NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Steve, just in case I have a great liver and onion recipe.
I might have to get that from you!!

I also drive on parkways and park on driveways. I believe that sports is the original "reality television".

Rainbows are awesome ... double rainbows are more rare than no-hitters.

I admire people who sacrifice their own time, with no financial gain, to better the hobby with one-of-a-kind information.

I firmly believe that heaven exists.

I think that Christmas has become overrated. Valentines day too.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

If you promise to end this i will give you the recipe
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

Steve, why your sudden interest in this thread? If you are trying to 'out-stupid' Chris, you won hands-down.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-27-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Steve is suspended. Anyone else want to act like a maroon?

and I just deleted 25 of Steve's idiotic posts.....as well as 17 of Big Dave's posts.

Last edited by Leon; 02-27-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Leon...I believe he was just showing the ridiculous that this thread has become. It has been going on for a week.....to what purpose? If Chris has a point to make, a finger to point, or an allegation against someone...then have him get to the point...
Old 02-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Leon...I believe he was just showing the ridiculous that this thread has become. It has been going on for a week.....to what purpose? If Chris has a point to make, a finger to point, or an allegation against someone...then have him get to the point...
You guys made a point and so did I.....42 total deletions later. Every single post I deleted had nothing to do with the hobby. Yes, Chris is being a bit evasive but there is a method to his madness. And it should be rather obvious who he is talking about anyway. On the other hand no one is going to hold threads or this board hostage the way you and Steve were posting. This one post, in this thread (that I am responding to) is all you had to say to get your point across. I hate censoring anything or deleting anything but if it's for the betterment of the board, imo, then so be it. Every post I deleted was completely and 100% void of anything to do with anything in this thread or the hobby.

PS.. I reinstated Steve but I don't want anyone hijacking a thread with a gazillion insane posts. It makes the board look bad. Please PM me for help before it comes to that. I understand the covertness of this thread but that doesn't mean everyone can hijack it.

Last edited by Leon; 02-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Leon,

At the same time, what Chris is doing is making the board look bad. I get that he has done some great things for the hobby, but he really shouldn't get a pass...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 02-27-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Leon,

At the same time, what Chris is doing is making the board look bad. I get that he has done some great things for the hobby, but he really shouldn't get a pass...
So a few folks should PM me and I can have a chat with Chris about it. Taking over the thread, or the board, isn't the way to accomplish anything. Sorry, but it wasn't even close in my mind, 42 completely erroneous posts in a row just upset me. What can I say?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Leon,

Agreed. What has this post led to? Another pissing match with the regulars and finger-pointing amongst everyone. This is worse than gossip.

Ken
Old 02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Sorry, Leon, guess I was typing at the same time as you.

Ken
Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Sorry, Leon, guess I was typing at the same time as you.

Ken
That's ok Ken. Like I said, if several folks are upset and several folks PM me I promise I will help. I always have. That is the way it should be done.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

I expressed how I felt about this thread 6 pages ago....yet here we are with the same as then.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I expressed how I felt about this thread 6 pages ago....yet here we are with the same as then.
And when did you PM me? Like I said, instead of taking over the thread, you, Steve, and whomever else should have got a hold of me. I have never, that I remember, been accused of not helping someone when asked. I always at least try and most times am successful. This would have been no different.

PS...this should only be your 2nd page...you can set how many posts per page all the way up to 80 in your user control panel.....this is barely the 2nd page for me.

Last edited by Leon; 02-27-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
If Leon wishes to lock this thread that is fine with me.
I think the easiest thing to do at this point is what the originator of the thread said is fine with him. Lock it.
All I ask is that in the future, before anyone blows a gasket, get a hold of me to help. I will always try or give an explanation of why I can't. I do think this is concerning a self proclaimed white knight, who a few have mentioned and already stated in the thread. But I don't know, for sure, as Chris never told me either.