NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Kyle May

Default MLB Trade Deadline Approaching...

... and it's shaping up to be an interesting one.

As an Indians fan, I'll be watching very closely. Not only could the Tribe add a SP, the AL Central could be in full blown fire sale mode. Tigers (Verlander, JD, etc.), Royals (everyone), and even the Twins (Ervin Santana has been rumored to be on the block).

I'm hoping the Indians make a run at CC Sabathia.

What rumors are you hearing regarding the MLB trade deadline? Who are you hoping your team picks up?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM

I'm hoping someone trades for CC too. The Yankees are in a great position this year to drop some dead weight, although CC has been good last season and this one till he got hurt. Also hoping the Yankees can unload Gardner before he walks. Would be nice to see them pick up another bullpen arm now that Clippard is so unreliable.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm hoping someone trades for CC too. The Yankees are in a great position this year to drop some dead weight, although CC has been good last season and this one till he got hurt. Also hoping the Yankees can unload Gardner before he walks. Would be nice to see them pick up another bullpen arm now that Clippard is so unreliable.
What do you think the Yanks would require for CC? And would they be willing to eat some of that contract?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Being that he's a free agent next year and the season would be more than half over, I don't think they'd be willing to eat any of the contract. If I were the Yankees I'd be looking at a bullpen arm like McAllister.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Being that he's a free agent next year and the season would be more than half over, I don't think they'd be willing to eat any of the contract. If I were the Yankees I'd be looking at a bullpen arm like McAllister.
I'll give you Shaw AND McAllister. I hate them both.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Rob

Giants fire sale!

Hoping Cueto, Pence and Melancon find new homes.

Belt, if we can get something good.

Conflicted on Samardzija.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

The Royals are going to be buyers. Many of us in KC believe the team is in first by the all star game.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I guess I'm just getting older, but it sure seems like the trade deadline date got here a lot quicker this year.

Almost half the 'new' season is already in the rearview mirror.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Giants fire sale!

Hoping Cueto, Pence and Melancon find new homes.

Belt, if we can get something good.

Conflicted on Samardzija.
Where do you think each of them will end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
The Royals are going to be buyers. Many of us in KC believe the team is in first by the all star game.
We'll see about that. I'm surprised at how tight the AL Central is (my damn Indians can't seem to get over the hump), and that KC is still in the hunt. Would they be buyers even with the contract situation this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
I guess I'm just getting older, but it sure seems like the trade deadline date got here a lot quicker this year.

Almost half the 'new' season is already in the rearview mirror.
This year in general is FLYING by.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Kyle,

KC will be buyers even with the contract situation looming with 4 players or more.

However, KC needs to right the ship and take the next 2 games from Detroit.

There will be no playoff team from the Central, only the Division winner.

Who is KC looking at? Jay Bruce and JD Martinez. Bruce was heavily rumored to be coming to KC back in 14 I believe. Another SP, or lights out reliever should be in the mix.

Detroit is in full sell mode. My guess is anyone on that team can be had, excluding Verlander and Fulmer.

Cleveland needs to get pitching figured out, and should buy.

Twins are still young, but need to make a splash in FA with an arm.

Sox are in full rebuild mode, and will sell off Quintana and Frazier.

KC doesn't have much left in the farm system, but there are some nice players there. So they aren't dry yet, but close.

Where is KC's FA going?

Hosmer is sooooooooo gone. He has NOTHING keeping him here. No family, no wife and kids. This guy is single with a couple of girls in each MLB town and then some. KC drafted his replacement this past draft.

Hosmer goes to the Yankees. Greg Bird is injury prone and can't stay on the field. This is an easy flight for Hosmer's family in FL. I suppose EH could go to the Marlins, but they have Bour who has more power, and just as young. So he would have to be traded I guess if that happens. Hosmer's game doesn't translate well to Miami. His numbers would suffer quite a bit. A wild card could be the Rockies. They have a BIG need at 1st.

Escobar is gone too, for different reasons than Hosmer. Escobar is horrible at the plate. Nice glove, but Escobar is one of the worst offensive players in the game. Besides, KC has a replacement in Mondesi.

Moose is the player KC will try hardest to sign. He's getting some roots in KC being married and a new dad. His wife is actively involved in the community. Potential problems though are that Mike and the wife are BOTH from SoCal. So, the Angels are a great fit if KC can't or won't pony up. KC could use Cheslor Cuthbert at third is they lose Moose. It would be KC like to find a retread for 3rd though and 1st as well.

