NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sago View Post
http://www.stephenkoschal.com/testimonials.html

Are these quotes taken out of context, made up, very old, or something else?

"I, Michael Frost President and lead authenticator of P.A.A.S. Professional Autograph Authentication Services have known Stephen Koschal for over 20 years. I am proud to have worked with Stephen Koschal for many of those years on autograph studies and autograph authentication. I would consider him as the top autograph expert in the world today. Stephen Koschal's library of autograph exemplars is second to none and I have had the pleasure of using and viewing his autograph exemplar library. Stephen Koschal has written many books and 100's of articles on autograph collecting and autograph reviews and authentication. Stephen Koschal is one of my teachers and mentors when it comes to autograph studies and authentication. I have spent 100's of hours working with Stephen Koschal as well as reviewing his authentication work. I have always found him to be very professional and one of the most honest people I ever met within the autograph industry. In all the years I have known Stephen Koschal and worked with him I can not recall a single item ever being returned or questioned on the basis of authentication.".................................. .................................................. ......................Mike Frost, Florida

"your experience always brings a smile to my face...." Richard Simon, Sports Autograph Expert/Authenticator

Stephen has a vast knowledge in certain fields of autographs including presidents, which I do collect. It is possible that I was thanking him for examining a presidential autograph for me that I was considering as a purchase and made such a comment. I don't specifically recall the comment but it is something I might have said in a thank you to him.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Michael Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Geez, Mike, you roll in here like gangbusters and then you claim (sounding like Todd Mueller) that every forgery with your COA must be an altered or fake PAAS COA.

C'mon, Mike.

Then you play the "Anti-PAAS" game.

You're not an innocent victim here.

When I get home tonight, I will post another autograph with a PAAS COA and you can tell us if the COA has been altered or "faked."
I am not coming in like gangbusters and I am not going to steal any of your glory nor trying take your place as the Net54 Mantle expert. I am sure you probably can find a C.O.A. or two that will be up for debate or deputed. I am far from perfect but I do not believe that any other authentication company out there today does a better or more precise examination. Please remember we authenticate over 1000 pieces a month and 100's of On-line examinations per week. When you find one or 2 items the you may feel uncomfortable with or you may have a difference in opinion with that is a far cry from saying that almost everything P.A.A.S. authenticate is bad. This is just forgers propaganda or a competitor with an agenda. I see they say the same thing on many forger friendly websites said about you, JSA and PSA.

Here are what the rest of the industry says about P.A.A.S.
http://www.paasautographs.com/testimonials.html

Ebay Member id - pro-authentication (1301) 100%

100%
This member's 12 month Feedback ratings
Positives: 83 Negatives: 0

This member's positive Feedback percentage

83 + 0
= 100.0%

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%

Last edited by Michael Frost; 09-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Mike, I depend on the knowledge of a few people when it come to autographs. You would never be one of them. If someone did forge your cert I am sure it was for the intention to insult you. There would be no monetary reason to do it. You went to bed with dogs and woke up with fleas. Now you want to get rid of them. No so easy to do.

Last edited by shelly; 09-17-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Shelly....seriously?

You should be one of the last people on here casting stones against redemption, or trying to better one's public persona. Mr. Frost may or may not have authenticated some questionable items, but you personally sold a lot of forgeries that you knew for a fact were forgeries.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Mike, I depend on the knowledge of a few people when it come to autographs. You would never be one of them. If someone did forge your cert I am sure it was for the intention to insult you. There would be no monetary reason to do it. You went to bed with dogs and woke up with fleas. Now you want to get rid of them. No so easy to do.
So what is a guy that has made mistakes supposed to do (Not saying Mike did, I don't know)? Can they not ever come clean and get another chance by doing the right things? Or does it just take time?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Shelly....seriously?

You should be one of the last people on here casting stones against redemption, or trying to better one's public persona. Mr. Frost may or may not have authenticated some questionable items, but you personally sold a lot of forgeries that you knew for a fact were forgeries.
+100....Although I am somewhat skeptical of Mr. Frost's past...I do respect that he has maintained his composure in this thread and has not turned it into a circus.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Dan Bretta

Good guys and bad guys are hard to discern in the autograph hobby...someone needs to keep a scorecard.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So what is a guy that has made mistakes supposed to do (Not saying Mike did, I don't know)? Can they not ever come clean and get another chance by doing the right things? Or does it just take time?
Isn't he still "authenticating" lol. Everyone knows PAAS is cr*p. Please stop this nonsense. It is EXTREMELY insulting.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Shelly....seriously?

