NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Shawn England

Default Another Non Paying Ebay Goof Joshua Sando Fair Warning

Yep... Joshua A Sando does not pay his bills. joshuasando ( 147)

Emailed me with the cliche' "I put in $100 instead of $10 dollars". Then goes on and on about how the card is worth a 5th of the price etc etc... Even states that the under-bidders look fishy. Its the same old predictable line of bull.

I do not buy his story but even if it was true - it does not matter to me - a deal is a deal whether you mess up or not. I guess I am from a different time, a different school.

I usually do not like to start these kinds of posts, not sure that I ever have - but I would block this punk from bidding on your listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110808922793...84.m1562.l2649

Royally pisses me off
Shawn England
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Dan Bretta

Last week I listed about 60 old letterheads from different companies..about 1/3rd of them sold for the minimum bid ($4.99), but one of them went for $212. The underbidder emailed me and asked if I could tell him who won it..he did not expect it to go for that much and said he put in an insane bid just to guarantee he would win it....I gave him the bidder's ID so he could see there was no funny business on my part...the winner who still had not paid after 5 days contacted me telling me he only wanted to pay $100 for it...I emailed him back and asked him why he bid over $200 if he only wanted to pay $100 for it and he told me that he didn't expect it to go that high. I'm holding him to the $212 he won it for and gave him extra time to pay for it...I'm sure I'll pay for that in my DSR ratings.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Last week I listed about 60 old letterheads from different companies..about 1/3rd of them sold for the minimum bid ($4.99), but one of them went for $212. The underbidder emailed me and asked if I could tell him who won it..he did not expect it to go for that much and said he put in an insane bid just to guarantee he would win it....I gave him the bidder's ID so he could see there was no funny business on my part...the winner who still had not paid after 5 days contacted me telling me he only wanted to pay $100 for it...I emailed him back and asked him why he bid over $200 if he only wanted to pay $100 for it and he told me that he didn't expect it to go that high. I'm holding him to the $212 he won it for and gave him extra time to pay for it...I'm sure I'll pay for that in my DSR ratings.
When it comes to buyers like that, Dan, I never let them off the hook even if it affects my DSR numbers.

What a bunch of crap from that seller. If he didn't want to pay more than $100.00 for it, then he shouldn't have proxy bid $200.00. Never let buyers off the hook.

That garbage about not allowing sellers to give moron buyers negative feedback is a bunch of BS!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

A deal is a deal, period. Ebay is now a breeding ground for the unscruplous, it fosters less than standup behavior and allows for the abuse of the honest. I am totally fed up with it. I sold 35 cards on Sunday and already have problems with 3 people trying to renege on purchases. I am done with it.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Dan Bretta

I can't afford to be done with it so I just roll with the punches, but I'm not running into much of a problem selling cards..I sold 50 football autograph/relic cards last week and got paid for every single one on time.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Shawn England

You gotta take the good with the bad. The best you can do is try to stay informed and block the bad ones from bidding. You will never stop them all, but....

Joshua Sando is not a responsible ebayer.

Shawn England

Last edited by smokelessjoe; 01-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
A deal is a deal, period. Ebay is now a breeding ground for the unscruplous, it fosters less than standup behavior and allows for the abuse of the honest. I am totally fed up with it. I sold 35 cards on Sunday and already have problems with 3 people trying to renege on purchases. I am done with it.
Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible. Yesterday he sent another message at 8:30 am asking if I had mailed it yet. I can tell this one will be a problem.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM

I had one guy tell me that he decided to read the listing AFTER he won the lot I was selling. This was after he bid three days before the end of the auction. Some of the people on there amaze me.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Personally I'd let him cancel and once it's mutually and agreeably cancelled I'd block him.
If the underbidder seems comfortable with the explanation I'd forward the reneging buyers email with most of the identifying info removed and make a deal off Ebay with him, even at a much lower price. I'd feel better selling to a person who seems to really want the item rather than someone who's going to bid big then back out of things.

I've placed what to me were really big bids on a few things, and usually won for right about what I expected. Only a couple times has an item gone for near or above what I thought was a crazy bid. And I was ok with it because I just don't bid more than I'm comfortable with right then.

