NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2018, 12:19 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I have bought cards from PWCC before and waited to pay because there is something else ending a day or two later that I also want. They have always combined shipping. If you win a card and pay that day then a day or two later win another one that won't combine because the first one is already packed and probably shipped.
James
As strictly a buyer on eBay, I read a lot of threads here on lousy buyers. When I buy something, I try to pay for it within 24 hours. Now you're telling me I should hold off paying because I'm paying more for doing that?

If the case is PWCC will combine shipping on items bought over a few days, then document that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsalem View Post
I will chime in and just going off the top of my head here...
I ship to Canada a lot!
Up 1-8 oz is approx $10(sometimes less) with tracking door to door to Canada
9oz to 15 oz I think is around $14 with tracking. 1 pound on up it gets real expensive.
These prices do not include signature or insurance, just delivery confirmation
As I said earlier, it simply feels like a cash grab. It is based on the estimated value of the card. A $20 PSA 8 and a $2,000 PSA 8 would be the same cost for shipping (without insurance), as it's the same packaging!!!!

Not that long ago PWCC shipping rates were reasonable. Now, not so much. UPS shipping rates have not gone up equally to the rates PWCC charges. And to confirm what Dale said , they are much higher than the outrageous Global Shipping Program.

Now if we are talking insurance, I looked up the posted UPS insurance rates for both domestic and international shipping. It is .90 (cents) per $100 of insurance (minimum of $2.40). Basically 1% of the value. So based on my example, the $20 PSA 8 costs $2.40 for insurance, and the $2000 PSA 8 costs $18 for insurance. PWCC shipping costs are way above this differential.

To quote someone earlier, I am pretty good at math too, and this does not add up to anything other than a cash grab.