NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Default Venezuelan Topps

Posted By: Dave Williams

Are these the same standard dimensions as regular Topps?

I just purchased a 64 Venezuelan on E Bay and it's 1/8
short across the top.

I can't find dimensions in the Standard Catalog for this
year.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Default Venezuelan Topps

Posted By: Dave Hornish

I would recommend you join this Yahoo Group if you collect Venezuelan cards:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toppsvenezuela/

Old 01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Default Venezuelan Topps

Posted By: Josh

1964 cards are supposed to be identical in size to the US cards. There is a bit of size variation (generally no more than 1/16" of an inch) from card to card as the cutting was not done with a whole lot of care, but 1964 is not problematic for cutting issues in general, and 1/8" is an exceptionally large piece of the card missing. You may want to examine the card thoroughly to see if you can find evidence that it was trimmed.

Venezuelan cards were subjected to a multitude of conditions that accounts for generally low grades the cards are found in today. It is not uncommon to see a Venezuelan card that has an edge or two poorly hand cut by a pair of scissors. What likely happened with this Brock card is someone enterprising wound up with it, and re-cut the edge(s) that had previously been hacked up by scissors. PSA has limited knowledge about the issue, but seemingly are aware of slight size variations, and has occasionally slabbed cards that are overly short in my opinion.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Venezuelan Topps

Posted By: Dave Williams

Thank you for the input.

I don't really collect this issue, I picked
up a 64 Lou Brock for my Lou Brock collection,
and it was clearly short top to bottom, but
I'm not sure that the guy who sold it to me
was the one who trimmed it.

I got it cheap enough, so I'm keeping it.