NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Default T206 madness....(word game)

Posted By: 1880nonsports

I have started to collect T206 cards along with my 19th century stuff. As I was sorting the cards I have - my list had Criss and Cross next to each other - I got the I've-been-up-too-long-and-no-life idea to see how many pairings or more I could make without repeating any names. I think there were only 4/5 I couldn't wedge in someplace. As the availible choices declined - I took a bit more poetic license but stayed pretty true to my original albeit nuts idea. If I had enough of the cards themselves I'd make a rebus of some sort. I started with ones that made me laugh. Childish perhaps - even crazier to let other people in on it. It was a fun 1/2 hour or so for me happy.gif A few are actually pretty good.

Jack Quinn Johnson happy.gif
Goode Knight Lord
Payne Owen Fromme Chance Hooker
Hart Hunter Groom Chase Bliss
Bender Overall
Dooin Fiene
Foster Parent
Sharpe Wright
Starr Jones Dunn Wagner Downey Bush
Oldring Powers Bell
Rhodes Criss Cross
Young Persons Brain
Smith Tinker Ames Poland Spade Downs Stone Street
Baker Byrne Miller Wheat
Paige Turner
Taylor Kling King happy.gif

getting weaker....

Stark Grey Ball Hall Butler
White Lake Summers
Brown Oakes Plank
Flick Leach Orth Bernhard

Now if only someone was named salad I could put the Georgia peach in...............

Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimi

I thought I had too much time... happy.gif

Groom Persons Bush

-- Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Jimi

Always looking for T222 Fatimas!

Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

"Starr Jones Dunn Wagner Downey Bush"

Looks like a few nights with no sleep after that one...........thanks Henry...

Old 11-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...a little while back, and have it posted on my website. I may add some of the ones above to my site at some point. I think it's great fun!

Don't Tinker With Chance... Ever(s)!

A T206 LOVE STORY

We got married four years ago. I looked Sharp(e) in my Good(e) tuxedo without a single Frill (I had some help from a Ta(y)lor). I was a handsome Groom and she was a beautiful (Mc)Bride. We each invited a Parent and in the end many Persons came. We couldn't decide on a color for the bridesmaids' gowns we tried Brown and Gray, but in the end went with Lavender.

Getting married was a bit like walking the Plank, but it was very exciting. We got married Down(s) by the Bay, in the Man(s)ion near the old Burch and Oak(es) trees but in front of the Bush. You know, just south of the Lake (I think it is called Westlake). The stained glass was beautiful; each Payne had such brilliant detail. There was a light Easterly wind and the wedding Bell chimed all day long. You didn't have to Flick the bugs off you like in most Summers. A Paige walked our rings down the Hall. I got my wife a gigantic Stone. And all the while a musician with a lot of Mer(r)it(t) played "here comes the bride" on her Viola(t).

The priest was a great Speaker. After we received the blessing of the Lord, there was a huge Bender down by the local pub. There was a lot of confusion how to get there some went Criss, others went Cross. Fortunately, the town Marshall was on hand to give people clear directions across the Street and then down the R(h)oad(es). We drove our brand new Car(r).

At the pub there was tons of food, but the best was the corn on the Cobb. We hired the best Baker for our wedding, and he whipped up quite a Batch of cakes, made from the finest Wheat and each with magnificent White icing. We had a wedding Ball, complete with a Butler. But unfortunately it was dark because the electricity was on the Fritz. As a result, the room looked quite Stark, but it was nice that you could see the Star(r)s quite clearly out the window.

Our honeymoon was in Milan. It was a great trip, but there was a delay when we had an emergency stopover in Poland. The Power(s) went out in one of the engines, but everyone was F(e)ine. All in all, marriage has been Bliss.

You don't have to have a great Brain to know that when you find the woman of your dreams you propose right away. Try not to think about the Burns you suffered in past relationships, like the time you tried to date a Hooker. Take a Chance; while there is excitement in the Chase and being a Hunter, finding the one you want to spend the rest of your life with is better than being a Freeman you want a relationship that will last for Ever(s). In the end, it is all about having H(e)art and being willing to stand at the Helm come what may. Be a Knight in shining armor; a King to her queen a regular Mr. (W)Right. Find a woman that will Kling to you for eternity, just hopefully not like a Leach. Don't tolerate any Malarkey. You might need a pick ax and a Spade to find her, but if you Tinker with it just right, you might find the love of your life while you are still Young.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!