NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Anybody going to the TriStar show this weekend in SF??

Posted By: Dean H

I'm sure it's going to be a dud but I'm a sucker for going to shows. Especially since these shows probably won't be around much longer, except the National. Just curious if there any other "suckers" out there.

Dean

Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Dean,

I'm going on either Sat. or Sun. morning and I do not consider myself a sucker. Perhaps a little bit nerdy or demented but not a sucker. Although $10 is a little bit too much to simply walk through the door.

Although I hope to find a couple cards that I need, I really just enjoy the friendships that I've built up with collectors and dealers. Where else can you just walk in and talk about baseball and baseball memorabilia for an hour or two.

Peter

Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dean H

Hey Peter,

I did not mean that in a negative way. To me these show have been detriorating but I still like going. I was just curious to see if anybody else still enjoyed going even though the likelyhood of finding anything good at a decent price is slim. I probably could have worded my original post better. I will definately be there myself on Saturday.

Dean

Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

No football on, I could be there on Sunday afternoon....I love to watch the dealers get tight when they believe everyone is shopping for a last minute bargain...I go to look mostly - can't imagine picking up anything.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Jim,

I enjoy negotiating with the Dealers, it's even more fun when the dealer is willing to take a card or two instead of cash.

Peter

Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

I'll be there. I've been the past two years and I've had a blast. Each time I far exceeded by bargain bin expectations. I also love the fact it's in the Cow Palace. As I'm wandering around the tables, I can't help but imagine that Rick Barry once launched jumpshots from the very spot where I am standing. I gladly travel the 75 or so miles from the Monterey Peninsula where I live ... I'll be there Saturday morning ...

Old 02-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Wolf

I'll be there from open to close today.

Josh

Old 02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Josh,

An exhibitor got me in around 9:15 am for free on Saturday morning. I spoke with a number of dealers and fellow collectors. I bought a 1949 Bowman Stan Musial graded BVG 2 and a 1971 Topps Thurman Munson for $95 and left by about 10:15 a.m.

The Bowman Stan Musial was a great deal. In his time there were many who considered him a better hitter than Ted Williams. Who knows, maybe it was just the baseball writers because Teddy Ballgame had a knack for pissing them off.

Peter

Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Guys,

The Gourdeys I saw at the show were in fair to good condition and overpriced. Higher grades were slabbed and also overpriced.

Peter

Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

I was there all day Saturday. As always, there were bargains available for anyone with the patience and energy to dig around. It did seem, however, that there was less vintage than ever ... it took me hours to find a decent stack of old exhibits, and I found very few Batter-Ups (and not a single high number) ... My highlight was a Sporting News supplement of Home Run Baker (amazing image!) I picked up for $75 ... I'm always amazed to see so much shiny new junk and the prices people pay for it ...