NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Default Photo Opportunities in May Legendary Auction

Delete

Bryan

Last edited by Augy44; 12-03-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM

On that last note, hope no one minds, but I'll throw in a pitch for a few of my images, too. I posted scans a few months ago when I purchased the photos at an estate sale: Two Paul Thompson Ruth photos, along with a shot of Ruth from the opening day of the new Yankee Stadium. I ended up consigning with Heritage Auctions and the auction ends Friday night.

Shortly after that estate sale, I came across a small local auction a few hours from my house on Long Island and ended up buying several more Ruth photos, along with a lot of other baseball stuff. So in all, I have 14 images (mostly Ruth) being sold by Heritage. It was a strange coincidence to come across two different places to buy Ruth photos within a couple of months. Friday night should be pretty exciting for me. It's always a blast to be part of an auction.

Below is the link to the original thread where I asked for help, if anyone wants to see the original three images. And I'd be happy to share the others if anyone's interested, but I don't want to overdo it. Thanks again for those who chimed in to help earlier. They did indeed turn out to be real. I particularly love the Thompson shot of him crossing home plate. I think that's a gorgeous photo. Has a wonderful mood to it. Thompson was an artist. Having some photography experience myself, images like that aren't easy to capture. particularly in that day and age with such low-tech equipment. I can see why people collect these. I also hope a few folks on Net54 wind up with some of these images. Best regards.
Rob

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177608
Old 05-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsguy1969 View Post
On that last note, hope no one minds, but I'll throw in a pitch for a few of my images, too. I posted scans a few months ago when I purchased the photos at an estate sale: Two Paul Thompson Ruth photos, along with a shot of Ruth from the opening day of the new Yankee Stadium. I ended up consigning with Heritage Auctions and the auction ends Friday night.

Shortly after that estate sale, I came across a small local auction a few hours from my house on Long Island and ended up buying several more Ruth photos, along with a lot of other baseball stuff. So in all, I have 14 images (mostly Ruth) being sold by Heritage. It was a strange coincidence to come across two different places to buy Ruth photos within a couple of months. Friday night should be pretty exciting for me. It's always a blast to be part of an auction.

Below is the link to the original thread where I asked for help, if anyone wants to see the original three images. And I'd be happy to share the others if anyone's interested, but I don't want to overdo it. Thanks again for those who chimed in to help earlier. They did indeed turn out to be real. I particularly love the Thompson shot of him crossing home plate. I think that's a gorgeous photo. Has a wonderful mood to it. Thompson was an artist. Having some photography experience myself, images like that aren't easy to capture. particularly in that day and age with such low-tech equipment. I can see why people collect these. I also hope a few folks on Net54 wind up with some of these images. Best regards.
Rob

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177608
You did pretty well I'd say congrats! The "blue chip" photos are so rare(no more are being made) and the demand is clearly rising. These prices on your 2 thompsons and 1923 photo were strong.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 05-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Needless to say, I was thrilled with the auction results. Very pleased with how Heritage handled my photos. I was shocked the one Thompson shot took off like that. It's a cool photo, but as I mentioned, I actually prefer the shot of him crossing home. More artistic, imho. But to each his own, I suppose. Thanks again for everyone's help/advice. Wish I could come across a find like this every couple of months.
Rob