NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 PM

Default New member from the modern card world

Hello vintage world! I have been collecting modern cards for awhile but realized that the true beauty of baseball cards is in vintage. I think it ridiculous for someone to pay thousands of dollars on a superfractor baseball card with a players signature on it when you could own a real piece of baseball history instead! I have set my eyes on the t-205 set because there are many low end affordable cards for me and I find the gold border to be very aesthetically appealing. I have decided to go for quantity over quality of cards based solely because of my budget. I hope learn more about vintage cards from this forum!
Henry
"I am an outcast, and I haven't a good name. I'm the loser, just like all gamblers are. I lived to make great plays. What did I gain? Nothing. Everything was lost because I raised hell after hours. I was a wise guy, a know-it-all, I guess."
-Hal Chase
Old 08-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Welcome to a great forum. Good luck on your quest.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM

I like your attitude! Welcome!
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Mays Hayes View Post
Hello vintage world! I have been collecting modern cards for awhile but realized that the true beauty of baseball cards is in vintage. I think it ridiculous for someone to pay thousands of dollars on a superfractor baseball card with a players signature on it when you could own a real piece of baseball history instead! I have set my eyes on the t-205 set because there are many low end affordable cards for me and I find the gold border to be very aesthetically appealing. I have decided to go for quantity over quality of cards based solely because of my budget. I hope learn more about vintage cards from this forum!
Henry
Welcome aboard, Henry. Great user name! I got a good chuckle from it.

It sounds like you're following the same path I did. I was a big Bowman Chrome prospect autograph collector. I have about 150 of them, some of which are quite valuable (Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, etc). And I'll still buy an occasional card or two from that line. But seeing Kris Bryant's gold refractor auto redemption go for $5,000 (not even the auto, as you know, just the promise of an auto), well, I'd had enough with the rat race. Every three months, a new set of prospect autos would come out. Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Bowman DP&P. I just got sick of trying to keep up.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here on Net 54. The members are great. The discussions are also much more interesting. I love learning about the history of the game, and the hobby.

Have fun. I look forward to seeing your collection grow!

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard the board!
all the best,
barry
Old 08-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Jesse

Welcome aboard. If your looking at the T206 set well you've come to the right place these guys knows a ton of stuff bout it. Best of lucki on the monster
Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 AM

Default welcome....

you made a great choice.....just a suggestion.....try on a T206

peace

Johnny
Old 08-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Steven H.

Welcome to the board. After National I've concluded modern card collectors are crazy paying some of the prices out there. Well, unless you're a hockey fan buying into box breaks, lol (wife and I just started doing that for Jackets cards).

Good luck with the collection. Pretty much any question you have can be answered here.
Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Welcome aboard
Old 08-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Luke Lyon

nice screen name and pic
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Welcome aboard
Old 08-11-2014, 02:56 PM

Welcome...the vintage stuff is awe and some you'll enjoy it!

Ricky Y
Old 08-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome to the vintage world Henry. We all hope you enjoy your time here!! It's a great place to collect even if there is a bit of drama thrown in .
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 AM

Hello

Get an Old Judge while your at it.