NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1980 & Newer Sports Cards B/S/T

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Barry Bonds

I would love to hear what everyone thinks is going to happen with Barry Bonds cards inpeticulat his rookie cards. We all know prices were up there untill all the drama, now you can get them for a song.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 AM
octavio ranzola

bonds cards were over printed by the millions no upside ,,,
Old 11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Gotta agree about the cards being overproduced. It's not just Bonds or just the roiders though, it's like that accross the board. At some point though, I think the more obscure(or at least limited)cards will come to the forefront. Obviously, with Bonds the '86 Topps Traded Tiffany is still "the card" to have of him. I'd go as far as the 1987 Donruss Opening Day error as well(if you're willing to give that one RC designation)...

For other players. Say Ripken, I think the Topps Traded will always be the card to have for him...Mattingly, probably the "Nestle 792"...Biggio and Alomar, probably the '88 Score Update Glossys". Of players with no real obscure cards, I anticipate that the "Topps Tiffanys" will jump out in front. Also, I expect that the XRC/RC thing will sort itself out with the collectors. I think ultimately, the RC's will fade from memory, when there are XRC's in previous years.. Goodbye '85 for Clemens/Pucket. It'll be the '84 Fleer Update and nothing else.. Sammy Sosa, forget about all the 1990 realeses, it'll be the '89 Donruss Baseball's Best card.

I could keep going, but I think you get what I'm going for here. These cards will start to pull away from the pack. While the more overly-produced releases revert to almost common status. Keep in mind, that I'm not including minor league and really, really obscure team issues(that's a whole other ballgame), but I could easily see those picking up a lot steam as well..
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
David M.

I bought the 1986 Topps Traded (non Tiffany) in PSA 10 for around $100 when the National was in Anaheim. I don't remember what year that was. I thought they were a sure thing. They will probably never be near that price again. Oh well. At least I didn't pay $50 grand for a Trout card.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I honestly would like to have a Donruss Opening Day Johnny Ray / Barry Bonds rookie. I do think they are legitimately rare, but I think $100 would be the most I would pay for a real nice one. There are three currently on ebay but they are all north of $500.

I have a couple of game used...he didn't seem to do a lot of those.