NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Forum rules especially age requirements- Please read...

With all of our new members on the board I want to mention that it is in everyone's best interest to at least read the rules once. They are easy but are there for a reason. Almost no one reads them but that doesn't mean they aren't in effect. One of the rules I want to highlight is the age requirement for our board. There is NO age requirement to participate but you do need to be 18 yrs or older, or have me get permission from your parent or guardian, to participate on the Buy/Sell/Trade pages. Of course that is because a minor can't enter into a legal contract. Some of the sales over on OUR BST are for large amounts of money and it only makes sense to have this rule. thanks so much.....

Last edited by Leon; 07-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 PM

Whew. I thought you were going to say I was too old to post.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
whew. I thought you were going to say i was too old to post.
lmfao:d:d:d:d
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Whew. I thought you were going to say I was too old to post.
HAHAHAA!!! nice!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So far today 1 teen has had their BST privilege taken away and another has been banned altogether for several registration infractions. Please let me know if there are other minors on the board. They are welcome but, per the rules, they need to have good registration info and permission from their parents or guardian (to me) to be on the BST. These rules are for everyone's safety. If you don't like them then I think you can go to

http://www.sportscardforum.com/forum.php

thanks again
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Frank Wakefield

David, you are too old to post.

Kids should be welcome here. But minors, unwatched, could create problems on the B/S/T...
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Seniors

Leon,

How about senior discounts on B/S/T?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Bruce C@rter

Frank, you might be careful, Leon might decide to ban Alzheimer's patients also.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 PM

To remove both ends of the age spectrum, Net54 can require members have a valid driver's license.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Pup6913

Maybe an 18 and up only age limit for the BST. I know that kinda sucks for them but it would eliminate the issue of legalities
Old 07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Maybe an 18 and up only age limit for the BST. I know that kinda sucks for them but it would eliminate the issue of legalities

Um, Andrew, that HAS been the rule for years. Click on the little icon at top that says Net54 Forum FAQ & Rules. You have to be 18 to use the BST.

Now the good news. Both of our young collectors I mentioned in this thread are getting squared away. One already is and I spoke to his dad so he is back on the BST, with a written assurance from his dad on file. The other one is also in the process of getting his info and registration straight. He should be back on tomorrow. I, as much as anyone, WANT our youngest collectors to be on our board and in our BST areas. I just want to protect our community at the same time. best regards
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM
FredYoung

Leon---

You might want to consider this for a new rule:

Net54 members, regardless of age, who ACT like 13 yr olds when posting or bickering, should be forced to sell their holdings on the BST for 1/2 price!

That would stop all the childish behavior right pronto!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:55 AM
H Murphy

Leon, any chance we see "The Scooter Store" ad banner scrolling the site! Time is flying, seems I was 40 just the other day.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Leon, any chance we see "The Scooter Store" ad banner scrolling the site! Time is flying, seems I was 40 just the other day.
No, but we might get a banner ad for one of those little intercom/emergency buttons to put around our necks, so when we fall we can push it and someone will be on the other end while we say "Help, I have fallen and can't get up" ......

Last edited by Leon; 07-18-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

I vote, only people in their 20s can buy on BST, this way we young folk can get into the collections you gents have been hoarding our whole lives
Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Just a quick update.....vintagerookies51 and chaseseiberlich are the two youngsters that have been in question. Both are no longer on the board and this is a heads up that if you are doing any deals with them be careful. There is conflicting information I have not been able to corroborate yet concerning their registration. At this point I am not positive it was the dad whom I spoke with yesterday. Until more info is obtained they will not be allowed on our board. I did get a brazen, harassing phone call from their area code in MN, which set some red flags off. Some google searches and other social media searches set off some more flags. The harassing phone call came from number 651-398-1101. This kid is trying to convince me his name is my name and is trying to register with my full name as his user id . I believe his name is Cole Hibbard. Everyone should be careful if dealing with these kids ..
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Steven

Yet again, thank you sheriff Leon for making this a safe place to conduct business. Your efforts are very much appreciated and my pp bill reflects the comfortability in completing transactions via this board.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Christopher Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just a quick update.....vintagerookies51 and chaseseiberlich are the two youngsters that have been in question. Both are no longer on the board and this is a heads up that if you are doing any deals with them be careful. There is conflicting information I have not been able to corroborate yet concerning their registration. At this point I am not positive it was the dad whom I spoke with yesterday. Until more info is obtained they will not be allowed on our board. I did get a brazen, harassing phone call from their area code in MN, which set some red flags off. Some google searches and other social media searches set off some more flags. The harassing phone call came from number 651-398-1101. This kid is trying to convince me his name is my name and is trying to register with my full name as his user id . I believe his name is Cole Hibbard. Everyone should be careful if dealing with these kids ..
Thanks for your diligent monitoring of the board, Leon.
I'm very uncomfortable with how my final PM's with "ChaseSieberlich" transpired and I'm now less convinced that he is actually a 14 year old boy. After going back and forth for a few days begging me to sell him the card and finally getting the green light from you, Leon, I finally gave him my address so that his "parents" could write a check. The next PM was him saying that he no longer wants the card which left me with an uncomfortable feeling.

