NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Then do you discount the newer study suggesting that the very perception that it is a trick renders the strategy ultimately unsuccessful?
We are getting circular here. First, the article I am citing to and provided above is from 2009. That's the latest Morwitz article. I don't think the article you cited was more recent than that. But, in any event, I am talking about partitioned pricing in the auction environment, which is different than in the standard marketplace for the reasons you have already mentioned. Indeed, the fact that you and a substantial number of Net54 members do not believe they are being tricked means that the strategy may actually be working.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
We are getting circular here. First, the article I am citing to and provided above is from 2009. That's the latest Morwitz article. I don't think the article you cited was more recent than that. But, in any event, I am talking about partitioned pricing in the auction environment, which is different than in the standard marketplace for the reasons you have already mentioned. Indeed, the fact that you and a substantial number of Net54 members do not believe they are being tricked means that the strategy may actually be working.
Now that sounds even more circular. In any event we can agree to disagree I guess.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Now that sounds even more circular. In any event we can agree to disagree I guess.
Sure. Horse beaten.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Louie Michaud

Man I can't wait for HA shipments to arrive so we can post, ya know, baseball cards, on this thread
Old 08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Last edited by begsu1013; 08-20-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:09 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Since we been complaining about the shipping charges so much in this thread, figured I would post the package I got from Heritage today. At least we know we're getting $19 worth of packing materials. And yes, that is the only thing I won that was in the package.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 08-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Steven H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Since we been complaining about the shipping charges so much in this thread, figured I would post the package I got from Heritage today. At least we know we're getting $19 worth of packing materials. And yes, that is the only thing I won that was in the package.
DJ

That's pretty funny DJ. Maybe they didn't want someone to know there was a card inside .
Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

maybe it should be called "shipper's premium" for now on.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The original intent of the thread was to announce the end of an auction. I think that train left the depot a while back. You guys can start a thread about anything you want to.....including shipping fees, interest on shipping fees, baseball cards etc......but this thread ran it's course. Thanks again to everyone how bid in the auction. I hope everyone got something they wanted. And I know there were some great buys on great cards. I couldn't be happier than to have the proverbial win-win situation.

ps...and honestly, after a week or more, I am also tired of seeing my name in the limelight so much.

pps, even though I would like to see the thread go to another page I guess if folks must post in this thread....then so be it. I hope it doesn't surpass the Monster number thread....carry on....(and ya'll at least know my feelings on the subject )

Last edited by Leon; 08-21-2015 at 12:13 PM.