SOLD.
Jon, please correct me if I am wrong about that.
ebay removes the ball and all of a sudden it is SOLD?
Ok,let us say it was sold.
He sold one that was removed by ebay.
Better to say SOLD then to say it was removed.
Better to say SOLD then to say removed by ebay and then I sold it.
Saying it was removed by ebay is conceding that the autographs were questionable.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Jon seemingly had the same problem I did with the word SOLD.
How do we know that Jon meant that? Did he "privately" tell you that? He could have been an interested customer wondering if the ball was still available. In your words, did Jon not have the balls to come out and publicly ask David if he sold a ball "that was removed by ebay."

The original question was asked, David changed the title to something that answered the question. I am tired of the agendas.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
How do we know that Jon meant that? Did he "privately" tell you that? He could have been an interested customer wondering if the ball was still available. In your words, did Jon not have the balls to come out and publicly ask David if he sold a ball "that was removed by ebay."

The original question was asked, David changed the title to something that answered the question. I am tired of the agendas.
I don't know what John meant, that is why I am asking him.
Maybe Jon wanted to not embarrass David about it and not bring up removed by ebay
And I will say that perhaps I should have started my first post by asking David "David, you sold a ball after ebay removed it?"
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
I don't know what John meant, that is why I am asking him.
Maybe Jon wanted to not embarrass David about it and not bring up removed by ebay
I was typing my reply before you asked Jon in your edit.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Richard Simon

Your comment made me realize that my post was not totally clear so I appreciate the chance to clarify it.
Thanks Matt.
--
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
The fact is, it was me who first informed Mr. Atkatz about his '27 Yankees ball. This is not bragging, this is fact.
What a crock! (Just like Romney is now "taking a lot of credit (his words) for the auto industry recovery.)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Richard Simon

I guess you asked the authenticator you respect the most about the ball, just for the heck of it.
Nobody here questioned the ball,,, right?
I remember bringing up the ball (before your admission) and was insulted for my comment.
--
Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I guess you asked the authenticator you respect the most about the ball, just for the heck of it.
Nobody here questioned the ball,,, right?
Are you and your little lap-dog joined at the hip? Or is it just that he has his nose so far up your butt you think he's part of you?

You, Richard--not Chris--were the one who "alerted" me. (In your nasty, snide, smarmy way.) Not coming right out and saying it, of course, but just using your sarcastic little bits of innuendo. Something you can always be proud of.

And yes, Jodi is the expert (I wouldn't call him an authenticator; I've never seen him selling CoAs) I respect the most. He, unlike you, has never been bounced out of a court of law, as the judge ruled that you don't posses "sufficient skill, knowledge or experience in the fields in which [you] were asked to render opinions."

I wonder. Did you refund your "expert witness" fee?

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Again unlike you, Richard, I have absolutely nothing to hide. So let's try to clear some of the smoke you've been blowing up everyone's asses.

In 2005 I purchased--for my own collection--a Ruth/Gehrig ball. It came with a full PSA/DNA certificate.
In order to raise cash to pay for the '27 ball, I decided to sell it, and listed it on eBay. I posted large, high-res close-up photos of all sides (as I always do), and, not being a complete idiot, I mentioned it was PSA authenticated, and posted a large photo of the letter.
I received a few offers. One, in particular, was from a would-be buyer in Southern California. I told him his offer was a bit low. He replied, asking me if I had a number in mind, but before I could answer, the auction was pulled. I then replied, and told him what had happened. He was still interested, asked for a scan of the cert, and sent it to PSA. Evidently, he was OK with what they told him, because he purchased the ball. Before doing so, though, he said he was going to bring the ball and CoA to PSA, and if they determined the cert was bogus could he return the ball to me. I assured him he could.

So, yes, I sold the ball after eBay pulled the auction. I answered Jon's question by marking both postings "SOLD."

If anyone feels I did anything dishonest, please get in touch, or feel free to post here. I really would like to know.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Christopher Williams

You, Richard--not Chris--were the one who "alerted" me. (In your nasty, snide, smarmy way.) Not coming right out and saying it, of course, but just using your sarcastic little bits of innuendo. Something you can always be proud of.

The above did occur after I forwarded the photos of your '27 Yankees ball to Richard. I asked Richard's opinion on those autographs. Your '27 Yankees avatar caught my eye back in August 2011. I requested photos from you and you kindly obliged. The moment I viewed them I knew immediately it was not authentic. I asked Richard to look at them and he agreed.

If you do not want to admit that my emails aroused your suspicions about the ball, then Richard's certainly did.

The truth is, if I didn't request photographs of that '27 baseball, that '27 Yankees baseball would still be your avatar and this thread would not exist.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:

The above did occur after I forwarded the photos of your '27 Yankees ball to Richard. I asked Richard's opinion on those autographs. Your '27 Yankees avatar caught my eye back in August 2011. I requested photos from you and you kindly obliged. The moment I viewed them I knew immediately it was not authentic. I asked Richard to look at them and he agreed.

If you do not want to admit that my emails aroused your suspicions about the ball, then Richard's certainly did.