I now regret giving personal information to a new member without getting references first.

--C.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 AM
pete ullman

Leon...I live in area Code 651...lmk if u need someone to let the air out of his bicycle tires!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
qu@n nguy3n

glad i ignored all of chaseseiberlich correspondence after the initial pm. sounded like trouble before even before i knew he was underage.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

These kids are very, very brazen. They are headed for trouble I am afraid. So the kid said his dad's name is tom seiberlich, and a quick google search shows an address of

Tom Seiberlich

Saint Paul, MN 55123-2459 map

I need to find out if this person has a son named Chase and lives at that address. I don't normally put info like this on the board but it really bugs me what these kids are doing. There is no way in the world that this isn't all tied together....after dealing with two kids from MN yesterday and getting the phone call from that MN number etc.....

Last edited by Leon; 07-22-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: got things cleared up
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

If it's their dad, and their residence, why not just ask for a copy of the water or electric bill. It has no sensitive information on it, and if it's truly their residence, and it's truly the guardians name...that bill would have all the correct information, and cover all the basis points
Old 07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
If it's their dad, and their residence, why not just ask for a copy of the water or electric bill. It has no sensitive information on it, and if it's truly their residence, and it's truly the guardians name...that bill would have all the correct information, and cover all the basis points
Of course...I have asked but to no avail. It is very hard to prove, without those or similar documents, who someone is on the internet or the phone. That is why I take the safe route and exit those questionable members from our board until positive ID can be made. Better safe than sorry. AND if we make it a bit difficult and uncomfortable for the kids they will go away and/or learn from it. Not sure if you were here or not Joe but we had someone impersonating Keith O on the old board several years ago. He said things about my daughter that were just filthy and actually criminal. After his dad got a call from the FBI, as it was a federal crime he committed, he didn't harass me or the board anymore.

Last edited by Leon; 07-19-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Oh, I have no problem booting anyone even mildly questionable. As someone who intends to do a fair amount of transacting on these boards, the more comfortable our supreme leader is with people, the more comfortable we all are conducting business via the boards.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Christopher Herman

For those of you who are following this, in the name of full discolsure and further insight, here are my PM exchanges with "ChaseSeiberlich".

As you will read, I tried to politely end the transaction several times and against my own better judgement I continued. I took his words at face value and in the interest of a potential "teaching moment" for a young kid/collector, I unwisely proceeded. I continue to value my membership on this board greatly and look forward to seeing my fellow NET54ers in Baltimore at the National.
-Christopher.

---Quote (Originally by ChaseSeiberlich)---
Has the chase card been sold? If not I am very interested

---Quote (Originally by christopher.herman)---
It's yours if you want it $63 + $3 shipping = $66
--Chris

Sold, I'm only 14 so I don't have a credit card and I can't use my parents, should I sent you the money in the mail?

Welcome to the board. Great to see young collectors here. Just a few suggestions
if you are going to be buying here. It's not the greatest idea to send cash
through the mail and I'm not very comfortable with that plan given your age. A
postal money order is a lot safer for you and the seller. Maybe your parents
could write a check also. If you have a bank account and get your parents'
approval, you may want to open a Paypal account which is the safest way because
you can dispute the purchase if you are dissatisfied. The B/S/T sellers here are
very honest but better safe than sorry. You will also need Paypal if you plan on
buying on ebay as well.
Let me know what you want to do.
Chris.

Thanks, but my parents don't like the idea of me collecting cards so they won't
do anything to help me. If you don't want me to send it thru the mail then I
don't think I can do it. Sorry.
Thanks, chase

No worries. Maybe you could try to educate them on the hobby and show them the seriousness of this site. Perhaps they will find it as fun and rewarding as you do and you could start collecting together. Especially the T206s which are addictive and, in my opinion historically important. I'd be happy to serve as a reference on this board if they wanted to contact me regarding the hobby. Another suggestion would be to introduce yourself on the main page and explain your situation to the members here. I'm sure that they would love to hear from a young collector and you would get great advice on how to proceed. Until then, I have to decline your offer out of respect for your parents. Good luck.

