NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 19th Century Cards & ALL Baseball Postcards- B/S/T

Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Brian Wolf

Default Pre-War Milwaukee player cards (and memorabilia) wanted

Hello -

I am new to Net54, but a long-time card and memorabilia collector. I was born and bred in Wisconsin and am keenly interested in any pre-war (especially 19th century material) cards or memorabilia of Milwaukee players or teams. I have the Milwaukee T206s, a few Old Judges, the Buchner Gold Coin Morissy (need the Forster and Hart) and the Colgan's Chips Ludwig and Schardt, as well as a few pieces of memorabilia. Would be happy to trade (I have a large multi-sport collection focused on the 1950s-1980s) or pay cash. Also curious what issues are out there that I am unaware of.

Thanks!

Brian
Old 02-14-2010, 11:28 PM
David McDonald

Welcome to Net54, Brian. Although I was present at Yankee Stadium for Game 2 of the 1957 World Series and thus have first-hand knowledge of prehistoric Milwaukee baseball, I can't be of much help to you as far as specific pre-war items go. However I would like to draw your attention to this link to a similar Net54 thread from last year. The borchertfield.com reference is definitely worth checking out-it's a pretty amazing blog about the old Brewers-and John Effenheim's photo site has lots of cards.
http://tinyurl.com/ycc46oa
Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
the Buchner Gold Coin Morissy (need the Forster and Hart)
I believe there are 4 Milwaukee players in the Buchner Gold set the missing one from your list, Joe Strauss
Old 02-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Brian Wolf

Default Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!

Other than the Gold Coins, Old Judges, Colgan's Chips, Grand Studios, T206s and the 1933 Goudey card of O'Rourke, do you know of any other Milwaukee players featured on pre-war cards?

I appreciate the help.

Brian
Old 02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
qualitycards

Brian, the only set you've listed that I collect and have info on, is the N284 Buchner's

Here's what the Jim Hart looks like (not for sale, sorry!)

Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Old Milwaukee Brewers Schedule SOLD

Hi Brian,
I have an old Brewers schedule. This is a framed Milwaukee Sentinel poster. I believe that it dates from the late 19-teens to the early 1920's, although I have been to lazy to verify the dates. I have had this poster for a few years, but I have never taken the poster out of the frame to give it a close inspection. The poster itself is about 11" wide by 13 1/2" wide.

I would sell it for $50 shipped, and if you like I can send it to you to check it out yourself before you pay me so that you can see it up close and verify it's authenticity.

I live in Wisconsin and I frequently go to the card shows in Madison, and occasionally to the Milwaukee Gonzaga show, so if you are interested I could meet you at one of the shows so you can look it over before you purchase it.

Thanks,
Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (65.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg brewers schedule0001.jpg (76.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg brewers schedule 20001.jpg (77.6 KB, 100 views)

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 02-23-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Brian Wolf

Thanks for the note and for the offer. I am probably going to pass on the schedule poster at this time. I am more focused on cards and photos right now. I do get to Milwaukee often and could get to Gonzaga Hall; if I change my mind, I will let you know.

Brian