NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Geographical reach of T206

Posted By: Paul Carek

A question for you T206 scholars: how far west were the ATC brands associated with T206 distributed?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

thanks - now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Carek

paulcarek@comcast.net

Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian Anderson

I live in Wichita, Ks and have pretty much been a MidWest boy all my life. Answers anyone?

Damian

Old 01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jantz

As far as distribution, no clue. Production might be the ATC plant that was located in Middletown, Ohio. Probably no shocking info here, but just thought I would toss that out there.

Collect what you like,
Jantz

Old 02-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...the geography a bit by looking at the teams on the cards. The fact that the most west Major League teams at that time were St. Louis and Chicago, the Mississippi is a pretty good dividing line for distribution. Add to that the fact that the Southern League cards stretched from the Southeast all the way to Texas, and you can be pretty sure the cards made it to Texas and the surrounding areas. Also, there were Canadian teams featured on T206, so the cards certainly made it pretty far north, if not into Canada then the teams (like Rochester and Buffalo) that likely played the Canadian teams.

Further, given Obak's PCL prominence, and no California League teams featured in T206 minor league issues, I think it is evident that if Piedmont and Sweet Caporal were being distributed there, it was in much lesser quantities than on the east coast. Given Hindu's prominent advertisements in Louisiana newspapers, Hindu was probably sold pretty regularly in that region. Also, I think it has been proposed that Piedmont was a Northeast favorite and Sweet Cap was a south east favorite (or vice versa).

So, I would say T206 was pretty well distributed North to South when we're talking east of the Mississippi, but if we go west of the Mississippi, then I think Texas would be about it.

Those are my theories and I'm sticking to them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

I have purchased groups of T-206 which were originally collected in Northern California. Most I've found are primarily with Old Mill backs. As I recall Leon's Trucker Boy find had a few with Sweet Caporal back. Old Mill later on had ties with Liggett & Myers, as did San Francisco -based John Bollman Company, which distributed Obak cigarettes (among others) . The Old Mills that I've found here turn up in lesser quantities than the more popular (locally) Obaks.I'd suspect that many regions of the country were selected for baseball card distribution, but it is probably safe to say that not every region received the baseball inserts.