Cain will try to be signed by KC on the cheap. He usually gets hurt and misses 20 or so games a year. Plus he's 31 and I don't believe the money is there for him. Cain bats 3rd in KC lineup, and that's not a typical spot for his style of offense. A more potent offense, and he's batting lower. Cain's married with a couple of kids and lives in Norman, OK. That's an easy drive to KC. Anywhere else, and he's flying home.

The GM, Dayton Moore, has REALLY blown it signing Alex Gordon to a " lifetime " contract. That money could have been used now.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Last edited by KCRfan1; 06-28-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added more stuff!
Old 06-29-2017, 08:22 AM

I don't know how much interest the Yankees would have in Hosmer. Tyler Austin plays first base too and in my opinion it's way too early to give up on Bird.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Kyle May

So the owners are going to respect the fans and go down swinging? That's interesting. Usually a small-market team would trade off their soon-to-be-departing-FAs to retool and restock the farm system. I can definitely respect an owner not giving up on the season and giving the fans competitive baseball!

Jason Vargas was a potential target for the Indians about a month ago, but KC's resurgence and Cleveland's lack of put-away victories have probably taken Vargas off the market, at least to Cleveland. I don't know who we'll get or what we'll do, but this isn't Shapiro's Indians anymore. They'll most likely make a splash or two. We need a SP and BP help. I'd love to see us unload Carlos Santana to a sucker team.

I'm excited to see the Tigers sell everyone off. Same with the Tigers and Quintana/Frazier, although these Frazier-to-the-Red-Sox rumors need to stop.

It's going to be a 3-way battle for the AL Central between the Indians, Twins, and Royals. It's going to be interesting to see who does what.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Hosmer's a free agent after this season. After the Yankees refused to part with prospects last year and over the off season, I can't see why they'd change their mind now. They had said all along they were playing for a play off spot this year so I don't think anything has changed re: trading prospects for a rental.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

As long as KC is close and in the race, they will not move players. If they fall out of contention, they'll move players.

The Yankees have no need to move prospects. I think Hosmer is made for Yankee stadium, and Boras will pitch NY to sign Hosmer as a FA.

It's not boring in KC when it comes to the Royals.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Mets should be sellers, though u never know.....

Duda and bruce should both be dealt. Both having good years both free agents next year.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 07-01-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Al Wright

Not so sure on the Mets being sellers - maybe. But with Matz seeming to have come back pitching well and DeGroom getting straightened out lately maybe they have enough to hang in there for a wild card run. They'll need one of the top three Western teams to go cold, but they have to knock heads against each other and stranger things have happened. They definitely need pen help and I don't know where they might get it. I think, baring the totally unexpected, that Washington is a gone team for the division.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Scott Ti3k

Going to be interesting to see what the Cardinals do after the front office moves.

To be honest I really don't think this is a very good team & I feel like the team has tied their hands a bit with some bad contracts. I really did not like the Dexter Fowler signing at all. Cecil was kind of questionable too. Don't get me started on the $5.5 million we are paying Zach Duke.

I wouldn't mind seeing what they can get for Lance Lynn, Trevor Rosenthal & Seung-Hwan Oh. Also wouldn't mind seeing what they might be able to get for Matt Carpenter.

If Grichuk gets hot and some one makes us a stupid offer for him I would be fine with that too. At this point I think he is what he is as a hitter. A guy that hits the ball a long way when he makes contact but that's a BIG if. We are talking about a guy that averages a sub .300 on base % and 166 Ks per 162 games played.

Wainwright & Fowler both have no trade clauses and pretty big contracts that don't match their production so they are not going anywhere.

It's been a struggle to watch them this year as they play really sloppy defense & are horrible on the base paths. Not a huge Matheny fan either.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Scott,

Your season might be a bit different if Reyes wasn't hurt. Bad defense and poor base running certainly sets a team back.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Scott Ti3k

I think even if Reyes is healthy we are still in the same spot. I don't see them letting him pitch that many innings his rookie year.

And I don't want to seem like I am complaining, I love this team and stick with them through good & bad. Thankfully there has been a lot more good than bad!

At this point I just don't think we have a very good team and I would rather see them re-tool/re-build and give some of the kids a chance. We do have a lot of strong pitching in the minors and a few exciting position players too.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I am a huge fan of Jack Flaherty.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Kyle May

And the first domino falls. Per MLB Trade Rumors...

Cubs Acquire Jose Quintana
By Jeff Todd | July 13, 2017 at 10:27am CDT

In a stunning development, the Cubs have acquired lefty Jose Quintana from the crosstown rival White Sox, per club announcements. Top prospects Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are going in return, with first baseman Matt Rose and infielder Bryant Flete also included in the package.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
And the first domino falls. Per MLB Trade Rumors...

