NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-16-2015, 04:55 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default Mile High Wins

Upgraded my Magee Sovereign at a reasonable price. I thought a majority of the T206's went for reasonable prices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAGEE FRONT.jpg (9.2 KB, 630 views)
File Type: jpg MAGEE BACK.jpg (9.7 KB, 628 views)

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 10-16-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:11 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Two for me

I haven't won much lately, but was able to re-acquire the exact Lundgren Chicago EPDG I consigned eight months ago:

Also picked up another Indy player/back:
Old 10-16-2015, 07:50 AM
M1ke Ant1$ta

a couple more T206's with different backs for my NY American quest

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates - save $$$
on online purchases including cards on ebay. I have saved over $700 so far which = free cards!

www.ebates.com
Old 10-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Not unhappy with the price, but still got bid up to my high at 4:10 AM EST. Who does that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christy.jpg (10.0 KB, 550 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I thought there were some good deals to be had on several items in this one. I am having some remorse I did not jump in last night on a few. However, there are a group of items on the 'bay that I plan on going all in on in next week and I needed to pool the resources...maybe next time.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 AM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

There really were some great deals! I'm kicking myself for missing out on this auction.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:05 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Not unhappy with the price, but still got bid up to my high at 4:10 AM EST. Who does that?

your price was good ..i was outbid as well at 4 am..but its only 1 am pacific time.

..too bad i just lost that psa 8 1952 mantle that 'only' went to close to 300k.......just kidding..
Old 10-16-2015, 10:17 AM
J1m C0chran

Default Cycle 350's on the Cheap

I have no idea why these individual lots went for cheap, but sure glad they did! I will leave the fronts to your imagination.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CYCLE 350.jpg (78.4 KB, 485 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 01:59 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hound View Post
I haven't won much lately, but was able to re-acquire the exact Lundgren Chicago EPDG I consigned eight months ago:

Also picked up another Indy player/back:
Eric did you purchase it back for less than you sold it for 8 months ago?
Old 10-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Jay Cee

Early Cy Young in uniform! Glad to wake up as the winner of this lot.

Last edited by BeanTown; 06-25-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Larry

Quote:
Who do you think?

Larry
Old 10-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Late bids

Quote:
An unhappy consignor
Old 10-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Jeff R

Default Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Quote:
Sam, great deal on the Matty portrait. I was the under bidder on the Matty dark cap, it was so underpriced, I should of placed another bid. I still ended up with an AB 350 no frame, I've been wanting one for a while to help fill out my back run. I also got my first orbit, I just couldn't pass on the price.

Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 10-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
An unhappy consignor
Sorry Ed, I missed your post. It was unusual, as I feel Mile High usually gets great prices.
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 10-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Luke Lyon

Wow, I totally missed this one. I'm kind of sick to my stomach looking at some of the prices on t206s. I would have gone higher on a decent number of those lots.

Last edited by Luke; 10-16-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:40 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Eric did you purchase it back for less than you sold it for 8 months ago?
Considerably less.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hound View Post
Considerably less.
I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Good for you I guess and bad for anyone looking for increased value/appreciation.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:46 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Burke. Darnit.

Was happy with 7 lots I got, especially with the prices. And even have set up a trade for 1 I needed.....so I'm happy.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Luke Lyon

If you won the O'Leary Sov150 and would like to make a quick 50%, please contact me.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

TTT backed T204. I'll be breaking out the butter knife to take this out of the PSA baggy...

Old 10-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default Re: Late Bids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_cvc View Post
Sorry Ed, I missed your post. It was unusual, as I feel Mile High usually gets great prices.
Hey Jeff, no worries .. kidding on the frustrated consignor quip. I agree, unusual to get bid up that late, but I have seen it. I've gone to bed seemingly late into the game (2am or thereabouts) thinking I was good, no overtime action on the cards I was in the lead on in quite some time - - then wake up to find otherwise.

I know some auctions go well into the next-day morning hours. I recall reading a few on the forum saying they were outbid at 6, 7am the next day! I'm not sure how many auctions allow the overtime to extend that long? I know much depends on bidders of course, size of the auction, compelling nature of what's being offered, continuous bidding throughout the night and resetting the 15 mins clock, etc. I believe a few auctions have trimmed back the potential for all-nighters - limiting resetting of the clock after a certain time, final warnings, things of that nature. That's been discussed many times on the board.

Anyway, some nice cards won/displayed. I picked up an E97 common (which many of that set are) and another card. Only thing that I keep in mind with Mile High is the league-leading 21.5% buyer's commission and higher s/h rates. Nothing extreme, but nickel & diming on top of high commission leaves bad taste (shouldn't be $10+ for 2 cards at less than $200 even w/ins.)
Old 10-17-2015, 02:49 PM
Val Kehl

I won the blank-back T204 (lot #270) for $92 plus the BP for my type collection.

Ed, I hear you re the high s/h handling charges. When I received my Mile High invoice, I felt the shipping charge was too high - so I sent this email to Brian:

"Hi Brian,

Congrats on another successful auction.

I am pleased to have won this card, but I am not pleased with the $10.15 shipping charge. I occasionally sell single, graded cards on eBay, and the cost to ship one regular-size card via First Class Mail is about $6.00, including USPS insurance. A little over a year ago, I won a larger, more expensive card that was in a much larger, heavier slab, and your shipping charge was a reasonable $7.75 - here's the link to that MHC invoice: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This old retiree will be happy if you can see your way clear to charging no more than the same $7.75 for this auction winning.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
Val Kehl
Manassas, VA"

A few hours later, I received a new invoice via email from Mile High which shows a more-reasonable s/h charge of $7.50. This approach doesn't always produce a positive result, but it's worth a try.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Dave Fa*st

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Early Cy Young in uniform! Glad to wake up as the winner of this lot.

Love this Cleveland schedule JC - great pickup.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
I won the blank-back T204 (lot #270) for $92 plus the BP for my type collection.

Ed, I hear you re the high s/h handling charges. When I received my Mile High invoice, I felt the shipping charge was too high - so I sent this email to Brian:

"Hi Brian,

Congrats on another successful auction.

I am pleased to have won this card, but I am not pleased with the $10.15 shipping charge. I occasionally sell single, graded cards on eBay, and the cost to ship one regular-size card via First Class Mail is about $6.00, including USPS insurance. A little over a year ago, I won a larger, more expensive card that was in a much larger, heavier slab, and your shipping charge was a reasonable $7.75 - here's the link to that MHC invoice: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This old retiree will be happy if you can see your way clear to charging no more than the same $7.75 for this auction winning.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
Val Kehl
Manassas, VA"

A few hours later, I received a new invoice via email from Mile High which shows a more-reasonable s/h charge of $7.50. This approach doesn't always produce a positive result, but it's worth a try.
Living in Denver, and my work being under ten minutes from the offices of Mile High, I've become friends with one of the gentlemen there. While I don't know Brian well, I will say he is always very friendly and welcoming. The other folks at Mile High are simply awesome. They always make time to talk cards with me, show me some cool consignments, and basically shoot the shit. Even when I overstay my welcome, they are gracious and share our passion for cardboard. With that said, I don't ever pay for shipping as I pick up my items, but when I feel that welcome and I see how much they care for the hobby and their customers, I don't mind paying a little more buyers premium. Just my two cents.