NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Rick J.

Default 1962 Canadian Post short prints ?authenticity on eBay

I collect 1962 Canadian Post cards. As any collector that dabbles with these knows, A Mantle, Aaron and Clemente aren't the gems, but rather it is the short prints. The names like Sherry, Tasby, Amalfitano and Simmons are some of the toughest cards to find. I constantly look for them and its not uncommon for an entire year to pass without seeing some of these cards on eBay. In the last three weeks 2-3 of seemingly every short print has shown up on eBay including a whole slew of of them that were sold for $10-15 on buy it nows. The sellers have great feedback, but i am getting concerned about reprints. I have been looking at the backs of the cards and none of the short prints have the waxy or glue stains that are often seen on the Post cards. Am I being paranoid, or is something going on that isn't good? Any thoughts from other Canadian Post collectors.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Mike Reid

I just looked through the sold section and some of those are unreasonably inexpensive. The Kaline sold for about 25 bucks on a buy it now. Many of those cards are cut very similar. If those cards are legit some people did very well on them. It’s so hard to find clean cut cards from the post sets.I am far from an expert on 62 Post Canadian Baseball but I have my doubts.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Michael Skiles

Default 62 Post Baseball

I also collect 62 Post Canadian and I am concerned about the same. The short prints are extremely tough. For 2-3 of each to show up at ridiculously low prices seems very odd.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Wayne V

The guy who sold some of those cards at the ridiculously low buy it now prices was breaking up a complete set. It was around card 90 or so when he realized he was screwing up, stopped the buy it now sale and pulled everything down. He relisted everything he had left a few days later as an auction style listing. Some of the stuff sold at outrageous prices.
I was lucky enough to buy it now some of those items. I give the guy credit, he honored his sales. I doubt anything he sold was fake, as he was breaking up a complete set.
I too am surprised at how much great stuff has shown up lately. I know for most of the year, nothing had shown up. I have been able to buy a few other things, everything seems real. One thing also, it has been many different sellers listing things, not just one. But it is strange.