NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Doug C.

Default Chat room technical difficulties

I've tried to log into the chat the last few days and each time I just get a box that pops up saying "Notice: Wrong Password". I'm already logged in when this message appears, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default question to hosting company

I have a message into our hosting company to see what the problem is. It is a different host than we use for the board. This issue is happening to me also. I will give an update when I get one..Sorry for the issues....
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update

The chat hosting company is actually quite responsive. I got a message back saying they tried and didn't have a problem getting in. I just tried and it said "Wrong Password" again. If anyone else would care to click up there, where it says "0 users in chat" and see if they can get into the chat (user id and password should be the same as the board, I believe, as mine is) then it would help a little. Just let me know if you can get in or not. Just a few folks would be great. That chat function is really neat, once it's working again, if you have never been in there. ..thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
P.hil €lli$

Leon,
I just tried to get in and I can't. It comes up with the "Notice - Wrong Password".

Haven't been able to get into the chat for a few days.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Doug C.

I just tried and still no luck.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks

Thanks guys...I will send the report of issues along....sorry for the inconvenience .....regards
Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default works now?

It works in both Google Chrome and IE8, for me now. Once you go into the chat room it will say wrong password. Just hit the ok button, put in your password, ......and it let me in. Can anyone else check it out and let me know please?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It works in both Google Chrome and IE8, for me now. Once you go into the chat room it will say wrong password. Just hit the ok button, put in your password, ......and it let me in. Can anyone else check it out and let me know please?
I've tried it using IE and Firefox and when I hit the ok button and retype my user id and password I just get the "wrong password" box again.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default one more question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I've tried it using IE and Firefox and when I hit the ok button and retype my user id and password I just get the "wrong password" box again.
Have you tried clearing your cache and opening a new browser, just in case? Are you using an old IE version, or 8? Once you let me know I will report it again...

and just tried again, and it's still working for me

Last edited by Leon; 01-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Doug C.

I normally use Firefox, but I switched to IE (version 8) and still had no luck. I clear my cache, history, cookies, etc every time I log off, so I'm still not sure what's wrong?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
FredYoung

Default Leon---

i just tried & it won't let me in either. I tried your way, but the wrong pw box just keeps popping back up every time!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks again

Thanks again...Fred....I will let the powers that be know what is happening....
Old 01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Doug C.

For what it's worth, I downloaded Google Chrome and it didn't work for me either. I guess I'm 0-3!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

Quote:
For what it's worth, I downloaded Google Chrome and it didn't work for me either. I guess I'm 0-3!
As our quotes are going on the chat side......"you might quit now while you are still behind "

Seriously though....I did send the message that I am the only person able to get in. It would be quite lonely chatting with myself......We'll see what they say. Thanks again for the heads ups.....
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update

The technical folks told me that we need to have our own login and password for the chat room, which I guess I was unaware of? So, what I would suggest is just register on it with the same one you use for the board, login, and that should work....but I guess, they are saying we have to create a new login there (is the issue)....I dunno, but if someone besides me, because I am already able to login to it, would do that and let me know, then that would be great...thanks again
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
David McDonald

Leon: I just tried to register in the chat section. When I entered "kawika" as my username it told me that name was already taken. By me, I guess. I tried again with a different username and was able to successfully register and log on to the chat room.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Leon: I just tried to register in the chat section. When I entered "kawika" as my username it told me that name was already taken. By me, I guess. I tried again with a different username and was able to successfully register and log on to the chat room.
Thanks for the heads up David. I don't know about all of this technology stuff I was just relaying what the tech folks told me. I guess if you have to register and have a new name and/or password, it's not the end of the world. I could have sworn that we didn't have to do that before. As long as it worked I guess it's ok. Once again, thanks for testing it....also, if anyone else wants to give it a whirl and let me know, it would be great. It really is a fairly innovative chat room...maybe not the best in the world but a lot better than the one on the old board, unless you don't like new technology. regards
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Doug C.

I tried to register again and it told me that my user ID was taken. I tried to use my eBay ID and I got the wrong password message. Before it automatically signed you in when you clicked the chat link at the top of the screen so I'm not sure what the deal is.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
After trying a couple different user id's it finally let me log in, but it's going to be a bit confusing to tell who's who if you have to have a separate user ID for the board and the chat room.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM
FredYoung

Default Leon---

We were ALWAYS able to just enter the Chat Room as long as we were logged in on the Main Board---One shouldn't have to create a new name & pw--that's crazy!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default you are right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
We were ALWAYS able to just enter the Chat Room as long as we were logged in on the Main Board---One shouldn't have to create a new name & pw--that's crazy!
As I said I didn't really (personally) know, and you are absolutely correct. It was working fine for almost 2 yrs and then all of the sudden.....not working fine. And by working fine I mean you didn't have to have separate credentials, it was integrated and they were the same. The s/w folks (123flashchat) made a change recently and that is most likely what caused this. That chat room has it's own hosting company, separate from the board, but the login should be seamless. We have let them know and will see what they say. My apologies for the issues.

Last edited by Leon; 01-19-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Doug C.

I'm guessing they changed the software or something. After I made a new user id and was able to log on I noticed they took away the button that allowed you to share pictures. That was a really cool feature since you could share a scan of a card that you had saved on your computer with everyone in the room with one click. Hopefully they can add that back.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default seems to be ok

A few other guys and I were just in the chat room. They told me they thought it was back to normal. I think the hosting company had fixed my login anyway, but let me know if it's not back to normal for anyone. Also, I hope folks will remember it's there and use it...as well as under the "community" tab at top, where photo albums and stuff are. Pictures are super easy to upload and they are permanent and free.....regards
Old 01-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Doug C.

