NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Adam Phillips

Default Rich Altman's Hollywood Collectibles

Is Altman's Hollywood Collectibles trustworthy? Someone suggested I check it out.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

He's in my top 5.

Ken
Old 08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Adam Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
He's in my top 5.

Ken
Thanks Ken.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Andrew

All positive experiences for me.

Andrew
Old 08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Adam Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog*dirt View Post
All positive experiences for me.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Same here...in my top 5 or 6.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Christopher Williams

I've seen a couple of bad Mantle autographs on his site. One of them was a Greg Marino penned Mantle. When I contacted Mr. Altman about it, he removed it from his website. He also had another bad Mantle that was listed on Ebay last night that was eventually removed, but it's still displayed on his website.

The point I am making is that even sellers with good reputations might have a bad sig every once-in-awhile. Know what you're buying.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-11-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:09 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Nothing but great experiences. Great Seller.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 PM

I live by his shop and have been there numerous times. You're in good hands.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Chris is right on. Know what you're buying. I have seen long time dealers and members of autograph and manuscripit societies screw up, and last year I saw a big time dealer with an obvious ghost sig. Heck, PSA has written up some nice articles on what to look for on certain Hof'ers and then miss those very things when authenticating them.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM

He's been the representative for some big names, including NBA HOFer Bill Russell.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I've seen a couple of bad Mantle autographs on his site. One of them was a Greg Marino penned Mantle. When I contacted Mr. Altman about it, he removed it from his website. He also had another bad Mantle that was listed on Ebay last night that was eventually removed, but it's still displayed on his website.

The point I am making is that even sellers with good reputations might have a bad sig every once-in-awhile. Know what you're buying.
i give kudos to altman for carrying thousands of autos and have many positive feedbacks. some bad ones will slip by with his inventory, but they shouldn't be mantles. any competent dealer with experience should know his mantle, am i expecting too much?

i have bought a couple modern sigs from him and they were good.