NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Default Vintage tickets, what type of case do you use?

I've read up on past posts regarding a similar topic and wanted to elaborate on actual examples of cases, sleeves, frames etc that collectors use to store and display tickets.

I'm contemplating whether to submit some more tickets to PSA for authenticating/holdering.

Although I enjoy the raw form of a ticket without a bulky plastic holder.
I also enjoy the visual of a PSA label describing the event.

A "Tall Boy" 3x5 toploader seems to work for most my raw stubs.
Wanting to know what else is out there?

sharing photo examples would be wonderful to see.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
I've read up on past posts regarding a similar topic and wanted to elaborate on actual examples of cases, sleeves, frames etc that collectors use to store and display tickets.

I'm contemplating whether to submit some more tickets to PSA for authenticating/holdering.

Although I enjoy the raw form of a ticket without a bulky plastic holder.
I also enjoy the visual of a PSA label describing the event.

A "Tall Boy" 3x5 toploader seems to work for most my raw stubs.
Wanting to know what else is out there?

sharing photo examples would be wonderful to see.
Hi Drift,
My standard go to is a 7 1/2" x 3 1/4" (it's labeled as 3" x 7") ticket/currency top loader for most stubs and full tickets. The manufacturer that I use is SafTgard Supplies.

For more special rare tickets that I plan to display, I use custom acrylic screwdown cases that a gentleman in So Cal used to hand make for me and other people 15-20 years ago. Several excellent screw down bricks are available in the marketplace. If you attend the National Sportscard Convention, there are always dealers that specialize in supplies with a variety of display/storage options.

Here is a look at how I display my tickets in a top loader and a couple of my custom screwdown acrylic cases that I mentioned.

BTW, my personal bias is that I do not like to slab tickets. The date and most important info about the game is already on the ticket and I don't feel the need to pay someone to tell me what event a ticket was used for. To each is own, though!

The great thing about collecting is that you have different options and choices about how you want to display your collection and how you spend your money.
There definitely is no right or wrong answer, FWIW.

Good collecting,
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JJim Bunning signed perfect game ticket.jpg (76.7 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan Angel's debut and 1st Angels win ticket.jpg (32.7 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan 324th win.jpg (37.0 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Ticket wall.jpg (36.8 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg Ticket wall 2.jpg (48.5 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-18-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Thanks for sharing Scott.

Those are very classy acrylic cases.
Beautiful display all the way around.

You've Inspired me to do some searching for the custom case makers.

What game is that 50's-70's era Detroit Tigers ticket from?
Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

That's just damn cool!
Old 03-18-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
Thanks for sharing Scott.

Those are very classy acrylic cases.
Beautiful display all the way around.

You've Inspired me to do some searching for the custom case makers.

What game is that 50's-70's era Detroit Tigers ticket from?
Thank you!
The green Tigers stub is from Nolan Ryan's 2nd career no-hitter on 7/15/73.
The tickets immediately behind it are no-hitters #1 (at KC- pink stub), full tickets to no-hitters # 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 going left to right in the case.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Phil P

Default Storing Tickets

Drift:
I would add 1 more important item to storing tickets safely. Make sure before placing in any hard case holder to place ticket in a soft sleeve holder first. That will protect tickets from possibly sticking to the hard case when enclosed.
Scott, your ticket collection is simply unbelievable! Kudos to you in amassing a Hall of Fame ticket collection.
Phil

Last edited by koufax1fan; 03-19-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:08 PM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Thank you!
The green Tigers stub is from Nolan Ryan's 2nd career no-hitter on 7/15/73.
He threw that on the day I was born.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Clift0n Johns0n

There are exceptions, but for the most part, I only purchase PSA graded tickets. In regards to tickets, I mostly collect World Series. Just my opinion, but from what I have noticed, there is a greater disparity between collector's opinions of grades when tickets are involved. from what I have noticed, many more tickets are returned with grades of "authentic" than cards of a similar vintage. this makes me doubt any non graded ticket. with that said, most tickets are raw, which makes me doubt those items even more because of the above. in my experience, many more tickets were glued into albums or trimmed (to remove perforations) than cards which explains more gradings of "authentic". also psa grading allows you to join the set registry which I find very enjoyable.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoudeyGum View Post
There are exceptions, but for the most part, I only purchase PSA graded tickets. In regards to tickets, I mostly collect World Series. Just my opinion, but from what I have noticed, there is a greater disparity between collector's opinions of grades when tickets are involved. from what I have noticed, many more tickets are returned with grades of "authentic" than cards of a similar vintage. this makes me doubt any non graded ticket. with that said, most tickets are raw, which makes me doubt those items even more because of the above. in my experience, many more tickets were glued into albums or trimmed (to remove perforations) than cards which explains more gradings of "authentic". also psa grading allows you to join the set registry which I find very enjoyable.

I dont collect many tickets outside of those related to the 71 Pirates. My sole exception is below. It was graded as a 1 when I received it as a gift. I think that vintage tickets were not treated the same as modern ones. They were torn, stuffed in pockets, and glued in scrapbooks. Despite their rarity, I for one find the story mint condition unused tickets tell to be a sad one. I like to know the ticket was at the game it was printed for. I don't understand how stubs are graded for condition. How is this pink stub for the same event considered to be a 7 when it isn't even a complete stub? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-8-74-Hank-...item53e50ceb7c If I was to pay to have a vintage ticket graded, which is unlikely, I would request an authentic designation rather than a numeric grade. I'm certain the original owner of this ticket wouldn't have described the experience as a poor one

Last edited by 71buc; 03-21-2014 at 09:38 PM.