NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Dave

Default LOL! No More Unpaid Item Notices (UPI's) on Ebay

Apparently this is old news from last year.

I've been selling on Ebay for well over 20 years, and this is new news to me...so I figure it might be new to others on here.

Found evidence on the Ebay forums that they had phased this out last April or so, for some unknown reason.

I went to go send a UPI (Unpaid Item Notice) on a bidder who won an auction 6 days ago and hadn't paid or communicated, and couldn't find the button anywhere to do so. Finally found a "File An Unpaid Item Claim" on the "Report A Buyer" page...and it reverted to a "Cancellation Request" page instead.

I don't want to "Cancel", I want the buyer to either pay for the item or get a UPI mark against them.

At least 80% of the time in previous years, when I sent the UPI notice to slow-paying bidders, they would finally come to their senses and pay. Now Ebay has taken away that tool.

Ebay apparently just wants me to quietly suck it up with a smile I guess.

I don't know if Ebay ever actually cracked down on reported Non-Paying bidders, especially since they made it so easy for d-bags, shillers and degenerates to easily request cancellations while they were openly interfering with auctions, but at least it helped you put in blocks for bidders who had a regular habit of not paying for auctions.

Hell, maybe I'm the last one to discover this, but figured others should know if I'm not.

Ultimately ineffectual Rant Over.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:52 AM
Joe Jones

It has changed and is through the order cancellation process now. If you select "buyer hasn't paid" for the cancelation reason it will instantly close the sale and give the buyer an unpaid item strike. The only difference now is that it is instant where before you had to wait several days for the case to close. Joe

My collection here:https://imageevent.com/joejo20
Old 03-10-2022, 12:11 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejo20 View Post
It has changed and is through the order cancellation process now. If you select "buyer hasn't paid" for the cancelation reason it will instantly close the sale and give the buyer an unpaid item strike. The only difference now is that it is instant where before you had to wait several days for the case to close. Joe

Those several days is usually when the buyer chose to pay.

Now, the auction is corrupted, the 2nd high bidder thinks I'm a shill, my time has been wasted, and I have zero faith the UPI strike from Ebay means a damn thing.

Some of that above sentence may seem contradictory, but I could give a Burt Hooten about it.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Joe Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Those several days is usually when the buyer chose to pay.

Now, the auction is corrupted, the 2nd high bidder thinks I'm a shill, my time has been wasted, and I have zero faith the UPI strike from Ebay means a damn thing.

Some of that above sentence may seem contradictory, but I could give a Burt Hooten about it.

I am in agreement with you. I have almost 30,000 items listed on eBay right now so I deal with this daily. Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My collection here:https://imageevent.com/joejo20