NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-28-2017, 11:24 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Default eBay seller fees

Quick question, when and how does an eBay seller pay their fees? I always figured it was automatically deducted prior the money being deposited to a seller's Paypal account. I just sold my eBay first item tonight and now see the fees are not automatically deducted. I've searched their site high and low for an answer, but can't find it. Figure I can get a quick answer here.

Ideally I'd like to either pay eBay immediately, or have their % deducted automatically, as opposed to receiving a bill later. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Quick question, when and how does an eBay seller pay their fees? I always figured it was automatically deducted prior the money being deposited to a seller's Paypal account. I just sold my eBay first item tonight and now see the fees are not automatically deducted. I've searched their site high and low for an answer, but can't find it. Figure I can get a quick answer here.

Ideally I'd like to either pay eBay immediately, or have their % deducted automatically, as opposed to receiving a bill later. Any help is appreciated.
My eBay > Account

It's right at the top under "Payment methods for Seller Fees".

"You can make a one-time payment using PayPal or another payment method."

You can either pay right after you sell an item, or you can wait until they send you an invoice.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:49 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Thanks Ryan! Exactly what I needed.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:31 PM
I@n Cl@rke

One more question, how do you make a blanket advisement that "the seller is away" when traveling? I added as a "note" to all listings but don't see it on the listings. Hoping there's a way to select "away" like an out of office and have it apply to all listings until I get back.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:16 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
One more question, how do you make a blanket advisement that "the seller is away" when traveling? I added as a "note" to all listings but don't see it on the listings. Hoping there's a way to select "away" like an out of office and have it apply to all listings until I get back.
The only way you can do it is to have an eBay store. Regular sellers can't. So either upgrade to a store, or cancel all your listings before vacation. That's what I do.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:18 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

And to your first question, eBay sends and invoice after a full month of sales, and then takes it out of your bank account (if that's what you have linked) like 10 days later. They will email you the total invoice and also a notification that they've made the withdrawal.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:41 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
And to your first question, eBay sends and invoice after a full month of sales, and then takes it out of your bank account (if that's what you have linked) like 10 days later. They will email you the total invoice and also a notification that they've made the withdrawal.
Thanks for the feedback, now I can at least stop looking. I newest of the newbie to eBay selling. Had an account since 1999, but never listed/sold until 2 days ago. This is good to know. I may just add a note into my individual descriptions.

Going forward, depending on how long I'm gone, I may decide to pack a few of the cards.. ones which seem to be attracting most attention and just take with me.

I got up to 100 free listings, so just maxing that out as much as I can before 5/1... will consider the store later. Clear there are several tiers, which get you discounts on your seller fees, but as of now, I'm ok just listing and selling as is.