I've been able to log in just fine today, but the insert image button under the "other functions" menu that used to allow you to post pictures saved on your computer into the chat still seems to be missing.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
FredYoung

I just tried---Waltzed right in! No error screen--looks like it's back to normal!

Good job Leon!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I don't use this but...

Quote:
I've been able to log in just fine today, but the insert image button under the "other functions" menu that used to allow you to post pictures saved on your computer into the chat still seems to be missing.
I haven't used this but if it used to be there it still should? I hate it when upgrades go the wrong way . I have reported this issue. They seem to be fairly responsive albeit definitely in some other country (not that there is anything wrong with that). Will keep all informed.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Doug C.

I just tried to log on and not only am I getting the "wrong password" message again, it's showing four different chat rooms and they are all written in Egyptian (seriously!).
Old 01-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just tried to log on and not only am I getting the "wrong password" message again, it's showing four different chat rooms and they are all written in Egyptian (seriously!).
That reminds me: Highest prices paid for PSA 9 or 10 hieroglyphics that I need for my registry set.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
That reminds me: Highest prices paid for PSA 9 or 10 hieroglyphics that I need for my registry set.
Well it let me log on as a guest with a message that said "Welcome to Egypt" and someone named "ijhg" started typing in hieroglyphics. I would have passed along the message, but I couldn't read anything the guy was typing!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well it let me log on as a guest with a message that said "Welcome to Egypt" and someone named "ijhg" started typing in hieroglyphics. I would have passed along the message, but I couldn't read anything the guy was typing!
Please update us after your 3 a.m. meeting with Homeland Security.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Doug is not crazy. Very weird things going down at the Chat Room. Check it out. If you read Arabic so much the better.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Doug C.

I don't know if the chat room has been hacked or what, but it's a little creepy when you log in and get a "Welcome to Egypt" message and a couple guys typing in Arabic. I don't want to end up on a government watch list for trying to go into a baseball card chat room!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yikes

Yikes, I just tried to get in there and I think I might have found out where Bin Laden is hiding. He is in our chat room!!! Actually, I figured these 123chat folks were in some other country by the way their emails to me are. That isn't a big deal but I do think it's kind of creepy seeing Egyptian writing in our chat area. Here is the message I just sent them-

"Hi Aaron
There seems to be someone in the chat area on my board that is writing in Egyptian and freaking out my members. If that continues I will need to throw your software in the trash bucket. Whomever they are says they are logged in as "admin" and I can no longer get into the chat at all. Nothing is working and since ya'll upgraded the software it totally sucks.
Thanks
leon"
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Doug C.

Thanks for looking into it. If Bin Laden is hiding out there I found him first providing the FBI still has a $25 million reward out!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Eric Shaeffer

this really loud arabic soft rock plays too...weird.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default chat room

Why are people in chat room chatting in EGYPTIAN ???
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
David Ros.enberg

The chat is down and locked again showing Arabic or something...
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default we know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
The chat is down and locked again showing Arabic or something...
Thanks for the heads up. We have probably had 6-10 emails with them today, so far. They keep saying either we are messing it up or we are being hacked. Neither is true. The folks hosting it are a bit clueless. We are working with them to get it fixed but I can't give a time frame. I would say a few days or less....then hopefully it won't happen again. I don't have a large amount of confidence in them at this point but we'll see. Still easier to try to get them to fix it than doing something else. Time will tell if we stick with this solution. Sorry for the issues. regards
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
David McDonald

Tunisia and Egypt fallen, protests in Libya, Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq, rumblings in the Net54 chatroom. The clock is ticking, Leon.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Tunisia and Egypt fallen, protests in Libya, Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq, rumblings in the Net54 chatroom. The clock is ticking, Leon.
At this time, it is my honest belief that the folks who have hacked and are currently using our chat room are using it to organize protests in the Middle East.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM
P.hil €lli$

I was in the chat room the other day and there were 2 people in there (names that I didn't recognize)......all of a sudden I got a message that flashed on the chat room that said: "Banned".

I hadn't seen this before. Very strange stuff going on in there lately.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Rich Rockwood

I wasn't able to login - wrong password it said but like others have mentioned their were three arabic names and clicking on them pulled up this site, though you may not want to click on it:

http://shabab-gid3an.yoo7.com/
Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default basically

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
I wasn't able to login - wrong password it said but like others have mentioned their were three arabic names and clicking on them pulled up this site, though you may not want to click on it:

http://shabab-gid3an.yoo7.com/
Google Chrome has a built in translator. Basically they created a Youth Muslim Forum. Nothing earth shaking besides the nuclear melt down they are planning for the whole world. (j/k)

Last edited by Leon; 02-18-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-18-2011, 09:43 AM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
LL, I would drop them like a bad habit. It is not worth your time, energy and money (but thank you). How about replacing it with a FREE Net54 chatroom or another option? The functionality is/was nice but just seems like the juice is not worth the squeeze!
Good suggestion but since I am not the one personally doing the integration I don't want to make that final decision. I will discuss it with my techy guys though. I am not sure there is a really good, free Vbulletin solution for a chat room... but we might indeed have to go back to square one. I don't mind paying for one that is really good....which is what we thought when we picked this one. I have to say though, that their tech support folks get an F for being capable of fixing, and understanding our issue. regards
Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Matt Wieder

The chat should be back working now. If you notice anything else out of the ordinary, please let us know.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
the chat should be back working now. If you notice anything else out of the ordinary, please let us know.
شكرا
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
شكرا
You're welcome.