NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Default House Cleaner Cleans House

Maid steals sports memorabilia and subsequently sells it on Hunts July 2008 auction. Did anybody here win a photo album or scrapbook from the Amos Strunk collection??? The way things are going, you better be careful what you post on the latest pickup thread.

Bad guys and gals are more collectible savvy then I give them credit for. She went the auction route and seemed to have done real well for herself. Of course, if she would have used Craiglist or eBay, the paper trail would have been harder to trace.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2010/...2330493295.txt

Does the auction house have any responsibility here??? And does anything happen to the stolen items that were purchased by the high bidders?? Heck, what is the name of the maid cleaning service and are they ultimately responsible ???

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 10-05-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 AM

Default Maid a lot of money

I don't think the auction house should be responsible necessarily, but the maid service should.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 AM

Since presumbaly the Auction house had no knowledge of what occured, and they went through the customary protocal for receiving items to be sold, they probably should not be responsible.
Unfortunately, the maid service(as they hired her), would bear responsibility as would an electrical company if their employee did faulty wiring in a home(for example).
So I agree with the above.
The maid bears ultimate responsibility legally, and her employee will likely get sued(as the deeper pocket).

Frank
Old 10-07-2010, 07:59 AM
David Str@@te

This is precisely why I don't mind the dust buildup on top of the DVD player. Yeesh.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Jim D

I was unaware my EX was working as a maid! B*tch give my stuff back!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Since this thread has been bumped, here are more cliff notes:

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2010/...f666857410.txt

Lovely Day...
Old 10-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Wonder how she knew to consign?

Question now is what happens if she is found guilty which means it was stolen collection? Does the buyer have to return it to the auction house who then returns his money? What if the auction house cannot recover money from her?

Says not guilty, does the auction house pursue this anyway since the relatives feel it was stolen(even if she is not proven guilty)? Is this the obligation of the aucton house to maintain their name clean?

What is ethical here? Since we should always be ethical.

Frank
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeadcock View Post
Wonder how she knew to consign?

Question now is what happens if she is found guilty which means it was stolen collection?
Frank
Frank,

You pose the "800 hundred pound gorilla in the room " question better then I ever could. So, what is the precedence that has been established when an auction house unwittingly sells stolen goods? Does the buyer have to legally return the item(s)? It sounds like the right thing to do, but how is he compensated? What if the buyer already sold or traded some of the stuff? Heck, what if the buyer claims it has been lost or stolen by a butler? Didn't we once upon a time, have a bunch of lawyers on this site, or was that only when prewar cards were doing better then the stock market? Barry, during your auction glory days, did this ever happen to you? Can I possibly ask anymore questions before running out of typeface question fonts?????????????

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 10-07-2010 at 08:49 PM.