I don't understand why

Because you are 14 and sending a relatively significant amount of cash through the mail to a stranger against your parents' wishes. Out of respect to them and in the name of ethics I cannot be part of such a transaction. I don't know if I can be clearer on this. Like I said, perhaps you might want to post your situation on the main board and see what type of responses you get. Feel free to post this conversation. If the board moderator, Leon, and the other members disagree with my decision not to sell you the card I will send you the T206 Chase for free.
--C.

Greetings Christopher,
This is Chase's Dad, Tom. Chase was going to great lengths last night about me
communicating with you about purchasing the 'Hal Chase' card. It seems as though
he really wants to buy it so i decided that it would be good for him to have a
hobby. How much would it be for him to buy the card?

Thanks,
Tom

At this point I contacted Leon and forwarded him these PM’s so that he could do his usual due diligence, which he did. Thanks again, Leon.

Can I have u call my parents?

Chase,
That is not necessary. As long as you are able to post on the B/S/T forum I
assume that you have been cleared by Leon and your parents. I'd like to give you a break on the T206 Hal Chase. I will let you have it for $50 to welcome you to the board. How would you like to pay?
Chris.

Thank you for understanding. Mail cash payment?

Thats not really a safe plan for you now or in the future. If you plan to buy
more here you should use a postal money order. They only cost $1.15 and you and the seller are protected.

How do i doa postal money order?

At the local post office. This way if the payment gets lost in the mail or the
seller claims that he never got it you will have a receipt and can get your
money back if it is never cashed and you can check if it is cashed by the seller also. Like I said, everyone that I have dealt with here has been honest and trustworthy but a $1.15 is a small amount to pay for insurance and to protect your money.

I will make sure to Do that I'm the future. Thank you for the tip. But for this
one could I just do a mail payment? It would be much less of a hassle

I cannot. Good luck with your collection.
Christopher

How about if I send a check? If it gets lost then I wont lose any money

A check is fine.
$50 is our deal which is well below market value for this card. I am happy to
get you started on your collection and I'm glad we worked out a deal. Do you know much about Hal Chase? If not, look him up. He is perhaps one of the most interesting, talented and ultimately forgotten players of all time.
Please mail the check to:
Christopher B@rtell
XX-XX XXth Place
XXXXXXX, NY XXXXX

Yeah he was a great player. Very underrated because of all the great players he played with and against

My parents agreed to write out a check for me. Im currently at a National
baseball tournament that my team is in, but when i get home tomorrow i will send you the check.

No problem. I’ve already marked the card as sold. Good luck at your tournament.

I'm sorry for the hassle, but I have decided that keeping my money is the best option. I'm really sorry

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards

Last edited by christopher.herman; 07-19-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So "chase" just now tells me in an email that this person making these calls is named Callen Duffy, which does correspond with an email address (which can be made up in about 10 seconds). However, a quick google search will turn up almost anyone alive in some form or fashion. There is no name like that on the internet so I am not a believer (yet). Also, I have seen VintageRookies51 on the FCB board and SGC board, but not for a while. I don't know if these kids are up to no good or not but being skeptical is healthy.Cole Hibbard, Vintagerookies51 is actually on Youtube talking for about 4 minutes about an E107 Young and the voice does sound like the one that called me, though I am not 100% on it. Maybe I am totally wrong about this and will come back and apologize. When these things have happened in the past I was always correct....again, could be wrong, but we will see.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Quote:
These kids are very, very brazen. They are headed for trouble I am afraid. So the kid said his dad's name is tom seiberlich, and a quick google search shows an address of

Tom Seiberlich
3892 N Ridge Drive

I need to find out if this person has a son named Chase and lives at that address. I don't normally put info like this on the board but it really bugs me what these kids are doing. There is no way in the world that this isn't all tied together....after dealing with two kids from MN yesterday and getting the phone call from that MN number etc.....

Thomas J Seiberlich
3892 N Ridge Dr
Eagan, MN 55123-2459

(651) 905-1917
Associated: Rebecca C Seiberlich

Maybe try calling this number...and you could also try talking to Rebecca?