Dave it took me fourteen years to gain respect from most people .. It does not happen overnight. I dont have to be forgiving you dont seem to be. I stated what I thought Of Mike. That is how I feel. It gets a little bit discusting that after fourteen years the only thing that you can attack me with is something that I have admited to and tried my hardest to make up for. I have earned my right to be here and you can stick it if your not happy with it.Same goes for anyone else that feels like Jeff and Dave. Dave like I said I am intitled to my opinion you yours and you are not going to take that from me insults or not.

Last edited by shelly; 09-17-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yes Leon of course he does but not in a day. It takes time.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Michael Frost

Quote:
Dave it took me fourteen years to gain respect from most people .. It does not happen overnight. I dont have to be forgiving you dont seem to be. I stated what I thought Of Mike. That is how I feel. It gets a little bit discusting that after fourteen years the only thing that you can attack me with is something that I have admited to and tried my hardest to make up for. I have earned my right to be here and you can stick it if your not happy with it.Same goes for anyone else that feels like Jeff and Dave. Dave like I said I am intitled to my opinion you yours and you are not going to take that from me insults or not.
I am not here to fight or debate with people who in reality are all on the same side. The insults and accusations can go on forever but as you already know the forgeries eat these things up. All we are doing is giving them ammunition to use against honest dealers and honest autograph authenticators.
I have seen it used and happen over and over again. As we fight among ourselves there are 1000's of Mickey Mantle's, Muhammad Ali's Joe DiMaggio's, Beatles, Madonna's etc. being sold . If you do not need any help here to try to help expose and rid the Internet and auction sites of this garbage that is fine. This infighting and the knocking of JSA, PSA, PAAS and even Global does nothing more then add fire power to the forgers fight. I am not looking for and attention, any promotion, any glory just thought I was coming here to help.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Really Shelly, I don't know how you can tell me to stick it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. BUT, I am surprised that you find it disgusting when someone brings your past up yet it is in the context of you questioning Mr. Frost's (who I have never heard of before this thread) past without provocation. This doesn't make sense to me.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Frost View Post
I am not here to fight or debate with people who in reality are all on the same side. The insults and accusations can go on forever but as you already know the forgeries eat these things up. All we are doing is giving them ammunition to use against honest dealers and honest autograph authenticators.
I have seen it used and happen over and over again. As we fight among ourselves there are 1000's of Mickey Mantle's, Muhammad Ali's Joe DiMaggio's, Beatles, Madonna's etc. being sold . If you do not need any help here to try to help expose and rid the Internet and auction sites of this garbage that is fine. This infighting and the knocking of JSA, PSA, PAAS and even Global does nothing more then add fire power to the forgers fight. I am not looking for and attention, any promotion, any glory just thought I was coming here to help.
Are you equating PASS and Global to PSA and JSA???
Old 09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

[QUOTE=ibuysportsephemera;1185855]Really Shelly, I don't know how you can tell me to stick it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. BUT, I am surprised that you find it disgusting when someone brings your past up yet it is in the context of you questioning Mr. Frost's (who I have never heard of before this thread) past without provocation. This doesn't make sense to me.

Jeff[/QUOTe
You might not of heard about him but I have for a lot of years. If you can only bring up my past then you dont know me either. I am talking about the present with Mr. Frost. Untill they turned on him he was there best friend . My past is mine and I have to live with it which I have done. Mr Frost has to live with what he has done.
I don't find it disguting that you bring up my past. I find it disgusting that you have to use it in an agruement. I said the truth the past has nothing to do with that.

Last edited by shelly; 09-17-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
This infighting and the knocking of JSA, PSA, PAAS and even Global does nothing more then add fire power to the forgers fight.
That's a really nutty statement.

Quote:
I am not looking for and attention, any promotion, any glory just thought I was coming here to help.
It sounded like you came here to air a bunch of dirty laundry because you felt like you had personally gotten a bad deal from these guys. That's fine, but I doubt it's helping anyone here.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Shelly....seriously?

