NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default Been out of the Loop for long while

Posted By: Jerry

Hello
Was an active collector of Vintage material up to about 7 yrs ago at which time I sold my business and semi-retired and didn't have the disposable income anymore. I managed to hold on to most of my older cards. I was wondering if some of you guys that have the finger on the pulse of the hobby could help me with some current values of some of my better cards. Some that i'm not sure of is
Large Mathewson Silk (Nrmt)
EX/Mt T-204 3 finger brown. i need to get this one graded.
N-173 Keefe nrmt, No creases, sharp corners, gold gilt edge. Really Nice Card
N-173 Ward (Hands behind back) Ex
N-173 $10,000 King Kelly Small corner crease otherwise Excellent
Randall Studio cabinet Harry Wright (1875?)Ex with some back residu from album removal.
I had a N-173 Dogs Head Stovey at one time but sold it to David Bryan many years ago (Too bad), needed the money at the time.
I also have about 10 T-3 HOFers. in ex+ to nrmt with best being Johnson but I need to get them graded, i guess.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Jerry

Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

If you go to ebay and do a search for completed auctions on the T3's you will get a got graep of those prices, quite a few have been up for sale lately, raw and graded. The rest is out of my league but there should be some help out there, wouldn't mind just one of the other cards, great stuff, any scans?

Hope this helps,

Lee

Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

You will be receiving a lot of email with an introduction like that. Congrats, sounds like you have some very nice pieces. Just a couple comments for your consideration.

1) Some of the most enthusiastic collectors hang out here (both posting and lurking). In short, a good audience to obtain information from.

2) On the flip side, beware those that try to suggest selling a large portion of your holdings before you can assess value either here or by researching recent auctions including eBay. Many here seem willing to share already completed research in areas of their specialty which can save you the time and trouble.

3) Grading standards seem to have changed a bit with the advent of "professional" grading companies (SGC, PSA, & GAI). For example, what many used to consider EX may now be considered Good by many. If at all possible, provide pictures/scans to better communicate card condition (front and back).

4) B/S/T forum (Buy / Sell / Trade) link at the top of this page. Our moderator dude, Leon, or someone similar will likely encourage you to share much of the above information there if you decide to sell.

That stated, enjoy sharing your collection and the money it may bring you. I'll close by saying I would personally have an interest in any 19th century Detroit items you may have available (as will a couple of my friends, Joe M., Joe J., Troy K., Keith T., etc.). Looking forward to more details on what you may have.

Regards,
Joe Gonsowski

Old 01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Hi Jerry, welcome back. I believe a Brown in a SGC 80 grade went for about $3553 (not including juice) in a recent Mastro auction. That sounds roughly about the grade your t204 would receive.

As for the n173s.....commons in VG/EX from this set go for around $1500. HOFers are big money. I may be able to help on the t3s depending on which ones you have and the grades.

Take care,
Brian

Old 01-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

The stuff you are describing would be very high ticket items in a major auction. Go to the vintage links page and visit the web sites for mastro, robert edwards, lelands, old judge, and some of the others in the links and see what they have offered in the 19th century arena (most have searchable previous auction links). Or contact some of the auctioneers directly. I suspect that many of the cards you are referencing, if they are as indicated, would fetch well into four figures each, maybe even more if they are really stellar. I urge you to do your homework. 19th century stuff has been on fire for a couple of years now and there are buyers out there with six-figure annual card buying budgets who gobble up old rare cards at prices I cannot begin to fathom.