NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Default Another USPS question

I was expecting a package yesterday. USPS status shows it was "out for delivery" the next status shows "delivery status not updated" and the package never came. The bar that is blue then turns to green when delivered is yellow and says "alert". Anyone have any idea what this means?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USPS.com® - USPS Tracking® Results.jpg (12.5 KB, 98 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Ben North

Usually it means it will get delivered the next day. I get these when my maillady feels to lazy to actually carry the package. Seriously I have asked her when I know I am supposed to get something and I watch her just walk by my house.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Usually it means it will get delivered the next day. I get these when my maillady feels to lazy to actually carry the package. Seriously I have asked her when I know I am supposed to get something and I watch her just walk by my house.
I went out to get the newspaper this morning and the package was sticking out of my mailbox. The package was insured for $500 which I always thought required a signature, I guess I was wrong about that.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I went out to get the newspaper this morning and the package was sticking out of my mailbox. The package was insured for $500 which I always thought required a signature, I guess I was wrong about that.
That is great that you received your package.

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago when I sent a fellow member a package insured for $500 and they just left it in his mail box.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That is great that you received your package.

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago when I sent a fellow member a package insured for $500 and they just left it in his mail box.
I asked the seller to put sig confirmation and he told me the clerk said its a waste because insurance of that amount requires a signature. I understand so many people complain about the Post Office so I wont, I just wish there were consistant policies that they all follow.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I been told that about Sig Confirm, that's it not required as its insured for XXX high $$$.
From what I understand Registered Mail is the more preferred method for High-End stuff.
Note: You have to use the brown stick tape on all the seams, no clear tape. (they can it for you at the P.O.) Also note they have to put these under lock/key as well and each person has to sign for it.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 08-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Insurance

A package with $500 insurance receives a delivery scan. A package with $500.01 and up requires a signature.

The paragraph below is from the Domestic Mail Manual:

Insured mail provides the mailer with a mailing receipt. No record of insured mail is kept at the office of mailing; however, the USPS maintains insured mail delivery records for a period of time. An item insured for $500.00 or less receives a delivery scan. An item insured for more than $500.00 receives a delivery scan (includes returns products meeting the applicable standards in 505) and the USPS obtains and provides the recipient’s signature as the delivery record to the mailer electronically (excludes returns products). Customers may optionally obtain a delivery record by purchasing a hardcopy return rec

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Default Same Problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I was expecting a package yesterday. USPS status shows it was "out for delivery" the next status shows "delivery status not updated" and the package never came. The bar that is blue then turns to green when delivered is yellow and says "alert". Anyone have any idea what this means?
Glad I read your post. I've been miserable all weekend after receiving that same message on Friday. Was expecting a special long sought after card. Went to the PO Saturday and was given a number to call on Monday. Nothing came on Saturday, but knowing that this has happened to others resulting with delivery, gives me some relief. I'm now thinking that it will show up tomorrow.
Not receiving my package ruined my weekend. I didn't feel up to attending a major card show as I had planned.