NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-16-2019, 06:16 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The longer the lists the better. Some self-deluding dolts, such as on the CU board, won't open their eyes unless they're hit over the head with a sledgehammer.

Last edited by drcy; 06-16-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
The longer the lists the better. Some self-delusioning dolts, such as on the CU board, won't open their eyes unless they're hit over the head with a sledgehammer.
Agree the Kool Aid hasn’t stopped being consumed yet.....sheeple with Registry Cards...
Old 06-16-2019, 11:57 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
The longer the lists the better. Some self-deluding dolts, such as on the CU board, won't open their eyes unless they're hit over the head with a sledgehammer.
I was one of the first members on that message board. A couple years ago I posted a questionable Gretzky PSA/DNA card. They not only banned me, but the mod at the time (Jackie) called my cell phone at 9/10ish EST and laid me out for the post.

I visited the site today to see how the fraud is being handled and it looks like the new mod is actually editing user's posts by changing or removing things said. That's a first for me on any forum.

The reason the members there will "not open their eyes unless they're hit over the head with a sledgehammer" is because they don't want to lose posting privileges. For most of the regular posters there, that forum is their life and they cannot function without it.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:15 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
I was one of the first members on that message board. A couple years ago I posted a questionable Gretzky PSA/DNA card. They not only banned me, but the mod at the time (Jackie) called my cell phone at 9/10ish EST and laid me out for the post.

I visited the site today to see how the fraud is being handled and it looks like the new mod is actually editing user's posts by changing or removing things said. That's a first for me on any forum.

The reason the members there will "not open their eyes unless they're hit over the head with a sledgehammer" is because they don't want to lose posting privileges. For most of the regular posters there, that forum is their life and they cannot function without it.
I understand that, and also understand/appreciate that it's a company website. No company is going to allow slamming of their product on their own site. That's why Beckett deleted their chatboard some years back.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Crazy how many Gem Mint cards were being graded in those grading sessions, that has to be some kind of record! Yet no red flags!?! That one submission had 23 Jordan RC's in a row with 4 getting Gem Mt, then another has 19 Montana Rc's at one time with 14 getting 9's and the other 4 getting 8.5's! Why would they destroy the registry/pop reports with preferential grades like this for certain submitters? This all just blows my mind, they literally flooded the market with high grade high demand rookies!

This all makes me want to throw up to think of all the people out there that have been screwed by these con artists. These guys really need to do some really long prison sentences! Millions of $$ of fraud going on here.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 06-17-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:00 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
I understand that, and also understand/appreciate that it's a company website. No company is going to allow slamming of their product on their own site. That's why Beckett deleted their chatboard some years back.
Actually, Beckett deleted their chat board because the owners at the time believed it was not a "profitable" cost center. The uproar was so great the message boards were restored within a week. But that is how Chris Gilmour got Freedom Card Board up and running because most of the Beckett regulars went there.

Rich
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Rich Klein

And I may be off the timeline by a few days but the lack of a forum was part of the "NEW" Beckett web site which was teased all during the 2008 National and other ways.

As noted, part of the "NEW" web site was the lack of a forum which was not brought over because it would not be a money making part of the web site.

The outcry was so loud that within a week there was a new forum added and it took another week or so for the forum to be easily accessible instead of having to have several steps to find said forum.

Needless to say, I bet you could find the details of that debacle in the archives of Net 54 as I was actively posting on both boards in those days.

Within a month, the then owners were forced by their bank (read lending institution) to see to Eli Research now known as Entrust and they have remained the owners since then. But the forum debacle might have been the final clue about the true dire straits of the previous owners (who had purchased the company from Dr. Beckett)

Just some more non-needed details about how the Beckett forum going away had nothing to do with negative comments.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 06-17-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
The older I get the more I realize I've become very odd when it comes to customer service. When I actually have authority to fix problems I prefer to talk to people who have had a problem. They are the ones that I learn things from that make me better.
Not that talking to happy people is bad, I just learn less from them.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Completely agree. It's their site and they make the rules. The post was in good taste and I was surprised in the unprofessional response by calling me so late at night, giving me a good chewing. Orlando saw it and, if memory serves me right, it was about the time he was getting his promotion. I can only speculate as to why they acted the way that they did. Maybe it should've, but it didn't keep me from continuing to do business with them. The current level of negligence that is being uncovered has me wanting to throw the towel in on my PSA cards and sets, though.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
Completely agree. It's their site and they make the rules. The post was in good taste and I was surprised in the unprofessional response by calling me so late at night, giving me a good chewing. Orlando saw it and, if memory serves me right, it was about the time he was getting his promotion. I can only speculate as to why they acted the way that they did. Maybe it should've, but it didn't keep me from continuing to do business with them. The current level of negligence that is being uncovered has me wanting to throw the towel in on my PSA cards and sets, though.
How to tell your business is a homerun.^^^^

Treat your customers badly and they keep coming back.

None of this will touch PSA.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Jeremy W.

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that the people who had faith in PSA might start to question that faith sometime soon.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
How to tell your business is a homerun.^^^^

Treat your customers badly and they keep coming back.

None of this will touch PSA.
It depends on how adept they are at giving their customers a false sense of security that the problem has been contained and ameliorated. Now there are doubtless a lot of people who WANT to hear that message, so they may well believe it.

There is also the question of how far word of this travels. I did speak today with a guy who most would classify as an investor who does not read the message boards but did see the NYT article.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-17-2019 at 04:30 PM.