NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Virtual sports "stuff" garage sale Make me an offer if you dont like the price!

One of my favorite moments when I worked at Wrigley Field was watching a hot dog vendor who had a unique sales approach. After working a long day selling hot dogs in the stands, he would get down to the last few dogs in his metal warmer, trying to sell them so he could be done for the day. By the 8th inning most people have purchased what they were going to eat by then and are only looking for the beer vendors so this guy knew what he was up against. This enterprising vendor would scream out in an voice that can only be described as bored and disinterested "HOT DOGS..............HOT DOGS..........HOT DOGS.....". At the end of this rant by the dog vendor he would then scream at the top of his lungs, "WOULD SOMEBODY BUY THIS CRAP SO I CAN GO HOME!!" He never failed to sell the left over dogs in his warmer and would always go home happy and satisfied. Why am I telling yuo this......well I want to say the same thing. WILL SOMEBODY BUY THIS CRAP SO I CAN LIST NEW STUFF!!!

As many might know I had worked for the Chicago Cubs for seven years during the 80's. I had access to areas of Wrigley Field that most fans will never see. I worked as game day security during my first three years with the team and then as a full time, year round employee in the Stadium Operations department for the remainder of my time with the team. The following item is something I was given while working on a sunny summer day as security on the field. I didnt have any sun glasses to help me see the crowd better but that was soon rectified by the bat boy who brought me a paid of shades that the players would wear. Before the days of Oakleys and other brands of glasses, players would wear these flip down model sunglasses that allowed them to keep the glasses "up" during normal game play but when they were hit a pop up, they would simply "flip" these glasses down and see the ball better. I was given these glsses to use but somehow never managed to give them back.

These are high quality, mirrored sun glasses that are the exact model the players wore. Everything is intact,just as I was given that day and this will be how they are delivered to you. The scan makes the lenses to look rather messed up but they are not that wasy at all as these are mirrored shades. Check out the old footage (or even old baseball cards) on the glasses the players wore before the Oakley models came on the scene and you will see they wore these exact model glasses. This item is sold!!

The next item is something that Topps gave away as part of their 2000 Topps Stadium Club promotion that year. This was a redemption card that was inserted into this product and entitled the holder to obtain one of many portraits that were painted by William Purdom, A renowned artist who has painted many sportscards for Topps over the years. This exceptional limited edition print features Shawn Green as a Dodger and it has been signed and numbered (528/600) by the artist at the bottom of the print. The following information about this print was taken from another web site that has this exact print for sale at 80 bucks:

"This artwork was commissioned by Topps for their 2001 Gallery Series in the style ofTopps 1954 baseball cards and was published as a limited edition lithograph by Bill Goff Inc. This lithograph is printed on 100% acid-free paper. It is numbered and signed by the artist in pencil in the lower margin"

This print has been stored, rolled, in the original mailing tube from Topps and this is how it will be delivered to you. Doing a Google search on this print it is for sale on various web sites for 80 bucks (including Ebay). This artist is an exceptional and well respected artist and signed prints are highly collectable. This print will look great framed and hanging on yoru wall. I am asking 35 bucks delivered on this item.

The next item is a New York Mets lineup card I forgot I had and didnt get a chance to sell along with the previous line up cards I posted last year. This card was taken right off the dugout wall at Wrigley and is dated June 26, 1980 and was folded in half but stored open and flat all of these years. This was actually given to me by one of the Mets coaches as he walked up the stairs to the clubhouse. While there was only one Hall of Famer that appears on this line up card (Sutter) it still displays very nice and is a must for any Met fan. I am asking 25 dollars delivered for this item.

The next item is something I got from my local True Value Hardware dealer in 1993 (or there abouts). This is a banner that was to hang from the ceiling of a True Value Hardware store for a Father's Day promotion but the dealer gave it to me without being displayed in the store. This very heavy cardboard (not paper) poster is a very large poster and has been rolled in the original tube that the dealer received it in since the day I received it. I had always wanted to get this autographed and framed as it really is a striking poster in person because of the size and colors. There are no rips or tears or creases on this poster but there is a small punched hole on either side at the top that was to be used to hang this poster. This fully intact poster would be an incredible addition to a Ripken or Oriole collector.

I have no idea what these go for as I am sure it is nearly a one of a kind poster but 20 bucks delivered sounds reasonable. You will receive this poster how I received it...rolled and in a crush proof tube. Let me know if you have questions.

The next item is a 1954 Chicago Cubs yearbook that is fully intact and has no rips, tears or folds in it. this 40 page yearbook has a blank back cover and the front cover does appear to have a bit of damage where it looks like it was touched by a small bit of tape but otherwise this book is in incredible condition. The true story of this book is not that it is a Cubs yearbook but that it is the rookie year of one Earnest Banks and marks his 1st appearance in Cubs yearbooks. The picture inside of mr Banks appears to be pretty close if not the exact same photo that was used on his Topps rookie card. There are great photos of Wrigley Field within this year book as well as bio's of all the Cubs players and coaches bit nothing beats the 1st appearance of Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. This would make a great item form an autograph opportunity. I am looking for 30.00 delivered on this item.

The last item is a signed book plate that was signed by President George W Bush that was designed to be attached to his book, Decision Points. This was obtained directly from the publisher and will pass any third party authenticator. I am looking for 50 dollars delivered on this item.

Last edited by whitehse; 01-23-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: price adjustments
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Scott

PM sent