NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2017, 09:12 AM

Default Dumb question?

So, I'm looking at purchasing a PSA card (name and set withheld because deal isn't done yet - willing to reveal when completed) that is a PSA 6. I go to the pop report for this card and ... PSA doesn't list a 6. (Unless this is a VERY good fake it is a legitimate PSA holder).

The PSA pop report lists 3 PSA 5s and one PSA 8 Q. This PSA 6 is miscut, so it seems POSSIBLE that someone re-holder the PSA 8Q into a PSA 6 holder.

Or I suppose someone couold have resubmitted a 5 and gotten a higher grade.

But doesn't PSA updated their pop report when they do this???

Seems outrageous to me that they would not update the report and provide accurate information. How do I know if I'm buying the PSA 8 Q or one of the PSA 5s? Isn't that part of the service we pay you for PSA?

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 04-02-2017, 09:55 AM
D@n Pl@th

The PSA app for android and iOS has a barcode scanning feature. Scan the barcode and see what the certification verification shows.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Scott Russell

there is definitely a lag between receiving a grade and it posting on the pop report. I have had people tell me a card I am selling is a counterfeit because it's not in the report, yet I had graded it myself and received it maybe the week before. It also led to an issue when I had what I thought was a 1 of 1 PSA 10 1968 Common, I sold it as such and THEN the pop report updated, my buyer wasn't thrilled.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-02-2017, 10:00 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I think it's long been the case that it takes a while for PSA to enter all the info. I remember a couple of years ago they had a big backlog.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16 AM
P@trick R.omolo

The Lajoie Lenox that's being talked about in another thread isn't listed
in the pop reports but it does show up in a cert check.
Lajoie Lenox.jpg
img189.jpg
img188.jpg
Old 04-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Thanks to all! I didn't realize PSA was so slow on this. If it were me, I'd grade the card, update my report, and mail. Would take 20 seconds and you wouldn't get a backlog. Oh well.

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 04-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
So, I'm looking at purchasing a PSA card (name and set withheld because deal isn't done yet - willing to reveal when completed) that is a PSA 6. I go to the pop report for this card and ... PSA doesn't list a 6. (Unless this is a VERY good fake it is a legitimate PSA holder).

The PSA pop report lists 3 PSA 5s and one PSA 8 Q. This PSA 6 is miscut, so it seems POSSIBLE that someone re-holder the PSA 8Q into a PSA 6 holder.

Or I suppose someone couold have resubmitted a 5 and gotten a higher grade.

But doesn't PSA updated their pop report when they do this???

Seems outrageous to me that they would not update the report and provide accurate information. How do I know if I'm buying the PSA 8 Q or one of the PSA 5s? Isn't that part of the service we pay you for PSA?

Cheers,
Patrick

Patrick-

I purchased the Allegheny Mathewson graded PSA-5 after the previous owner got greedy with it as a PSA-6 and resubmitted it. Now, even thought the Allegheny cards are all 1-of-1, PSA pop report shows both the PSA-5 & PSA-6.

So, they are displaying how many grades they have made, which is very different from an actual population report. IMO

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Jimmy Knowle$

Excellent point Raymond.
That is how I take it too.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:09 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

If you send it back in holder, they are supposed to update the cert number info and remove the prior grade. If you crack it and send it back in, how are they supposed to know it was the same one they graded earlier? The submitter who cracked it out has to mail back in the flip, and then they'll remove that one from the pop report.

Before buying it OP, I would check the Cert Number on their main page; if it doesn't match the database, I would call PSA. Ask them if the card is legit. Don't just email them, because that will take months to get an answer. But no, I wouldn't take possession of a card not in PSA's pop reports.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Based on what people have said, I think the first question that needs to be asked is, is the card in a 'new' PSA holder? If so, then it stands to reason that a delay in the posting of the card to the pop report is quite feasible. If it's in an 'old' holder, then I would be very suspicious, because it probably should've been included long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.