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Chase posted a '68 Mays and '59 Musial FS in the '50s B/S/T section, but no scans or prices. I replied to the thread that he should post scans and prices. He sent me a PM that said, "im looking for 100 dollars a piece. I cant put any scans up here but do you have a cell phone that i could send you the scans?" I didn't reply.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
I vote, only people in their 20s can buy on BST, this way we young folk can get into the collections you gents have been hoarding our whole lives
+1 lol
Old 07-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
"The harassing phone call came from number 651-398-1101."
This number is registered to a "Duffy Callen" in St. Paul, MN
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:

Tom Seiberlich
3892 N Ridge Drive
Leon, I have access to information somewhat, I'm showing that name coming up in Eagan, MN. Do you know Tom's b-day? I would then be able to tell you if it's an exact match. This "Tom" is 12-30-1964
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Cameron Crafton

I am also under the age of 18...I am 16 turning 17 in Nov.

And while I respect and certainly understand the rules, I just wanted to let you know that I have had no complaints against me and always pay for what I order, whether it be on EBay, Amazon, or this forum here. As I said, I respect and understand the rules though.

I also wanted to let everybody know that I did read the rules, mainly to see if there was an age restriction on the actual forum before I signed up...I guess I accidentally missed the part of the rules where it said nobody under the age of 18 is permitted to buy, sale, or trade in the BST area and for that I am sorry.

One final thing...not all minors (people under the age of 18) act like the the two users in question. A lot of us deserve as much respect as some of our elders...in fact I know some elders who act worse than some minors.

That being said however, I understand that the rules, no matter how much I may dislike them, must be followed to keep this forum a safe and fun place for everybody. So no complaints from me. I am jut disappointed in my fellow minors for actin and behaving the way they did. Thanks Leon for putting this out here, and no matter what I will always respect your decisions.

Thanks,
Cameron

Last edited by UOFLfan7; 07-19-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Wow, guess I should read the rest of the postings before I list stuff haha, sorry for duplicates
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Is it possible to change the title of this thread? The young board members in question are engaging in behavior that is at the least against the rules, but could be much worse. I think everyone needs to be alerted of the situation as a lot of people probably aren't following this thread because they think the title doesn't apply to them.

If not then perhaps a separate thread needs to made with these members IDs in the title.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Manny
Banned

It appears the perp lives in some sort of farm house. Very interesting....

Last edited by Leon; 07-22-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: removed for security reasons
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks Cameron...just have your mom or dad email me at leonl@flash.net and say they will take responsibility for you if something happens. It's just that easy. Thanks for your understanding. You seem like one of the good kids. We all want you to be in the hobby with us. take care and happy collecting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 View Post
I am also under the age of 18...I am 16 turning 17 in Nov.

And while I respect and certainly understand the rules, I just wanted to let you know that I have had no complaints against me and always pay for what I order, whether it be on EBay, Amazon, or this forum here. As I said, I respect and understand the rules though.

I also wanted to let everybody know that I did read the rules, mainly to see if there was an age restriction on the actual forum before I signed up...I guess I accidentally missed the part of the rules where it said nobody under the age of 18 is permitted to buy, sale, or trade in the BST area and for that I am sorry.

One final thing...not all minors (people under the age of 18) act like the the two users in question. A lot of us deserve as much respect as some of our elders...in fact I know some elders who act worse than some minors.

That being said however, I understand that the rules, no matter how much I may dislike them, must be followed to keep this forum a safe and fun place for everybody. So no complaints from me. I am jut disappointed in my fellow minors for actin and behaving the way they did. Thanks Leon for putting this out here, and no matter what I will always respect your decisions.

Thanks,
Cameron
Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Cameron Crafton

Quote:
Thanks Cameron...just have your mom or dad email me at leonl@flash.net and say they will take responsibility for you if something happens. It's just that easy. Thanks for your understanding. You seem like one of the good kids. We all want you to be in the hobby with us. take care and happy collecting..
Leon,

I'll have my mom email you when she has free time. It probably won't be untill later tonight or tommorow, as we are going to see my cousins today. Once again, thank you.

Best wishes,
Cameron
Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 PM
pete ullman

No farmhouse...just the suburban paradise that is Eagan!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Farm houses are cool....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home.jpg (76.5 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Leon; 07-19-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
+1, true story haha
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM
David G

Default Farmhouse

Thank goodness someone else commented on the "farmhouse". As someone who grew up on a farm that picture of a house in a suburban development looks like the big city to me!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Rawn Hill

As you may know or may not know, my son who is 14 is a forum member and I will back all of his transaction. No worries, he has a girlfriend and decided to get out of the hobby. HELP all parents of teenagers, it's messing up his little mind.

Shameless plug to bid on his birthday gifts currently up for auction. Baseball travel team is killing me. 78 mph at 14, Hunt's auction, his Stahl cards.

Rawn