I have a ton of respect for Shelly, Dave.

He paid a heavy price for what he did. Not only that, but Shelly has never never stuck his head in the sand and hid from anyone. He withstood a ton of bashing and has gained the respect of a lot of people and he is still here.

Shelly also possesses a ton of wealth and knowledge of the hobby and he shares that knowledge with the hobby.

Shelly also gained a ton of respect from a few in the FBI.

You can bash Shelly all you want, but he's not going anywhere and I'm proud to call him my friend.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-17-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:31 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

With all of the bad grammar and dozens of spelling errors in this thread, I am surprised that any of these people can authenticate anything. Shouldn't the basic ability to spell be a prerequisite for becoming an authenticator of autographs?

This discussion is going nowhere, as long as these people continue with their mindless backbiting and blind defense of their own personal agendas. The Autograph Forum has become the virtual mosh pit of Net54. I cannot fathom why any new collectors would choose to enter into this arena.... Very bad for the hobby, IMHO.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

He paid a heavy price for what he did. Not only that, but Shelly has never never stuck is head in the stand and hid from anyone. He withstood a ton of bashing and has gained the respect of a lot of people and he is still here.

Shelly also possesses a ton of wealth and knowledge of the hobby and he shares that knowledge with the hobby.

You can bash Shelly all you want, but he's not going anywhere and I'm proud to call him my friend.
+1
Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:

He paid a heavy price for what he did. Not only that, but Shelly has never never stuck is head in the stand and hid from anyone. He withstood a ton of bashing and has gained the respect of a lot of people and he is still here.

+++++
And, he made restitution for the bad items which he sold.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
The Autograph Forum has become the virtual mosh pit of Net54. I cannot fathom why any new collectors would choose to enter into this arena.... Very bad for the hobby, IMHO.
We need to work toward a better mosh pit.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
We need to work toward a better mosh pit.

Infinitely better!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
With all of the bad grammar and dozens of spelling errors in this thread, I am surprised that any of these people can authenticate anything. Shouldn't the basic ability to spell be a prerequisite for becoming an authenticator of autographs?

This discussion is going nowhere, as long as these people continue with their mindless backbiting and blind defense of their own personal agendas. The Autograph Forum has become the virtual mosh pit of Net54. I cannot fathom why any new collectors would choose to enter into this arena.... Very bad for the hobby, IMHO.
I take it yours is poor spelling.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Quote:
i have a ton of respect for shelly, dave.

He paid a heavy price for what he did. Not only that, but shelly has never never stuck his head in the stand and hid from anyone. He withstood a ton of bashing and has gained the respect of a lot of people and he is still here.

Shelly also gained a ton of respect from a few in the fbi.

You can bash shelly all you want, but he's not going anywhere and i'm proud to call him my friend.
+100
Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

[quote=shelly;1185982]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Really Shelly, I don't know how you can tell me to stick it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. BUT, I am surprised that you find it disgusting when someone brings your past up yet it is in the context of you questioning Mr. Frost's (who I have never heard of before this thread) past without provocation. This doesn't make sense to me.

Jeff[/QUOTe
You might not of heard about him but I have for a lot of years. If you can only bring up my past then you dont know me either. I am talking about the present with Mr. Frost. Untill they turned on him he was there best friend . My past is mine and I have to live with it which I have done. Mr Frost has to live with what he has done.
I don't find it disguting that you bring up my past. I find it disgusting that you have to use it in an agruement. I said the truth the past has nothing to do with that.
Shelly, I have no beef with you, Dave or Mike (or anyone else on Net54). I certainly didn't bring up your past either. I do believe that "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and will leave the discussion at that.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Christopher Williams

Mike, below is a PAAS COA that I have in my files.

Is this a legitimate PAAS COA or not?

Frost-Ruth-2.jpg
Old 09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Steve Zarelli

Over the past few months I have come to know Shelly and consider him a friend. Clearly he made some serious mistakes in the past, but he has paid his dues to society and is the first to admit past mistakes. In the more recent past he has done a lot of "behind the scenes" work to combat fraud in the hobby. In my opinion, it is unfair to throw his past in his face to impugn his credibility.

