NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default I First Came Here To Learn About Cards................................

Posted By: Anonymous

and I must say that every forum I've gone to has provided me with much information and knowledge that will save me money and frustration in the future.It has been very helpful to learn about questionable Ebay sellers, spotting altered and or trimmed cards, pricing info etc. I have recently found myself becoming interested in the Koos/ Daniels situation and for more than just entertainment purposes. I am disabled and spend much time online so I must say that this has been somewhat entertaining. But my interest has gone much further now as I have read these post and have formed some opinions(of which I'll keep to myself)and questions.(the questions being the reason for this post)

1) If it is common knowledge that Koos has a more than a questionable reputation then why would BCD have any dealings whatsoever with him?

2)Why would anybody with a family and bills spend money to have 6o altered cards graded?

3)If either party were as honorable as they would have us believe, then why did communication between them continue between for such a lengthy period?

4)Why didn't one of them immediately warn everybody here of personal knowledge of potentially fraudulent activities that could have caused any board memeber here to become a rube?

5)If there weren't some sort of mutual intent by these gentlemen to defraud potential buyers, then how do they both have so much knowledge of each others dealings and personal lives?

6) Even if someone became willing to Go to Ebay after the fact and come clean, why participate in less than ethical activities to begin with?

7)If someone is willing to participate in unethical activities,why do it unless there was some expectation of personal gain?

8)If neither had anything to hide then why was their business relationship not common knowledge to everyone on this board?(Seems that everything else is)

9)Isn't it fairly easy these days to find out what telephone number is assigned to a name and vice versa?
(Caller I.D.)(*69)

10)If someone has shown a propensity for dishonesty in one way, can they be trusted in other ways?

I have had no dealings with either of these fellas and thanks to information I got here, it is not likely that I ever will.I don't think that after examining what has been posted on this board,that either one of these guys can be given more credibility than the other. They have both been less than forthcoming with the truth. Only after one brings out more info about the other does that one bring out even more.

Koos, I would very much like copies of all of the communications and pictures that you've mentioned. I would like to read what you describe as unalterable mailings to discern for my self exactly what really did transpire. As I said before, I am disabled with much time on my hands to look all of this over.

Maybe because of the amount of time I have, my interest has been sparked a bit more than some of the others here. I am completely unbiased and have absolutely nothing to lose or gain here. I will read everything concerning this matter and when finished will mail my findings to anyone that request them.

I will not post any information on this board though because, I very much would like to get back to the enjoyment of baseball and tobacco card collecting. It will be interesting when all of this is over though, to see if everyone interested will let this pass, make their amends and get on with life.

Because of my interest, I have found on the web,another forum in which Dr, Koos is involved.It does seem that there are those there as well that have had less than favorable opinons of the Doc concerning comics with very similar accusations to some that I have read here. If anyone is interested, Email me and I will send you the link.

I do hope that all of this is resolved soon and even though this has been somewhat .......crazy for lack of better words, I hope that at least I will always be able to count on others to warn me all of questionable sellers on Ebay.I have been able to keep from making some big mistakes by reading about questionable dealers and am truly grateful that there is someplace to obtain this kind of info.
Peace,
Chuck

Old 08-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: largeCharles

Anyway I certainly did not intend to post anonymously
Peace,
Chuck

Old 08-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...can you just post the link here? It is, after all, a public bulletin board, i assume.

-dan

Old 08-28-2002, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: LargeCharles

When you get to the forum , go to search, search for keyword(s)"Comickeys" "Koos" or "Methusalah" which is one of his IDs there. As you will find, he also has numerous "anonymous" post there. It is quite evident by content that he is the "anonymous' poster.

Peace,
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat= Chuck

Old 08-28-2002, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck Montoya

I really would be interested in copies of those mailings that you offered to anyone who asked.
Thanks,
Chuck

Old 08-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...you're right, charles. He has the same reputation there. No surprises, I guess...