NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 601
Default Negative feedback

I really hate to leave negative feedback for a seller but had 2 bad experiences recently and haven't decided what feedback to leave.

1. Seller refuses to combine shipping on items I bought 3 days apart. (I asked before 2nd item auction ended, then I paid for 1st item separately after he refused combined) He charges me 2 shipping charges then sends items in the same box anyway. Leaning towards negative here.

2. Fairly expensive item, seller puts right address but wrong zip code and package goes across country and takes 12 days to get here. I message seller tio let them know what happened and get a 1 word reply "sorry" I understand everyone makes mistakes but sellers dismissive attitude aggravated me. Leaning towards neutral here.

What does it take for you guys to leave negative feedback?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 AM
vintagetoppsguy's Avatar
vintagetoppsguy vintagetoppsguy is online now
D@v!d J@m3s
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 4,353
Default

I would probably leave a neutral in the first case and ding the heck out of his stars.

In the second case, the seller could have been a little more apologetic, but it was just a mistake. That said, I would leave a positive, but probably ding his star (only for shipping time) too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:17 AM
ALR-bishop ALR-bishop is offline
Al Richter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 5,169
Default

If the seller delivers the item in good order I leave positive feedback. A delay like you experienced for that reason given would not alter that for me.

I would also leave positive for the other guy, since he delivered the product according to the terms he offered. But I likely would not buy from him again. I might mention the issue in my comments.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
If the seller delivers the item in good order I leave positive feedback. A delay like you experienced for that reason given would not alter that for me.

I would also leave positive for the other guy, since he delivered the product according to the terms he offered. But I likely would not buy from him again. I might mention the issue in my comments.
First seller is definitely not getting a positive, I paid double postage ($28 for a priority medium flat rate that actually cost him less than $14) I messaged him and politely told him I was not happy and thought he should refund part of my shipping and he never responded.

The second seller, I am leaving a positive and will mention the mistake, he shipped right away and the packaging was good so he is getting a pass on the mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Michael B Michael B is offline
Mh wߥ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
First seller is definitely not getting a positive, I paid double postage ($28 for a priority medium flat rate that actually cost him less than $14) I messaged him and politely told him I was not happy and thought he should refund part of my shipping and he never responded.

The second seller, I am leaving a positive and will mention the mistake, he shipped right away and the packaging was good so he is getting a pass on the mistake.
I agree with the second seller. No matter how hard you try, it is still possible to transpose the numbers on a zip code.

The first seller I would probably leave a neutral and give one star for communication and shipping. My comment would be that the items were fine, but charged double for postage, but shipped in one box.
__________________
'Integrity is what you do when no one is looking'

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is online now
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 23,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I agree with the second seller. No matter how hard you try, it is still possible to transpose the numbers on a zip code.

The first seller I would probably leave a neutral and give one star for communication and shipping. My comment would be that the items were fine, but charged double for postage, but shipped in one box.
Me too....
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2017, 07:42 PM
savedfrommyspokes savedfrommyspokes is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
First seller is definitely not getting a positive, I paid double postage ($28 for a priority medium flat rate that actually cost him less than $14) I messaged him and politely told him I was not happy and thought he should refund part of my shipping and he never responded.
I would contact ebay and see it there is anything they can provide to you in terms of a partial refund for the s/h.....depending on the CSR at ebay, you may end up with some funds back.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I would contact ebay and see it there is anything they can provide to you in terms of a partial refund for the s/h.....depending on the CSR at ebay, you may end up with some funds back.
I thought about that but I'm not sure the time and effort is worth whatever I would get.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eBay negative feedback Mdmtx Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 82 03-04-2016 12:12 AM
CLASSIC Negative Feedback! danmckee Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 42 04-19-2012 03:30 PM
nothing else I can do except wait for negative feedback? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 07-01-2007 10:48 AM
Your first negative feedback on ebay Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 7 05-25-2002 09:06 PM
negative and nuetral feedback Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 8 05-21-2002 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.


ebay GSB