By all accounts Mike Frost has made some missteps as well, and it looks like he is trying to make amends. I give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the best of luck. It may be a journey, but if he stays on a righteous path, he can do it.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing - fraud rooted out, forgers and their distributors put out of business and a healthy hobby for the next generation.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
By all accounts Mike Frost has made some missteps as well, and it looks like he is trying to make amends. I give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the best of luck. It may be a journey, but if he stays on a righteous path, he can do it.
He has a long way to go, but his actions will speak louder than words.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Belltown Vintage

[QUOTE=ibuysportsephemera;1186101]
Quote:

Shelly, I have no beef with you, Dave or Mike (or anyone else on Net54). I certainly didn't bring up your past either. I do believe that "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and will leave the discussion at that.

Jeff
Jeff, Shelly isn't in a 'glass house'. His house is well-defined, and has been for many years. Throw out another metaphor and we'll see if it sticks.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

[quote=Runscott;1186128]
Quote:

Jeff, Shelly isn't in a 'glass house'. His house is well-defined, and has been for many years. Throw out another metaphor and we'll see if it sticks.
Scott, I don't have to answer to you or anyone else. This is between Shelly and I and I have tried to end it. I call it like I see it. I try to act like a gentleman and hope others do as well. I voiced my opinion and I don't need Shelly to tell me to stick it because I happen to agree with another poster. I don't know most of you personally, but I can see where people defend their friends whether they are right or wrong. All I said was that Mr. Frost has handled himself better then most under extreme criticism even though I am skeptical of his motivations for being here.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

Scott, I don't have to answer to you or anyone else. This is between Shelly and I and I have tried to end it. I call it like I see it. I try to act like a gentleman and hope others do as well. I voiced my opinion and I don't need Shelly to tell me to stick it because I happen to agree with another poster. I don't know most of you personally, but I can see where people defend their friends whether they are right or wrong. All I said was that Mr. Frost has handled himself better then most under extreme criticism even though I am skeptical of his motivations for being here.

Jeff
WTF - through wasting my time in this thread. Jeff - knock yourself out.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-17-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

[quote=Runscott;1186138]
Quote:

WTF - through wasting my time in this thread. Jeff - knock yourself out.
Scott, I agree..since I don't have a horse in this race, I am also done.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

[QUOTE=ibuysportsephemera;1186140]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post

Jeff
Jeff,

No offense, but you have said a lot of interesting things, but according to the rules, shouldn't your whole name appear in your posts??

Leon, am I incorrect here??

Greg
Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

Jeff
Jeff, we all have horses in this race. I stay away from most of the stuff that is easy pickings for the guys mentioned in this thread, but it's still part of our hobby. For example, the Ruth sig posted by Chris, authenticated by PAAS. Simply horrid. The sad truth is that anyone can simply declare themselves an 'expert' and start producing COA's. Sometimes I just have to tell myself that all of that bullshit doesn't affect me personally - it's only fvcking over people who blindly follow the TPA's. But somehow that still isn't very consoling.

My apologies for jumping on you, but yeah, Shelly is a friend. It's probably true that we cut our friends a little more slack than people who we consider assholes.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-17-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

Attachment 114599
This one is as horrible as they come. I would very much like to hear Mike's explanation for it. My guess is gross incompetence rather than fraud.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

[quote=gnaz01;1186180]
Quote:

Jeff,

No offense, but you have said a lot of interesting things, but according to the rules, shouldn't your whole name appear in your posts??

Leon, am I incorrect here??

Greg

Sure...Jeff G@rf!nkel
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

[quote=Runscott;1186185]
Quote:

Jeff, we all have horses in this race. I stay away from most of the stuff that is easy pickings for the guys mentioned in this thread, but it's still part of our hobby. For example, the Ruth sig posted by Chris, authenticated by PAAS. Simply horrid. The sad truth is that anyone can simply declare themselves an 'expert' and start producing COA's. Sometimes I just have to tell myself that all of that bullshit doesn't affect me personally - it's only fvcking over people who blindly follow the TPA's. But somehow that still isn't very consoling.