Steve B
Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Dan, that sucks. As a seller, I almost always just bite the bullet and tell them to forget about it, and I don't worry about blocking them. But if it really bugs you, you can just turn him in for non-payment - ebay will resolve the case by telling him to pay, and there won't be any negative feedback. If he doesn't pay, you get your fees back and he gets a strike.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Kyle

Quote:
Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible. Yesterday he sent another message at 8:30 am asking if I had mailed it yet. I can tell this one will be a problem.
I'm assuming he paid, right?

BTW, that was a nice group of cards, wish I would've won a few of them.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Yes he paid. Thanks for the compliment about the cards.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible.
Well, a fair number of post offices do have machines for postage that are open 24/7 so, theoretically, it's possible you could have mailed it at 10pm on Sunday night. I know that I've done that many times myself.

That said, the guy is a tool for even asking.

Tabe
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Jimmy

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you block a bidder?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Dan Bretta

Go to the bottom of pretty much any ebay page...look for site map and click on it. When you get there search for "Block Bidder/Buyer List"..click on it and you can add the ebay name of anyone you want to block.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Jimmy

Quote:
Go to the bottom of pretty much any ebay page...look for site map and click on it. When you get there search for "Block Bidder/Buyer List"..click on it and you can add the ebay name of anyone you want to block.
Done. Thanks!
Not easy to find without instructions...
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
My brother currently has a 33% non pay average since Novemeber on ebay and he does about 12 auctions a week. Yep, about 1/3 of his buyers fail to pay or come up with a lame excuse as to why they can't or won't pay. The latest scam is for unscrupulous buyers to say they never got their card even though the parcel was insured or had delivery confirmation. They get their money back and get to keep a free card basically. My brother has had at least 3 of these types of incidents since December 1st. Ebay offers no support whatso ever and actually sided with the liar buyer in one case
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Dan Bretta

I am currently trying to get payment from someone with a +7 feedback rating...I decided to look at the feedback and every single one is a negative positive for non-payment. How many times can someone do this without getting suspended?

Link to their feedback - still not suspended. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206DK View Post
My brother currently has a 33% non pay average since Novemeber on ebay and he does about 12 auctions a week. Yep, about 1/3 of his buyers fail to pay or come up with a lame excuse as to why they can't or won't pay. The latest scam is for unscrupulous buyers to say they never got their card even though the parcel was insured or had delivery confirmation. They get their money back and get to keep a free card basically. My brother has had at least 3 of these types of incidents since December 1st. Ebay offers no support whatso ever and actually sided with the liar buyer in one case
I put DC on every package...I've had two people in the last few months claim to not receive their item when the DC said that it was delivered. They both put a claim against me and I won both times. I had another seller this week tell me that the item they got was broken..I told them to send me a picture and they said they would, but never did. They gave me a positive this week without ever sending a pic. I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me to do partial refund and when I asked for a pic of the broken item the game was over. They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 PM

Default t206

Hello,

I was the underbidder....i emailed you.....we can work out a deal

It was a fairly cheap card, thought i could get around what i offered you...

let me know....

Hope all is well...

Peace

Johnny
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Jim D

Quote:
last time this happened to me, as soon as i confirmed i mailed it, he took his money back.

i would tell him you mailed it and see what happens within a day or two

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Dave

Quote:
I put DC on every package...I've had two people in the last few months claim to not receive their item when the DC said that it was delivered. They both put a claim against me and I won both times. I had another seller this week tell me that the item they got was broken..I told them to send me a picture and they said they would, but never did. They gave me a positive this week without ever sending a pic. I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me to do partial refund and when I asked for a pic of the broken item the game was over. They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know.

It's amazing how many times this happens. 9 times out of 10 they come back with some variation of..............."whoops, found it in a pile of junkmail my husband, wife, son, daughter, etc.. brought in a couple weeks ago.", after I give them the tracking info, and ask them to question their local post office about miss-deliveries or stolen packages.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know.
Oh, but there IS a way to know!!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Oh, but there IS a way to know!!
Do tell...