NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-03-2002, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default T206 BROADLEAF Johnson

Posted By: jverri01 

I emailed the seller with plenty of info. about the player/back combo being illegitimate. His response:

-----------------------------------------
I bought this card already graded by PRO and I have every reason to assume it
is legitimate. Lots of people assume certain combinations can't exist, until
they are found. I recall a red hindu Matty (I think) awhile ago in both a
PSA and an SGC holder, that people thought didn't exist, also a PSA Cobb with
a CB back. If I had some compelling evidence this card was 'bad' I would
just pull the auction, but I have no such evidence.
Thanks,
Gerry

------------------------------------------

PLEASE ASSIST ME IN PROVIDING HIM WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS CARD!

The auction listing:
Ebay item #1839500306

His email address:
Gmoser2@aol.com

Old 07-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Dear James
I have sent the seller a detailed email of the problems. I doubt it will do any good, but I gave it my best shot. Be well brian

Old 07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott (runscott)

High-dollar unique cards leave huge, and usually short, trails. These crooks have never been caught because they are working very close to the "final" point of sale, which means the ebay sellers are quite aware of what is going on.

Do you seriously think these people found these re-backed fakes in Grandpa's trunk? No, they bought them from crooks for a fraction of what they will sell them for - kind of like buying counterfeit $20s from the printer.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Scott
I am 100% sure these guys are part of the "Pro group", but I want them to know others are on to them. While it won't do any good, it 's kind of makes you feel a little better. These people stink!
later brian

Old 07-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

Interesting to note that TWENTY bids were by a shill with 2 feedback- I mean a bidder with 2 feedback. If that seller screws with a comparatively low value card like the Rose, it makes this "private" auction less surprising. I won't go near that seller again.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Administrator

I sent him an email also. Others may disagree with my opinion that the seller is very closely linked to the re-backer - I would love to hear other thoughts on this.

Old 07-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Scott,
What really ticks me off is his use of the Red Hindu Mathewson debacle as a reason to question our emails.I have explained the problem and assured this crook that I can find 25 Experts to swear in a court of law that this card is fake. Of course he never responded to this email. Maybe a constant email barage to ebay by all the board members will get some action.
until then I will wish for snipers brian

Old 07-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Administrator

The seller canceled the auction due to a mistake in listing. Did we force his hand? Or did he sell the card offline to avoid complications? I hope we don't see anymore rebacks, but I doubt it. later brian

Old 07-03-2002, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Here's the seller's response to my email:

"Thanks for your input. I still am far from convinced there is anything wrong with this card, but since more than one person has mentioned the possible problem I will not be selling this card until I have further investigated this issue."

Old 07-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Here's the last of 3 responses:

I know of several other (heretofore unknown combinations)cards besides the ones you mentioned that have been, contrary to many peoples opinions shown to exist. Anyway I have ended the auction and will not be selling the card until further investigating the matter.

short term victory, brian

Old 07-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BRIAN C DANIELS

Note! The e-mail address you have!!!!!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1022126718&lp=1024519713

The above is where I mention Gerry Moser by name! Koos told of his being burglarized buying the bogus 52 mint Mantle and the Bogus E-90 ****ful Joe Jackson faux PRO graded junk! I listed the multiple handles they use as well a bunch of times in Dan's posts on PRO cards....

They are scam artists and many on the old Fullcount Chat board ( which you can review old posts and threads )will disclose much of the bad back info....

As far as the MATHEWSON/RED HINDU BACK card is concerned...IT WAS DESTROYED BY SGC ALMOST 16 MONTHS AGO.....CALL THEM FOR4 CONFIRMATION! It was NO GOOD and so was the COBB these guys ( Art & Gerry ) tried to sell as a one of a kind ( PRO Graded of course ) back!!!! Two collectors who read this board know the details to confirm. Maybe Mr. A or Mr. C might chime in with some addendum info.....

Old 07-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

BY SGC*** GERRY IS FULL OF IT! ALSO BILL MASTRO HIMSELF DISOLVED THE COBB WITH THE DRUM BACK HE PEDDLED ON E-BAY!!!! I KEEP TRACK OF THIS STUFF AS THE ONLY KNOWN COBB W/DRUM BACK IS THE ONE I PURCHASED INDIRECTLY THROUGH FESTBERG'S AUCTION ALMOST THREE YEARS AGO...!!!!

HIS*** COBB/DRUM WAS LAMINATED

THE MATTY/'RED' HINDU PORTRAIT WAS LAMINATED AND BOTH WERE DESTROYED.....JUST ASK BILL M*

AND DAN.......I HAVE A MAYY PITCHING WITH WHITE CAP AND BROWN HINDU*** WHICH IS LEGIT AND PSA GRADED....I PURCHASED FROM THE A-NUMBER ONE E-BAY POWER SELLING GOOD GUY:::: JAMES V***** THE KING OF RARE CARDS!!!!

Old 07-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

BcD is absolutely correct about the Red Hindu Matty. I have examined this card in person and it was CLEARLY a fake. Someone had removed the reverse and replaced it with a Red Hindu back that had been trimmed to the same size as the front of the card. It was well enough done to fool someone on eBay but NOT well enough done to fool an experienced collector of T206s. Any claim that this card is (was) legitimate is without merit.