Cubs Acquire Jose Quintana
By Jeff Todd | July 13, 2017 at 10:27am CDT

In a stunning development, the Cubs have acquired lefty Jose Quintana from the crosstown rival White Sox, per club announcements. Top prospects Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are going in return, with first baseman Matt Rose and infielder Bryant Flete also included in the package.
Good trade for both teams. Cubs needed a quality starter right now and the White Sox are building a great farm system. Cubs already have an abundance of young outfielders (Almora, Happ, Schwarber) but Jimenez could be a stud in the not to distant future.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Kyle May

I know the Cubs needed help, but this is two years in a row they have PAID for it. I'm just glad Quintana is out of the Central and American League altogether, as an Indians fan.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Haha I love this Dead Spin headline re: the Reddit users who broke the Jose Quintana trade:

http://deadspin.com/katyperrysbootyh...nta-1796888271
Old 07-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Pretty Funny:

KatyPerrysBootyHole is both the Woodward and the Bernstein of our generation, and wetbutt23 is our Deep Throat.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 07-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

My worst fears for the Royals are happening.

They're 3 or 4 games out of first, and in a serious hunt for the wild card. The mentality for now is, keep the band together for one last run. This team needed to be leading the division by 8 games, or out of it by 8 games. Instead, they're just close enough, but out of reach in my opinion.

KC needs to sell at this point, or risk losing their FA's.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
My worst fears for the Royals are happening.

They're 3 or 4 games out of first, and in a serious hunt for the wild card. The mentality for now is, keep the band together for one last run. This team needed to be leading the division by 8 games, or out of it by 8 games. Instead, they're just close enough, but out of reach in my opinion.

KC needs to sell at this point, or risk losing their FA's.
They need to take a page out of the White Sox book and sell now to start that rebuild. White Sox farm system is STRONG now.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I am on board with that Kyle.

Our farm clubs are not that good....
Old 07-14-2017, 12:14 PM

Pineda goes down today. I hope that means the Yankees promote Chance Adams rather than complete a knee-jerk trade. At least Quintana is off the market. I did not want him.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Pineda goes down today. I hope that means the Yankees promote Chance Adams rather than complete a knee-jerk trade. At least Quintana is off the market. I did not want him.
I am sorry to see Pineda go down.. But my hope is they do go for a knee-jerk reaction and offer my Cardinals some prospects for Lance Lynn!

I am ready for the Cardinals to not be a seller per say, but make some deals that put more focus on the future rather than the now. This is just isn't a very good baseball team this year and I think we burdened with a couple of bad contracts.

I was not a fan of the Fowler signing in the off season as he has shown not to be very durable. He has only played a 140+ games in a season twice. That and he really was not much of a defensive upgrade. Seems like a good guy and a great character guy for the club house though. He is signed at $16,500,000 per year through 2021. I fear this signing is going to end up looking like the Jhonny Peralta deal deal were we got 2 years of solid production but the final 2 years we didn't get squat & gave him the ol' DFA.

Hopefully they can get something for Lynn, Oh & Rosenthal as they all are free agents at the end of the year. If not maybe give Lynn a qualifying offer and see if we can at least end up with a draft pick out of it.

I would have no issues with them dealing some of the veterans (Wainwright, Carpenter, Cecil etc) if we could fleece some desperate contenders GM for some serious hitting prospects. Feel like the team is loaded with Pitching prospects but I really don't see an impact 3-4 hole hitter in the system at this time.

I am hoping we don't part with any of the kids as they have been the lone bright spot so far this season.

Last edited by cardsfan73; 07-14-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

There are rumors the Astros are trying to trade for Jacob de Grom, if the Mets consider this and don't get Springer or Correa in return, Alderson should be fired.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
There are rumors the Astros are trying to trade for Jacob de Grom, if the Mets consider this and don't get Springer or Correa in return, Alderson should be fired.
we would NEVER get coria or springer in return...

BUT the astros have many great players in the minors. Fisher & tucker to just name my 2 favorites
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:31 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
a package built around Kyle Tucker should make you happy, that guy is going to be a star.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 AM
Kyle May

Question for Pirates fans...

Is your organization still interested in moving McCutchen? Would they be interested in trading Cole and McCutchen to my Indians?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 AM

If the Mets could swing a de Grom for Bregman trade I think that would be pretty good for them.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:25 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

KC getting hammered by detroit. 6-0, third inning. My Royals are on their way to 1-3 after the break, yet they believe they're in it. Just wait, KC will hang around just close enough to contend, and miss. We'll be left with NOTHING once Hosmer, Cain, and moose leave. KC needs to pull the trigger and get something. Vargas has great value for now, but another shelling and his value drops badly. Nice, Hosmer just swung for a ball outside and in the dirt.

