NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Default OT/ KC Royals a CLASS ACT

Off topic, but deserving of a post. As some know my 15 year old daughter suffered sudden cardia arrest after being featured on the dance cam at Kaufmann stadium on May 23rd this year. She was revived by my great friend and neighbor who she attended the game with as a guest (he is an ICU nurse in KC) and then delivered a life saving shock from AED from stadiumn paramedics. She survived and as a miracle has had pretty much a 100% normal recovery. The Royals have shown very sincere concern throughout the entire ordeal and have gone way above and beyond by inviting us down to a personal lunch, private tour of the facility, and now gave us the All-Star Suite for Sept. 7 game against the Detroit Tigers. They did not stop there......She will be throwing out the first pitch as well as performing "take me out to the ballgame". We are also invited on field for BP for both teams. Coming from a Cardinal fan at heart, and also working as an associate for the Braves, the Royals have won over this Dad's heart with their generousity. They are a true class act and I just wanted all baseball fans to know that.

Thanks
Jason
Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Kenny

Glad to hear she is doing well.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:32 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Most importantly, I'm glad to hear you daughter is well. As the father of a little girl, I can't imagine how gut wrenching that must have been.

That aside, those are pretty amazing perks. Kudos to the Royals and please post some pics of your daughter on the diamond.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Dave_Berg

My hometown comes through!!
Very happy your daughter is fully recovered.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Yes the Royals seem to be making some changes for the better. Getting to know some staff and they are really professional.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:09 AM
Brad Green

I am glad that your daughter is doing well.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

When I originally read about this ordeal my heart sank. I am the father of four, three being girls and I couldn't bear to think of going through such a situation.
I am so glad to hear your daughter is making a full recovery and all of the extra attention from the media and team is just icing on the cake.
Enjoy every minute of your children, but if you can enjoy them included with your love of the game it's even better.
Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 08-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
James Wymer

That is top notch. I am glad to know your daughter is better. Man things are coming up roses for you Jason that is great.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Yes and thanks feeling blessed right now with the second chance at life for her. The baseball stuff is just icing on the cake. Still long road ahead.

Jason
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Bill Gregory

First and most important, Jason, I am thrilled to hear that Mykal has made such an incredible recovery. I hope she lives a long and healthy life, and never has to deal with heart issues again. I know I am not the only member of our forum that was praying for her to get better.

Second, I am quite impressed with all the Royals have done. They are a class organization, indeed. With all the money these teams make, it's so easy to forget that they are run by people with families, too, and they certainly have gone to great lengths here. Thank you for sharing this.

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Barry Arnold

Default jason

i'm so pleased to hear that your daughter is doing so well.
I am also elated to hear that she is getting the royal treatment she deserves!
all the best,
barry
Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Barry Sloate

Wonderful news about your daughter Jason!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Wow Jason, I live here in KC (O.P. actually) and am a longtime die-hard Royals fan. I read all about your daughter when it happened and have wondered how her recovery has gone. Firstly, VERY glad to hear she is doing well!! Secondly, I'm very happy to hear how the Royals have handled it. Mr. K would be proud!

As I recall, it seems your friend that revived her was mentioned as being part of the "K-crew" and the media referred to that person as a girl. Did they kinda mess up the story as to who was the actual hero that helped save her?

Rob M.

Last edited by ramram; 08-08-2013 at 04:08 PM.