NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Default 2 different auction house currently auctioning the same item?!

How is this possible. Both auctions are live and have different high bids

http://iconicauctions.com/Jackie_Rob...-LOT49460.aspx

https://pristineauction.com/a417763-...ded-10-PSA-LOA

I have always had my suspicions of Iconic Auctions and possible shill bidding. I don't want to accuse, but something is wrong here. I know I have to use my name when accusing so to appease Leon, it is Fr@nk Re1nste1n.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Well, you have to admit - that piece is both 'iconic' and 'pristine'.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Richard Simon

How cool is this,, win both auctions and pay for both letters. I am sooooo curious to see what the auction house would say when one of them tells you that they don't have the letter (or perhaps they discover that one is a copy??)
Nothing surprises me any longer, nothing.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Since I have made my name known, I have noticed that Iconic has "auctioned" items before that were also on ebay both before, during and after their auction ended.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Richard Simon

That says a lot about their iconic nature.
I guess the definition of iconic is different to them then it is to us.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-24-2016, 05:51 PM
qu@n nguy3n

ahah real familiar with these guys, i think they go by press pass collectibles on ebay...as i always see sky high prices on auction going thru PP to sell on ebay (or don't sell). i stopped looking at their auctions a long time ago because it seems like you can never win anything. never made the 1+1 that iconic and pristine were the same even tho their addresses are 15min apart and i get worthless email reminders from them every month...which i should probably unsubscribe to.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Both Auction Houses are jokes

I've long stopped looking at both. Pristine will re-list the same items over and over, when no one outbids their top shill bids it just comes back next auction, and Iconic is also a joke, prices are always outrageous, yet oddly I've never seen anyone here post something from Iconic, there's a reason for that.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 PM
keith janosky

I always notice on Pristine the high amount of bids on each auction right when an auction starts for the following week. Looks pretty strange to me. Even the crap stuff has a high bid total. I have never won anything on any of there auctions and many things seem to get relisted. Maybe reserved items but again strange to me. Iconic and there Ebay auctions are way overpriced in my opinion so I also have quit bidding. Not worth my time.

Last edited by keithsky; 02-25-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Talked to both auctions houses, and they are not the same (assuming they aren't both blatantly lying to me.) Both realize that the consignor promised both they could sell the item, which I stated was pretty shady on his part. As of today, one AH pulled it while the other states the letter is physically at their location.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:11 PM
keith janosky

I don't know how both auction companies could say they have it or list it when as a consignor don't you send the item to the auction house so they have it in there possession? If one has the item at there place how could the other say they do also? Am I missing something?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I don't know how both auction companies could say they have it or list it when as a consignor don't you send the item to the auction house so they have it in there possession? If one has the item at there place how could the other say they do also? Am I missing something?
I guess both accept items from consignors they are familiar with and post them before they get them in hand. One AH used the term "remote posting" and the other told me it was in transit to them when I called them originally.