The truth is, if I didn't request photographs of that '27 baseball, that '27 Yankees baseball would still be your avatar and this thread would not exist.
Well, then pat yourself on the back. Oh, wait... that's what you've been doing.

Once Richard confirmed your suspicions, why didn't either of you tell me? There were no emails from you, and Richard didn't drop the first snide little hint until I pissed him off on Halloween. (Could it be because you're both nasty, devious, little pr*cks?)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-18-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

David,

Let me be the first of many to say that Richard and Chris have added a great deal to this site and helped out many people who, otherwise would have wasted hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on forgeries.

They are a major asset to this site and judging by the response you have taken to them in this thread, it looks like they helped you out at one point as well...Now quit being bitter about the past and put this thing to rest.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Brock

I dont want to get involved, but I've been curious about that also. If both of you guys knew it wasn't good, why didn't someone tell David it then. But in stead you kept it from him and made little hints. To me that's bad for the hobby, we're supposed to be helping each other whether we like one another or not. I'd hope if I had a fake item, someone would inform me instead of me still believing it to be good.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Are you and your little lap-dog joined at the hip? Or is it just that he has his nose so far up your butt you think he's part of you?

And yes, Jodi is the expert (I wouldn't call him an authenticator; I've never seen him selling CoAs) I respect the most. He, unlike you, has never been bounced out of a court of law, as the judge ruled that you don't posses "sufficient skill, knowledge or experience in the fields in which [you] were asked to render opinions."

I wonder. Did you refund your "expert witness" fee?

So vulgar David, what a bitter little man you are. Can't you at least stop the vulgarity.
The judge ruled that in the state of Indiana the testimony of a non scientifically trained person could not be admitted as testimony. The defense lawyer should have known this but he did not. Based on Indiana law all the FDE's that we complain about here would have their testimony admitted in court. Strange, I know, but that is the law in that state.
My testimony was accepted in a NY State court, in Nassau County, which does not have the same law as in Indiana.
I guess it does not compare to a survey of students who deemed you to be among the worst professors in the college you were teaching in, but it is something to be considered.
And Jody worked for an authentication company he did not sell his own COA's. They regarded him as an authenticator. And I don't know if he was ever asked to testify in a court case, so we cannot say his testimony was bounced.
And Jodi, sorry to bring you into this again, but maybe you should have asked David not to mention you again, like you asked me. I did try to oblige you but I had to answer the query.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Again unlike you, Richard, I have absolutely nothing to hide. So let's try to clear some of the smoke you've been blowing up everyone's asses.

In 2005 I purchased--for my own collection--a Ruth/Gehrig ball. It came with a full PSA/DNA certificate.
In order to raise cash to pay for the '27 ball, I decided to sell it, and listed it on eBay. I posted large, high-res close-up photos of all sides (as I always do), and, not being a complete idiot, I mentioned it was PSA authenticated, and posted a large photo of the letter.
I received a few offers. One, in particular, was from a would-be buyer in Southern California. I told him his offer was a bit low. He replied, asking me if I had a number in mind, but before I could answer, the auction was pulled. I then replied, and told him what had happened. He was still interested, asked for a scan of the cert, and sent it to PSA. Evidently, he was OK with what they told him, because he purchased the ball. Before doing so, though, he said he was going to bring the ball and CoA to PSA, and if they determined the cert was bogus could he return the ball to me. I assured him he could.

So, yes, I sold the ball after eBay pulled the auction. I answered Jon's question by marking both postings "SOLD."

If anyone feels I did anything dishonest, please get in touch, or feel free to post here. I really would like to know.
And the fact that ebay pulled a PSA certed ball did not raise any alarms with you?,, how interesting, you had a buyer already so why think about it more than was necessary.
And you felt confident that if he brought the ball to PSA that they would get it right? (hmmm,,, who was trumpeting bravos to Peter Nash for his expose of PSA and Babe Ruth balls, could that have been David? yes it could)
WOW!!! talk about a hypocrite.
--
Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Maybe I missed this, and if so I'm sorry, but does anyone know why the ball was pulled by ebay considering it had a PSA cert? I mean, PSA is approved by EBAY, right?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
I dont want to get involved, but I've been curious about that also. If both of you guys knew it wasn't good, why didn't someone tell David it then. But in stead you kept it from him and made little hints. To me that's bad for the hobby, we're supposed to be helping each other whether we like one another or not. I'd hope if I had a fake item, someone would inform me instead of me still believing it to be good.
I inform people who have been helpful and courteous on Net54 if I feel they are showing something that is not authentic.

I have saved a number of Net54 member remarks made about David which would imply that he has not been helpful or courteous.
Thanks Fuddj,,, yours is the highlight of those remarks .
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Maybe I missed this, and if so I'm sorry, but does anyone know why the ball was pulled by ebay considering it had a PSA cert? I mean, PSA is approved by EBAY, right?
There is someone that ebay listens to now, over and above PSA.
I have to maintain that persons anonymity but a PSA cert is no longer a guarantee that your item is untouchable on ebay.
--