NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Bruce Esser

Default Rosenblatt the Final Inning

NETV has started to show their documentary on Omaha Rosenblatt stadium. At least three Net54 members contributed to the documentary, Dan Bretta, Andy Bowers and myself. They featured pictures of Mel Harder and four of the 1936 Omaha Robin Hoods and a lot of old ball park pictures.

They showed the hidden ball trick that Miami pulled on Wichita in 1982, Steve Arlin pitching 3 games in 4 days including a 15 inning shutout the third game, Dave Winfield pitching, Warren Morris's home run and Robin Ventura's hitting streak.

The program will air tonight at 8:00 PM Central time. It will be webcast live at that time so anyone with web access can watch the program.
http://www.netnebraska.org/television/ is a link which will lead you to the live webcast.

http://www.netnebraska.org/extras/rosenblatt/ is a link to the main page for the documentary and a number of video clips from the program.

They are not selling the DVD at this time but you can acquire one as a "gift" if you join Nebraska Public Television. For $50 you get a membership and the DVD, for $100.00 you get the DVD and the companion book published by the World Herald, there is also a "ticket" and a poster if you want to give more.

http://www.nebaseballhistory.com/
Old 06-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Dan Bretta

I happened to catch the tail end of it yesterday..I was a bit bummed that I had missed most of it because they were pausing throughout the program to speak with Sue Maryott who produced the film. I've got the DVR set for tonight's program, but I'm guessing this showing will be just a straightforward showing of the program with no breaks for discussion.

In the tiny bit that I did see I discovered that Sue Maryott was born in Walthill, Nebraska...the same town that George "Chief" Johnson lived and worked in the off season..perhaps I can talk her into a Nebraska Indians documentary?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Watched the show live on-line. Absolutely wonderful documentary. I knew very little about Rosenblatt, now I wish it wasn't being replaced!

Greg
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 AM
John Hanssen

Going to the opening College World Series game today at the new park 1pm local time.
I was and am a big Rosenblatt. So Illl reserve my judgement of the new park for after my 1st game there.
Look forward to the documentary!!!!!!!

Sec 104 Row 26 Seat 7 Stop by and say HI if your there.

John