My apologies for jumping on you, but yeah, Shelly is a friend. It's probably true that we cut our friends a little more slack than people who we consider assholes.
Thanks Scott...I really wasn't trying to cause trouble. I probably should have just minded my own business. I should just stick to posting about sports memorabilia.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Belltown Vintage

It's impossible for me to stay out of threads like this, even though my only intersection with this stuff is pre-war autographs. And I haven't even yet said what I really think of the original post - as the thread has progressed, I have felt less and less need to.

Okay, hell, I'll do it anyway: There are way too many threads started in forums by brand-new members, simply spewing venom against former business partners. To borrow from Shelly's metaphor, to me it looks like a dog with fleas complaining about other dogs who have a few more fleas, the original dog not realizing that all the other dogs are thinking "get a friggin flea collar and shut up"
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Dan Bretta

I find threads like these to be educational for those of us who have not been collecting autographs for 40 years. I had never heard of PAAS before and I also had no idea that Richard Simon once worked at/for American Memorabilia. It's amazing how much venom there is between people who all seem to have the same agenda. It's a train wreck that I can't seem to avert my eyes from.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Dan, after the UCLA game I can understand why you have nothing better to do. Go Buckeyes.
s
Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I find threads like these to be educational for those of us who have not been collecting autographs for 40 years. I had never heard of PAAS before and I also had no idea that Richard Simon once worked at/for American Memorabilia. It's amazing how much venom there is between people who all seem to have the same agenda. It's a train wreck that I can't seem to avert my eyes from.
Dan - I was an autograph authenticator for American Memorabilia. That meant every time they had material for a new catalog I would fly to Las Vegas and examine autograph material for them. That was how I worked at/for them. Now it is PSA's job. I am sure they are finding it as "amusing" as I did.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-18-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Michael Frost

Quote:

Attachment 114599
Chris,
This is a legitimate PAAS cerificate. This is a big difference from the COA shown prior and now we can a honest discussion on the problems with this signature. I would like to hear your personally concerns with the signature and not just negative words being thrown around. I am hoping that your opinion would be based upon the signature and not the person that certed this item.
Thank you.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Dan, after the UCLA game I can understand why you have nothing better to do. Go Buckeyes.
s
No doubt...Husker nation is in complete meltdown right now over Pelini.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Dan - I was an autograph authenticator for American Memorabilia. That meant every time they had material for a new catalog I would fly to Las Vegas and examine autograph material for them. That was how I worked at/for them. Now it is PSA's job. I am sure they are finding it as "amusing" as I did.
Well, at least they hire legit authenticators.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Over the past few months I have come to know Shelly and consider him a friend. Clearly he made some serious mistakes in the past, but he has paid his dues to society and is the first to admit past mistakes. In the more recent past he has done a lot of "behind the scenes" work to combat fraud in the hobby. In my opinion, it is unfair to throw his past in his face to impugn his credibility.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing - fraud rooted out, forgers and their distributors put out of business and a healthy hobby for the next generation.
I agree wholeheartedly Zip...
Old 09-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

This is a thread that needs to experience a quick death

Last edited by Runscott; 09-18-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Rich Klein

The autograph guys are having all the fun
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
The autograph guys are having all the fun
Hey, at least they aren't threatening to sue Archive.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Rich Klein

Default true

but would not you like to be the one to defend archive in court
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Chris,
This is a legitimate PAAS cerificate. This is a big difference from the COA shown prior and now we can a honest discussion on the problems with this signature. I would like to hear your personally concerns with the signature and not just negative words being thrown around. I am hoping that your opinion would be based upon the signature and not the person that certed this item.
Thank you.
That Babe Ruth is an ugly forgery. Looks like it came from Coach's Corner.

Second, I would never base my opinion on an autograph on the person who certed it.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Michael Frost

Quote:
That Babe Ruth is an ugly forgery. Looks like it came from Coach's Corner.

Second, I would never base my opinion on an autograph on the person who certed it.
I do appreciate that and I respect your opinion. This item did not come from coaches corner and I would be happy to listen to any points you can make about the signature. I am with you not against you, for some reason I feel you have the wrong impression of me and my agenda. Like I said I have been involved in this industry longer the most and I can do nothing but help the good guys in there quest to fix the hobby.
What would you say about this Ruth signature, I was asked about last week.
psa ruth.jpg

Tags
autograph news, autographs, koschal, mueller