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

Last edited by KCRfan1; 07-17-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

It appears the oft injured Greg Bird is dealing with an injury AGAIN, and will have ankle surgery.

I expect to see Hosmer in pinstripes in 2018, if not sooner. Cashman loves Bird, but Bird can't stay on the field to make a difference, and !B play for NY has been horrible this season.

No way does Boston trade for Frazier. Deavers is tearing it up, and will be in the show soon. They have to play the kid. He's better than any option the Sox have.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Kyle May

Sounds like Yonder Alonso could be on his way to the Big Apple. Yankees need 1B help, and Alonso would provide that.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

If that's true Kyle, it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being a Yankee and in a major market. Some players can't handle big markets after being in small markets with apathetic fans.

Last edited by KCRfan1; 07-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
If that's true Kyle, it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being a Yankee and in a major market. Some players can't handle big markets after being in small markets with apathetic fans.
The Yankees are also asking on Lucas Duda and Addison Reed.

I'm surprised there aren't more moves happening at this point. I understand some teams are still deciding if they should sell or not, but there are other teams that could use the extra week or 2 to start making a move in the standings.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Kyle May

JD Martinez has been traded to the DBacks.

As an Indians fan, this is like Christmas. Glad he's out of the Central and AL as a whole.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Scott Ti3k

Default Frazier, Robertson & Kahnle to the Yankees..

The White Sox and Yankees have agreed to a blockbuster deal that’ll send Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle to New York in exchange for outfield prospect Blake Rutherford, left-handed pitching prospect Ian Clarkin, outfield prospect Tito Polo and veteran right-hander Tyler Clippard. The White Sox have formally announced the deal.

Thoughts?

The Yankees certainly have one hell of a bullpen!

Last edited by cardsfan73; 07-18-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

The arms are the prize, not Frazier, who will kill more rallies than he starts. NY gave up a ton, and I am not sure it was worth it. Better players could have been had than Frazier, perhaps for less. But we'll never know.

Boston is kinda the winner. Now they can being up Devers, who's better than anyone the BoSox could have traded for.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:12 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
JD Martinez has been traded to the DBacks.

As an Indians fan, this is like Christmas. Glad he's out of the Central and AL as a whole.
That's a nasty lineup in AZ.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 AM

I'm really bummed about the Yankees trading Rutherford. I think he's going to be a star. I guess it's nice they have control over Kahnle and Robertson for a few more years though.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

PACKS,

It's a win now mentality. IMO, this only works if the team wins it all. Anything short, is a bust. I don't see NY winning it all. Other players might have been available without giving up what they did.

Last edited by KCRfan1; 07-19-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:34 AM

My main issue with it is that the deal can't possibly be built around Frazier, he's a half season rental that costs more than Carter, who you cut twice. So that must mean that the Yankees essentially traded MLB's #37 ranked prospect for 2 relief pitchers, one of which they could have signed when they entered free agency but declined to do so.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
The White Sox and Yankees have agreed to a blockbuster deal that’ll send Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle to New York in exchange for outfield prospect Blake Rutherford, left-handed pitching prospect Ian Clarkin, outfield prospect Tito Polo and veteran right-hander Tyler Clippard. The White Sox have formally announced the deal.

Thoughts?

The Yankees certainly have one hell of a bullpen!
What's interesting is that they traded for a 3B to play 1B possibly.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Rick Hahn is kickin ass! The White Sox now have 10 of the top 68 prospects in baseball. Next to go will be Melky.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
I'm really bummed about the Yankees trading Rutherford. I think he's going to be a star. I guess it's nice they have control over Kahnle and Robertson for a few more years though.
The Yankees are a much better team now than they were before the trade. The bull pen is stacked & despite Fraziers low batting avg he is still driving in runs and hitting bombs. Dude is just a year removed from a 40 homer/98 RBI season.

I look at it as them fixing a weakness ( I think they keep him at 3rd, which has not been a productive position for the Yankees recently). Sure Rutherford is a highly touted prospect but you had some depth in the outfield.. With Judge & Clint Frazier you have two young studs. Ellsbury & Gardner give you a nice veteran presence and if Hicks comes back healthy you are still stacked in the outfield. Plus the Yanks will probably sign Bryce Harper in a couple years

If my Cardinals were in the same position the Yankees are in right now and they made this trade I would be thrilled with the deal.