NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
If you are talking about my check it is none of your business. The auction results are public and online. If I were an auction company you might fall into the "all customers are not good customers" category.
Well when you receive a large check form an auction house your opinion isn't exactly neutral.

And what makes me a bad customer?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Well when you receive a large check form an auction house your opinion isn't exactly neutral.

And what makes me a bad customer?
I received a check based on what the collection sold for. It would have been similar anywhere it sold. They didn't give me anything except exceptional service.

Now if you said they are an advertiser so I am biased, then maybe you could have an argument (but I would feel the same way). However the amount of the check is irrelevant or at least not what you started out griping about. It is the time frame that is stated on their contract which you seem to have an issue with. And if I had a customer bitch publicly about my contract I wouldn't think they would be a good one for me. But everyone has their own opinion.... I am so glad I don't have to deal with people who do something willingly and then bitch and moan about it after the fact....

Oh, as far as what auction house to use, it is up to each person to pick where they want to entrust their collection. Speed of issuing the commission check is a factor. It just wasn't a big one for me. Any of our advertisers would have been good to sell the collection and Heritage did a great job .

Last edited by Leon; 09-17-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I received a check based on what the collection sold for. It would have been similar anywhere it sold. They didn't give me anything except exceptional service.

Now if you said they are an advertiser so I am biased, then maybe you could have an argument (but I would feel the same way). However the amount of the check is irrelevant or at least not what you started out griping about. It is the time frame that is stated on their contract which you seem to have an issue with. And if I had a customer bitch publicly about my contract I wouldn't think they would be a good one for me. But everyone has their own opinion.... I am so glad I don't have to deal with people who do something willingly and then bitch and moan about it after the fact....

Oh, as far as what auction house to use, it is up to each person to pick where they want to entrust their collection. Speed of issuing the commission check is a factor. It just wasn't a big one for me. Any of our advertisers would have been good to sell the collection and Heritage did a great job .
Again you received a fat check from them so obviously you are happy with them as would I and I'd be defensive as you are. But are you going to censor peoples opinions because you like them or they are a sponsor. Just want to be clear what is ok and not ok to gripe about. And it really isn't an opinion, but a fact you consign with Heritage you as a consignor wait about 2 months for a check, you consign to SCP, MEARS, REA, Goldin its about a month.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Again you received a fat check from them so obviously you are happy with them as would I and I'd be defensive as you are. But are you going to censor peoples opinions because you like them or they are a sponsor. Just want to be clear what is ok and not ok to gripe about. And it really isn't an opinion, but a fact you consign with Heritage you as a consignor wait about 2 months for a check, you consign to SCP, MEARS, REA, Goldin its about a month.
Complain all you want to. No one is censoring you. You said they "gave" me something and I disputed the term. That is all. They handed me a check after they sold my collection. That is true.

Last edited by Leon; 09-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

and I bid in their auctions so that's all they should really care about, and I pay on time when I win. That's a damn good customer.

and if their customers have an opinion they should listen. Ya gotta take the good with the bad.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
and I bid in their auctions so that's all they should really care about, and I pay on time when I win. That's a damn good customer.

and if their customers have an opinion they should listen. Ya gotta take the good with the bad.
And that my friend is why we are here. I am sure lots of others share your opinion. Maybe they will change their policy, maybe not. You definitely have every right to gripe but if I were them I might not think much of it. Not really a big deal to me. But again, as long as folks know when they will get paid it shouldn't be a big deal. I love knowing exactly when I will get my money. If it is 15 days longer than another venue takes, or 30 days longer, then I take that into account. If you want your money super quick then maybe you could negotiate that with them.

Last edited by Leon; 09-17-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Jeff

From what I can tell from this enjoyable read, Heritage takes 45 days to pay, always have and have never missed a payment. Others pay quicker. Would it be nice if they paid faster? Sure. Are they going to? No. Make your decision based on the facts at hand, if you think the chances of a greater selling price and hence return is worth the wait then it seems they are an option.

You know what you are buying on the front end here, seems to me.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 09-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.